Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 01:41:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How would a child understand?
Shame, a Powerful, Painful and Potentially Dangerous Emotion
Was Part of Your Childhood Deprived by Emotional Incest?
Have Your Parents Put You at Risk for Psychopathology
Resentment: Maybe She Was Doing the...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It feels good to pretend with my Dad, but my gut knows  (Read 240 times)
NarcsEverywhere

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Living Together

« on: April 21, 2023, 05:58:55 AM »

Lately, I've felt tired of fighting with my Dad, and because I don't feel ready to kick him out, because of where I am at in life. I talked to him about trying to get along. Ha, he's up to his same tricks. It's been nice pretending to have a dad that won't mess with me, that cares enough to change, that cares enough to not take advantage, of feeling more and being myself more. Even though I've felt off, and nervous, and my gut kept telling me that he's not safe, I pretended. It felt good, and bad at the same time.

I keep telling life to lie to me, but my gut can feel it, when I am around him, it feels off after not too long. I can instinctively know he's messing with me, or crossing my boundary, or not listening, or invalidating me. I don't need tons of logic to know. There he is, taking advantage. Lie to me Dad, lie. I'll believe it for a bit, because it feels good, because it's too much to bare that you're like this, because it's too much to let you go all at once, because I feel scared, and most of all lonely, in my own home, lonely because of the agoraphobia, lonely because of the pain, and distrust, and all isolation that you helped create.

I knew better, and I chose to be victimized again, because it was a comfortable lie, that I needed to believe. I've gone no contact with a lot of people with personality disorders, and stood up to people, but I am humbled, that although I can be so strong, I am not God, I can't be strong always, it's too much of a burden to bare. I feel afraid, afraid of being courageous, afraid of changing, afraid of happiness, of losing my pets, as they are getting older, I feel afraid of the trauma and grief, but most of all, I think I am afraid of being alone, but too scared to really connect, as fully as I need, because trust is a scary thing for a person who's been burned as much as me.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest