Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 06:43:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Divorced with OP against children fathers  (Read 424 times)
2minimen
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Dating

« on: June 01, 2022, 06:29:29 PM »

My ex-husband has BPD and it’s been 4 years since separating from him, and 1.5yrs with No-Contact order of protection. And I’m suffering PTSD from his abuse. I’m currently in a new relationship and he struggles with listening to me vent on the past. But also doesn’t like that I withhold feelings or sadness? We both have our individual therapist and looking for couples counseling.

I have twins from my ex w/BPD and they suffer from PTSD as well. Flashbacks have me angry more often than not. And with revelation from recent flashback… it’s impossible to think his choices were accidental suffering. He intentionally poisoned me for months and had me medically treated and diagnosed for a problem I didn’t have. When I left I got better and returned close to normal.

A large part of me knows he’s dangerous and will endanger and abuse other people but I don’t have enough evidence to have him arrested. I’ve tried.

Unfortunately he might be able to get supervised visitation and I think that would be more harmful than helpful. Im worried he’d attempt to hurt us again if given the opportunity.

Of all the violence and manipulation I haven’t retaliated against him (but wish I did). How do I let go of the anger and prevent future attacks?
BigOof

Relationship status: Never-ending divorce

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2022, 12:21:57 PM »

Excerpt
How do I let go of the anger?

He's winning when you're angry. Anger kills. Anger literally leads to heart disease and other life-threatening illnesses.

https://www.amazon.com/Anger-Kills-Seventeen-Strategies-Controlling/dp/0061097535

Do you have inflammation throughout your body?
EZEarache

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 03:38:37 PM »

Thank you for sharing 2minimen. Were you literally or figuratively poisoned for months?

He's winning when you're angry. Anger kills. Anger literally leads to heart disease and other life-threatening illnesses.

https://www.amazon.com/Anger-Kills-Seventeen-Strategies-Controlling/dp/0061097535

Do you have inflammation throughout your body?

This looks like a great book. I've been trying to get my therapist to recommend something like this for me, but he never has.
I Am Redeemed
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 10:32:42 AM »

It's absolutely normal for you to feel angry about what happened. Before you can let go of anger, you have to acknowledge it, allow yourself permission to feel it, and process it. Skipping those steps just leads to it being repressed.

I would suggest talking about the anger with your therapist and getting some help with how to process the anger. Is your therapist trained in trauma focused therapy?

Do your kids have a therapist? If so, you can discuss with their therapist your concerns about the effect that supervised visitation may have on the kids. It does feel scary to know you may not be able to prevent contact between the children and you and your abuser. However, supervised visitation should be designed so that the supervisor can step in if any instances of emotional or psychological abuse are evident. The visits should also be documented by the supervisor.

Having a good support system for you and the kids can help you build emotional resilience. I know I had to undergo EMDR therapy before I could stop having a panic attack at the thought of contact with my ex.

We are more than just our stories.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest