Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 24, 2024, 03:12:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help with estranged spouse who has turned on me  (Read 439 times)
Helpme2020

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Estranged

« on: December 28, 2020, 10:37:33 AM »

Please help!

Please help
kells76
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 11:06:06 AM »

Hi Helpme2020, welcome to the group  Welcome new member (click to insert in post)

What's going on for you?

Let us know how we can be supportive.

Cheers;

kells76
Helpme2020

Relationship status: Estranged

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 02:43:28 PM »

I don’t know why my post didn’t appear, I wrote out a whole long one. I was blindsided months ago when I discovered that my spouse of 16 years cheated on me with an employee. I soon learned that he is a compulsive liar, has many traits of Narcissistic Personality Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder and is closeted bisexual (possibly homosexual). He has been diagnosed Bipolar and refuses to take any medication.

He has begun splitting and raging at me. The children are terrified of him (he has been an absentee father their entire lives) and ran away crying after he screeched obscenities at me. Estranged spouse refuses to take any responsibility for his role in destroying the marriage. It makes me absolutely livid! Now he has drained the bank account so I have to ask him for money, like a beggar.

He refuses to leave our home, refuses to sell our home, refuses to sign any separation agreement and refuses mediation. I don’t know what to do. I am so shocked, angry, hurt and horrified that this is my life and my whole marriage has been a lie. HELP?
CoherentMoose

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 03:31:58 PM »

Yikes!

Sounds to me you need to find a safe place while you work your plans going forward.  Has there been any physical violence, or threatened physical violence in the past?  Do you have any friends or family that can help?  How about DV shelters?  My GF researched those as a part of a safety plan and they are out there.  Sometimes they are hard to get in to, but they are there.  Fortunately for my gF, her mother was able to secure shelter for her when the time came to depart from her xBPDH. 

First order of business is to find safe and secure shelter with the means to provide living basics, and then obtain legal help.  Good luck.  CoMo
ForeverDad
Retired Staff

Relationship status: separated 2005 then divorced

You can't reason with the Voice of Unreason...

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 06:24:01 PM »

Boundaries are important.  For years I was so frustrated, my then-spouse ignored and bulldozed the boundaries I set for her.    It was here I learned of effective boundaries.  Sadly, the implementation of them still left us heading toward the end of our relationship.  We had one child, a preschooler then (and now an adult) and the court order (as it morphed over the years) was a way to enforce at least minimal boundaries.

Your spouse won't agree to things, or later violates them?  Family court is The Real Authority.  Just so sad that getting that to happen means the marriage is over.

ForeverDad
Retired Staff

Relationship status: separated 2005 then divorced

You can't reason with the Voice of Unreason...

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 12:57:05 AM »

How have things been lately?  Do you have an update on what your concerns are?  Peer support is here, just ask...

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest