Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 11:54:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No big surprise his changes didn’t last.  (Read 335 times)
At Bay

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« on: September 18, 2021, 02:59:56 PM »

Just celebrated our 50th anniversary. After 18 mos., no matter how sincere the apologies, but also how strong the denials he’d fooled around despite proof, the being a good husband to me didn’t last. I believed him because he had, tellingly, stopped withdrawing 300. a mo. to fund his other life. (I had eventually asked why it was needed considering we charge everything under the sun, and that I wanted half of it! I guess they had to cut back, huh.) His personality and attitude completely changed, with him kissing me everything he left on an errand, returning quickly compared to 2 yrs ago when he practically listed half the places in the phonebook that he needed to go. Followed by "unforeseen" delays.

So, it is a wicked turn of events that is even more demoralizing than his sneaking around and lying about it. At times I was even glad he was gone for the day. Recently one evening, he began yelling at me just like he used to do. Inventing some blunder I'd maliciously directed at him. I was in the kitchen, and for the first time in my life, I sent a coffee cup flying into the sink from across the room. I felt like a gullible dummy, and went to bed knowing if I stayed up, it would get even worse just like old-times.

Earlier this yr, I’d begun to think he hadn’t changed when he over-reacted to something, and later told me he’d thought about leaving me. I said: your clothes are still in the closet and he said that he didn’t mean moving = calling up the woman at the dry clearers to restart the affair?

Watching him message someone, when he thought I was asleep, and then leave the house 18 mos. ago explained a lot of odd things he’d been doing for years. A subject that he still goes nuts about denying even when we’re talking about something i. e., AND At Bay, I NEVER  picked up that woman you claim you heard on voice mail and saw texts from. (Also the first person/number he’d texted after I told him I knew what he was doing and I wanted it to stop.) He claimed she never gave him a dirty look at the drive-thru the first time he brought me along to drop off clothes for cleaning. Oh, why did he try his best to talk me out of going there with him that day?

Sorry if I'm repeating myself.  This weekend he's giving me the silent treatment that will last the  usual 4-5 days and then want to start over. It makes me sick.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest