Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 02:47:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Insight  (Read 387 times)
bwawinner
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Single

« on: February 23, 2021, 11:36:50 PM »

I have a lot of rough up and downs just on an emotional rollercoaster with my ex & I still care for her deeply and do want to fight for her and us even if she doesn't feel the same at the moment, my mind tells me to give it up already and walk away but my heart tells me to keep fighting even if it's hard .. I love everything about her even the things I don't like and can't stand and that's what my definition of true love like I know how much of a cliché it sounds "for better or worse, and in sickness and health" but true love doesn't die even when things are hard and I want insight on BPD and what I can do to keep fighting for such a beautiful soul who doesn't think they're worth loving.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 12:08:25 AM »

welcome, friend.

you sound exhausted.

tell us more about your relationship and whats going on. how long have the two of you been together? when did the major problems set in?

are you currently broken up?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
bwawinner
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: Single

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 12:15:43 AM »

I am exhausted mentally & I know I'm not the one with the disorder and I'm not trying to make it about me .. but I matter too not just her and I just wish she would understand why I get upset but it makes me upset because I don't think the way she does, I'm not wired the way she is and I just wish I could understand why she says the hurtful things she does sometimes because when she's in a "mood" I tell myself that I know she doesn't mean it and that's not the person I fell in love with but BPD isn't what makes her that person even if she does have it.
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 02:07:39 AM »

i hate to break it to you: it is the person you fell in love with.

if you choose the path of loving someone with borderline personality disorder, it is a hard truth that will confront you again and again, until you accept it.

only then can you make the chances necessary to get your relationship on a better, healthier trajectory.

if you are going to pursue this relationship, do so with eyes wide open. know that while things can improve, its a difficult path.

this is a great place to start: https://www.bpdfamily.com/content/what-does-it-take-be-relationship

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest