Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 02:06:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lonely on vacation  (Read 354 times)
strugglingfortwo
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Common law marriage

« on: March 01, 2021, 09:32:07 PM »

I am in day 3 of a COVID staycation with a BPD who I have beed with for ten years.  For over 6 of those years, he did not work at all and with lits of help, he was within a semester of finishing a program and decided to withdraw this term.  Now, he is living at home and has reverted to playing video games and getting angry about them and at me due to them.  I have a fulltime job and work from home and it is not uncommon for him to wake up angry at me, or become triggered and walk in to yell at me while I am in meetings.  He becomes angry when I don't put him first.  He will not listen, and threatens to hurt himself if I leave (he has not though I believe he feels this way).  Sometimes is angry at the care I show for our animals.  I appreciate the books but feel very alone.  His family blames me for 'letting' him behave this way, he has systematically undermined my friendships, doesn't trust past friends, or me many days.  I am so sad and lonely.  If I didn't love him so much, I would have left years ago. I am so tired.  This leads to me being called a bitch and more extreme daily.  Getting 'help' has not been helpful.  COVID isolation has been the absolute worst.  I would welcome any supportive words or thoughts.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

ThanksForPlaying

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 09:48:56 PM »

You're not alone! We know how it feels. You're doing the right thing by sticking with your own job. It's hard.

Have you tried finding another online community related to your interests? 24/7 stressing about bpd can be exhausting, even though it seems like if we just work harder, we'll find a solution. I'm not saying spend all your time doing that, but a few minutes a day making some new online friends could be good. Watch out for creeps and catfish of course.

Hang in there - covid isolation will absolutely get better eventually. And bpd might get better too - there's always a chance. Stay positive.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest