Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 03:02:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Borderline tendencies or Bpd? Any difference?  (Read 423 times)
Firsttimefather

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Dating living together pregnant

« on: December 24, 2021, 06:30:31 PM »

I don’t know if this is the right place to post this but. My partner’s/ex partner’s(she wants to reconcile)  diagnosis was ‘borderline tendencies’? Has anyone come upon this before? Is this different than Bpd?
 If anyone can shed some light on this for me it is greatly appreciated, thank you
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

kells76
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2022, 09:53:16 PM »

Firsttimefather, did she tell you that she received that diagnosis? Or, did the diagnosing professional tell you directly?
Firsttimefather

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Dating living together pregnant

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 12:06:03 AM »

Thank you for responding, I’m a recent conversation she mentioned that the psychiatrist told her she had borderline tendencies, but never officially diagnosed her. She however owns up to the diagnosis and spoke about her last long term relationships and how those partners dealt with it.
 I do know what I’ve witnessed so far and I believe the diagnosis to definitely be accurate set against all the many, many stories I’ve read here but also the behaviors I have witnessed.
 We are doing well now but I see traces of ‘concern’ for lack of a better term. Reminders of that ‘character’ or ‘traits’.
 She has agreed to work on this with me and our relationship honestly has been better than ever. What I mean by that is we engage in more activities together. She makes a more active effort towards the relationship and checks in on me and my feelings more often. She is jealous and insecure, worried I’m ‘keeping someone on the back burner’ but it’s not rooted in reality. When we discussed this further she admitted it’s just her insecurities. I feel I see her trying and we are definitely more open with our communication.
 I still take it day by day: I try to focus on me as much as possible and feel really good about everything thus far. I don’t expect miracles, I know I can’t change anything regarding her or her diagnosis but I do know it’s there.
 Your question is something I considered and still do: I think she was diagnosed with it personally but she is very intelligent and knows the stigma it carries, however I do see other traits that seem to go against the grain of you will. There is empathy and history of long term relationships that ended in friendships. She does check in on me …
 I’m curious to hear more if your thoughts.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest