Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 04:36:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A New Me, so proud of me  (Read 354 times)
izzitme

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: March 02, 2021, 10:33:34 AM »

Welcome new member (click to insert in post)

Since putting self-compassion into practice, I have seen my sense of self-worth explode. Wanting to set boundaries for myself because I respect myself has been a natural progression.  The ten year dynamic with my unHusband has been him treating me like I am not an equal, me reacting and then me having to grovel because he saw me as "the devil". I am no longer putting up with his angry energy toward me. Last night, I did it imperfectly as any newbie to a new skill does, but I am so proud of myself. We were trying to decide if we were going food shopping. I have a chronic illness, so taking inventory of my energy supplies to do this simple task is necessary. I am having surgery Friday which will require a month long recovery and I am quite nervous about triggering a Lupus flare. I was being really indecisive with my husband about going shopping and he finally got so frustrated with me that he threw down the remote and yelled at me. The old me would grovel and would have just went shopping with him to appease him, but I stood up to this aggressive action. I said some choice words, like I said I am learning a new skill, and removed myself from him for the rest of the night, telling him I would be expecting an apology for this aggressive action. He wants to talk about my bad behavior with being indecisive but I said buy in for a conversation is an apology for the remote throwing. He is gaslighting me and saying that never happened, so I ended the conversation. I told him there will be no character attacks against me, victimhood or blaming me because nothing I did warrants a violent act. I am holding my ground with this. Not because I expect him to change but because I have changed and have a newfound love and respect for myself. I have spent years gladly wearing the weight of being "the bad one" in this relationship when I fought back against controlling and unequal behavior. It feels incredible to have my own back and I am prepared to see it through, even it means having surgery and recovery without him. I will not be groveling. We can talk about my imperfect reaction with an abundance of self-compassion and wanting to better the relationship, but only after I get an apology. Just thought I would share this momentous, huge step with you!  Way to go! (click to insert in post)
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

rum2020

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 01:22:04 PM »

Go you!
ThanksForPlaying

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 11:53:50 PM »

Yes!
khibomsis

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Grieving

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 12:47:55 AM »

well done ! Way to go! (click to insert in post)

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest