Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 02:06:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Geoffrey Setiawan: Online Reputation, Independent Review  (Read 41095 times)
SaltyDawg

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Moderately High Conflict Marriage (improving)

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2023, 02:38:16 PM »

The words I mentioned above, like “untethering,” aren’t established scientific principles. But to me (and thousands of others who are currently exploring that idea deeply), they are based on extremely sound premises that practically allow us to bridge the gap & allow us to understand this abstract topic of relationships a lot better.

It is helpful if common terms are used so there can be some common reference.  Let's start with the topic "untethering" as you mentioned it.  Here is Google Search AI summary on it:

Excerpt
Untethering means to free something from a tether, or to be not confined or restricted by a tether. Synonyms of untethering include: Unbound, Unrestrained, Untied, Unfastened.
Untethering can also refer to a surgery that untethers a tethered spinal cord.
 Tethered spinal cord syndrome (TSCS) appears to be caused by incorrect growth of the neural tube while the fetus is developing. It's related to the disorder called spina bifida. Symptoms include pain.
Untethering surgery is generally only performed if clinical signs or symptoms of deterioration are observed. There are several types of surgery, depending on the cause of the tethering and how much tissue is affected.
The standard open surgery for cord untethering consists of:
A multilevel laminectomy
Dural opening
Identification of the filum
Sectioning it
A minimally invasive technique for spinal cord untethering can provide the advantage of:
Reduced soft tissue injury
Less postoperative pain
Minimal blood loss
A smaller incision
A shorter hospitalization

Obviously that is not what you are alluding to, so I drilled down and added the word psychological to it, and here is the results:

Excerpt
Psychological untethering can mean different things:
Liberation: Untethering from the bondage of your psyche can lead to liberation.
Flexibility: Untethering your conscious self can increase your flexibility to adapt to challenges.
Resiliency: Untethering can manifest as a general resiliency between psychological threat and academic performance.
Emotional freedom: Untethering can mean finding emotional freedom by removing blockages.
Floating: Feeling untethered can mean feeling as though you are just floating through life.
Some books about psychological untethering include:
The Untethered Soul: Open Your Heart to Free Your Soul
Developing an Untethered Personality
Living Untethered: Beyond the Human Predicament

Well, that didn't work, so, let's try a different modifier 'emotional'

Excerpt
Emotional untethering can feel like an uncomfortable lightness, where you feel disconnected from yourself and others. It can be destabilizing and make it difficult to navigate your experience in the world.
Some reasons why you might feel emotionally untethered include: Emotional emptiness, Emotional detachment, Emotional numbness, Uncertainty, Alexithymia.
Emotional detachment can result from:
Trauma
Abuse
A previous encounter
Emotional numbness can be caused by: Depression, Anxiety, Stress, Stress hormones.
Alexithymia is a condition marked by a lack of feelings and an inability to express feelings.
Uncertainty can amplify feelings of untethering. As uncertainty grows, you may feel more and more discomfort.

It gives the definition of emotional detachment.  Change the search to "relationship untethered"

Excerpt
There are multiple matches for "relationship untethered", including:
The Untethered Relationship: Experience Your Unimaginable ...
Overview ... ​The Untethered Relationship is a compelling, thought-provoking guide to unleashing the inherent potential of our relationships. Author Chris Moon guides you through eight principles that upend traditional ways of thinking about relationships.

Barnes & Noble

The Untethered Soul: The Roadmap of My Personal Growth
Apr 18, 2022 — They will enter relationships to lessen the pain of their thorns, and work at jobs that promise them they will never have to confront those painful parts of themselves. But there is always another choice for what to do about these thorns: you can pull them out. You can look deep ...

Forte Labs

Untethered - Orca Book Publishers
During a teenage adventure abroad, twins Petal and Rose find their lives diverging in ways they could not have imagined, highlighting the complexities of their relationship and a shrouded family history.Free-spirited Rose becomes enraptured with the ultra-orthodox Jewish community, while Petal delays her schooling ...

Orca Book Publishers
The Untethered Relationship
A book by Chris Moon that offers a guide to unleashing the potential of relationships. The book offers eight principles that challenge traditional ways of thinking about relationships.
The Untethered Soul
A blog post that discusses entering relationships to lessen pain, and working at jobs that promise not to confront painful parts of oneself.
Untethered
A book by Orca Book Publishers that highlights the complexities of a relationship between twins Petal and Rose.

That lists a few books, so I bit the bullet and searched for 

"Geoffrey Setiawan untethered" (without quotation marks for a wider search)

Ironically the first non-video link that google provided was:

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=351906.0

this very thread - talk about a circular argument - oh the irony of it.

Excerpt
A circular argument is a logical fallacy where the conclusion of an argument repeats a premise. A circular argument is also known as circular reasoning or begging the question.
In a circular argument, the premise of the argument assumes the conclusion to be true. The premise is any reason or evidence that supports the argument's conclusion. For example, "our boss is the best person for the job because they were promoted to boss".
Here are some examples of circular arguments:
"George Bush is a good communicator because he speaks effectively"
"Wool sweaters are superior to nylon jackets as fall attire because wool sweaters have the higher wool content"
A circular argument restates the argument rather than actually proving it.

I've used a logical search pattern for 'untethered' in the context that you have given and cannot find anything reasonable, except possibly 'detachment'.  Being unable to find the information that you speak of, in written form, could you be so kind as to enlighten me in detail of the concept to which you speak?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Links and Information
CLINICAL INFORMATION
The Big Picture
5 Dimensions of Personality
BPD? How can I know?
Get Someone into Therapy
Treatment of BPD
Full Clinical Definition
Top 50 Questions