Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 07:23:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deep sense of disgust, horror, disbelief, shock  (Read 216 times)
NarcsEverywhere

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Living Together

« on: February 08, 2023, 06:01:49 AM »

Now that I'm not overly paranoid about my Dad. A lot of feelings are popping up, now that I can somewhat relax, after setting strong boundaries with my Dad and spending more time in my room. Just the fact that he's dismantled me, and hurt me, probably my Mom, my dogs, and such, all out of a need to control, power, getting glee out of hurting, degrading, and stealing my happiness, then being some rescuer.

I'm almost positive that he's a Covert Narcissist. I knew he had a lot of issues, I just never realized it was this bad. And I gotta be honest, he's been really good, at manipulating things, because he puts on this huge front all the time, that makes him seem like a caring, well intentioned person, then has a plethora of manipulation tactics, a lot of them subtle, that prod your anxieties, gaslight you, cross your boundaries, degrade you, hurt you deeply, and even a few times physical with me, when I was injured. It's like he's playing out this fantasy of being the good Samaritan, while doing pretty despicable things.

As I process things, and reassess the past. I feel this overwhelming sense of disgust and horror, along with anger, and sorrow, overwhelm me. I just can't believe he's like this. It's so disgusting, and so counter to who I thought he was, that it makes me want to puke. It makes me want to puke and horrifies me that he's caused so much damage to the people who tried to be most helpful and kind to him.

Anyone been through this before? And if so, does it pass? I feel so overwhelmed by it, that I wonder if I'm just ruminating too much, or something, or if this is all just a part of the process? Yuck, yuck, yuck, this is what I feel, yuck.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest