Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 24, 2024, 01:56:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do women want anyways?  (Read 2585 times)
PDQuick
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Happily living with myself

Don't look outside for the answers within.

« on: June 04, 2007, 07:43:31 PM »

Oh, how original! Since we did it ladies, your turn. What is it that you want in a man? What is it that will bring you to your knees, and fall head over heals?

LAPDR
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Single - living on my own and like it

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 07:48:33 PM »

Where's the poll, where's the poll? PD you gotta keep the skinny up.  :Smiling (click to insert in post)

Letting go when it is too painful to hang on is hard to rationalize.

PDQuick
Retired Staff

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 07:51:53 PM »

What poll? Am I missing something here?

gambaru

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 07:59:59 PM »

More storage space.
Cyndi

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 08:03:40 PM »

OK, only fair,

I want a man who has character, integrity, Is loyal, hard working, has family values and some morals.  Just want to be treated with dignity and respect.  Be easy going, can admit when they are wrong, are able to discuss issues in a healthy way.

and one who can actually HEAR their wedding vows as they are saying them and understand just what they are vowing to do.

They could look like an ogre for all I care, if they have all the above, I'd take a bullit for that guy

guess maybe we should ask ages?  I am 47
Susan Peabody
Professional Member

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 08:16:32 PM »

At 58 I am not looking anymore . . . thank God I have finally found what I am looking for . . . while I was looking I was looking for all the wrong things. . . I had many lists .  . . all of them superficial and a description of what I THOUGHT would make me happy. It took me 40 years just to add "available" to the list. Your think that would be right at the top, but I am a torch bearer from way back. If I were to make a list of what I have found it would be . . . "available both physically and emotionally, a completment to my personality, someone who does not want me to change drastically but just wants me to smooth off the rouch edges; someone who thrills me every once in awhile; someone who does not have to change very much to please me; someone one I get along with; someone who brings out the best of my personality not the worst; someone who will try as hard as I do to committ to a lifetime together with all the ups and downs; someone who will work as hard as I do to keep the relationship happy, healthy and exciting.

I used to think I knew what kind of person would do all this for me, but the person I finally met was a COMPLETE SURPRISE. The package was not what I expected. It is only in hindsight that I know what I should have been looking for because I FOUND IT.

I am a spiritual person. I finally brought God into the picture when it came to choosing my partner in my forties. In my fifties I gave up. The unopened marital package arrived when I was 56. When it was a sure thing I confided to my therapist that I had been looking for true love all of my life . . . that I had finally found it . . . and that it was every thing I had hoped for.

Happily married at last . . .

Susan Peabody

This website is designed to support, not to replace, the relationship between patient and their physician.
Cyndi

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 08:23:51 PM »

don't mean to jack the thread...

but Susan, I just wanted to tell you how much your post meant to me..

I have been going through the last few weeks whining...

about how old I am now

about he was my last chance at love

about he was the best I could get at my age...

how everybody at my age is happily married

there are no NICE men out there anymore

reading your post, I feel hopeful again...thanks Susan

Maybe when I stop looking, I will find it?

sorry PD... back to your question,,,,,,,

MGMom

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 08:36:22 PM »

Since I think that is a picture of George Strait you have under your name, I thought I'd share this story.  Although I am happily married to someone else, the smoothest thing a guy ever did was learn to play and sing a George Strait song I had casually mentioned I liked.  We were in college, and we were driving down the road.  "You Look So Good in Love" came on the radio.  I told him that it was a corny song, but it gave me chill bumps when George starts talking in the middle of the song.   A couple of weeks passed, and we were hanging out with a bunch of his buddies playing guitar and "chilling."  He played guitar, but he played a completely different style of music.  Anyway, he goes, "I've been working on this one a while.  What do you guys think of it?  Then, he proceeds to play and sing my song. Needless to say, I told his friends that it had been fun but they needed to go home right then. LOL

So, I guess women want a man who make us feel as if they are wooing us.   
csandra

Relationship status: divorced since 11/07, separated since 12/05

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 09:01:31 PM »

I know this will be off the wall because I am barely imagining having another man in my life(though I now believe that it WILL happen). 

Anyway, I am looking for a good step father for my kids.  I want someone who will love and appreciate my kids almost as much as I do.  And the good thing is that they are practically "done" so no great effort will be required.  Who ever gets me, gets the whole package and my kids have to give full approval. 

So, I have to have someone who will talk in full sentences.  Someone with sense of humor and will help me to not take myself so seriously.  I HAVE to be with someone who will at least consider travel, going places.  I love to plan trips...doesn't have to be far.  I don't camp, but then maybe it will seem more appealing when I get these 30 staples removed from my abdomen. 

They have to tolerate my extended family in small doses(mom and dad likely NPD/BPD but in a usually pleasant sort of way).  It would be a bonus if we shared same faith, maybe church involvement(but I am quite gun shy on this one, right now).

The man I become involved with MUST like what he does for a living or at least have something that he DOES like and take pride in.  Reminds me of a list I wrote a while back.  I really don't want to deal with anyone's exwife, nor do I want to rehabilitate children. 

Right now, or at least when I am finally NOT married...I'd just like to go out to dinner once in a while, watch dvds, talk on the phone, that kind of stuff. Anything more is just too scary.

MGMom...Wow...goosebumps and all that.
Peace4us
Retired Staff

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 09:36:43 PM »

What do women want, we want it all, LOL

Ok for real here are my abc's

aware, balanced, caring, demonstrative, emotionally secure, financially responsible, generous of spirit, humble, intelligent, just, kind, loving, mature, neat, open, partnership  material, quick witted, resourceful, sensitive, talkative, uncomplicated, vivacious, wise, xxx  :evil:, young at heart, zest for life.

Someone who allows us to be us and challenges us to know how good us really is.

Peace4us

There are two ways of spreading light, be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. E. Warton

turtle
Retired Staff

Relationship status: I am happily single -- live alone and love it.

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 09:39:03 PM »

My T recently told me that a good marriage really boils down to 3 things.

respect

responsibility

and fun to be around

There's quite a bit to be said when defining all 3 of those things, but I think she's right.

Turtle

Ave Marina

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 09:50:59 PM »

First of all, someone that isn't a BP. That's for openers. Actually my SO has the potential to be everything I want if only Mr. Hyde would take a hike. Someone that likes sushi, and enjoys a variety of foods. My SO hates cheese, so that limits a lot of foods that I fix. He hates seafood, which I love. I would enjoy eating a gourmet meal (which is lost on him)over candlelight with a fine wine. The wine is out because he is an alcoholic. Long romantic walks on the beach. We are limited here, because he is disabled. Hopefully that will change in the near future. I would love to go dancing. No can do, here again, the disability. He used to buy me flowers. Then I ended up buying them for myself. I would like to be put on a pedestal and left there. He puts me on a pedestal, and then shoves me off when Mr. Hyde shows up. One day I'm his queen, and the next I could be the bride of dracula in his eyes. He never tells me I'm beautiful as much anymore. I have a few pounds, and he hints that I need to be a little thinner. The sex life has been put on the back burner. There are never any sexual inuendos. It's as if we are brother and sister in that respect. That too is getting a little old. All of this he blames on his physical problems. Me thinks, he had trouble in that area even before I came along and before his physical problems set in. Most important would be if he would find God. He is so bitter in this way. I go to church daily and am so envious of the couples walking into church holding hands. How wonderful if we could worship together. He doesn't miss a time where he has to give me a jab about my religious beliefs. I would like someone who didn't sleep until noon. Someone who wasn't so self centered and so self absorbed. OK I'm so over it with him. Anyway this is my wish list.

Ave
LAPDR
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Single - living on my own and like it

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 09:53:09 PM »

Turtle;

I hope that 'fun to be around' has all the etcetera, etcetera, etcetera with it.  Smiling (click to insert in post)

LA

Letting go when it is too painful to hang on is hard to rationalize.

NHBeachBum

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 09:55:14 PM »

Shoes...lots & lots of shoes. And a walk in closet to put them all in.

turtle
Retired Staff

Relationship status: I am happily single -- live alone and love it.

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 09:56:13 PM »

Lapdr --- like I said -- there's lots of definition building that goes into that criteria.  I believe in etcetera, etcetera, etcetera --- but maybe etcetera, etcetera, etcetera means something different to you than it does to me    Who knows?  Back to the Katherine Hepburn quote.

Yes, NHBeachBum --- that's good for openers.

Turt

Moving On

Relationship status: Divorced, 19.9 years married, boys stay home, ex and I alternate weeks with them.

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 10:23:06 PM »

Another thread hijack (sorry).  But csandra - the traveling thing is funny.  The Terminatrix is SO difficult to travel with, that the idea of travel is going to take me a while to get used to once I'm "out".  The word "Vacation" sends chills up and down my spine - I'd rather stay at work sometimes.

Back the the thread...
NewLifeforHGG
Retired Staff

Relationship status: separated

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 01:48:18 AM »

I want a man that is thoughtful, open minded, sincere, genuine, sensitive, spontaneous, willing to have an adventure, MUST have a sense of humor, likes to laugh, curious about life, loves the ahem physical side of relationships, is able to talk things through, loyal and will adore my child and cats. I want him to be ok with me having my space. He won't belittle my interests. I don't expect to agree about everything but disagreements should be handled with respect.

He must have some morals and values that coincide with mine mostly.

Good hygiene and reasonable cleanliness would be a necessary.

Able to be intimate.

Has a positive attitude.

PDQuick
Retired Staff

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 04:35:31 AM »

Tee hee hee hee, Peace said Quick Witted! LOL!

badlux

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 05:44:09 AM »

A recovered Non.  That's what I want and exactly what I ended up with.  My husband is a recovering Non, which means he has everyone of those wonderful qualities that makes a non a non, but he is also a recovering non. That means he has all his boundaries in place and does everything he can to keep the chaos of the exBPD at a distance from our lives. 

What made him a non are all such wonderful qualities, but just wasted on a BPD.
elphaba
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced (thankfully) and NC with EX - single and probably staying that way for a while

No good deed goes unpunished....

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2007, 06:32:56 AM »

Fair is fair PD...

I think for the most part I truly agree with Peace's abcs...yes, including the quick witted one!   

Excerpt
Someone who allows us to be us and challenges us to know how good us really is.

I had at one point in the process of deciding stay/leave written down the qualities I wanted in a partner and happen to have them handy... romantic, compassionate, attentive, fun!, supportive, tender, positive outlook, humor, affectionate, HONEST, creative, passionate, respectful, responsible and NOT mentally ill!

Now is that too much to ask?

TonyC
Distinguished Member

Relationship status: single

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2007, 07:21:32 AM »

people are so worried about age... , i will never love again...he /she was my last chance, i will sit home and watch tv till my time comes

open your eyes!

open your minds!

we are some of most sincere and caring people around...

meeting someone and falling in love...is never something to be written off...

tony

Cyndi

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2007, 07:23:01 AM »

Hey, Tony,

May I ask how old you are?
TonyC
Distinguished Member

Relationship status: single

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2007, 09:35:57 AM »

Moving On

Relationship status: Divorced, 19.9 years married, boys stay home, ex and I alternate weeks with them.

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2007, 10:31:39 AM »

Lordy, I think we could start a mid-to-late 40's club here.
Felicity

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2007, 10:58:05 AM »

All BPD baggage aside, here is what attracts me to a guy:

Initial attraction: Looks, smile, height, and job.  A guy who has a career is more attractive than a guy who is just working to pay the bills.  No job = no attraction.  A guy who is good with his hands is VERY attractive (mechanics, carpenter that kind of thing).  I like a guy who can fix stuff. 

What keeps me attracted:  Personality, respect, not too demanding.  I like a guy who is very good at something (sports, computers, drawing etc).  It doesn't really matter what it is, just that he excels at something and is an expert.  I guess I like guys that have direction in their lives.
NHBeachBum

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2007, 11:55:31 AM »

Tee hee hee hee, Peace said Quick Witted! LOL!

I thought Peace said ":)im Witted". DARN! For a second I thought she was talking about me. Oops - that would have been my exBPODgf!

-NHBB
csandra

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2007, 12:06:45 PM »

Oh yeah.  Not to sound too sexist, but I find the whole "ladder" thing quite appealing.  Not only would I be attracted to someone who  can fix things, but someone who LIKES to fix things.  I like to make stuff, do things. 

My uNPDstbx and I wallpapered most of house after removing  7 layers...we found working electrical wall sconces and 2 arches that we didn't know existed.  He really didn't mind and we liked doing that kind of stuff together.  Why couldn't my husband just have gone back to the original , nice version ?  Guess I will be looking for some consistency next time.
JoannaK
DSA Recipient
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married to long-term 9-year partner (also a non)

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2007, 01:00:59 PM »

O.K., I haven't read through this whole thread, which is probably for the best.

I started dating again as my exh and I were separating over 5 years ago now.  I was 50.  I got more discerning every month, and perhaps, if I hadn't hooked up with my bf after a half year or so, I might have been even more discerning. 

But this is what I was looking for:

1.  Age range between mid 40's up to about 60.  (No absolute cutoff for too young or too old.)  The two men that I most clicked with were 45 and 49 (my boyfriend.)

2.  Location...  Initially I talked to a few long distance people, but after a couple of meetings, I realized that this wasn't going to work.  I wanted a person that I was able to see (if the relationship was going to go forward) on a regular basis, meaning at least one or two nights a week, and that wasn't going to happen with someone who lived cross-country or even 3-4 hours away.  So I decided to limit my search to people living within an hour's ride.

3.  Reasonably physically attractive...   Sorry, I'm human.  No tattooed muscle men types, taller (at least 4-5 inches taller than me, and I'm about 5'5".  No repulsive physical traits.

4.  Should appear to be emotionally available, which meant no longer living with or pining about a former wife or gf.  If the man spent too much time talking about an ex, he was history.   

5.  No little kids; that is, kids younger than 11 or 12.  My son was 14; I had just finished teaching, and I  no longer had energy to deal with little kids, plus I didn't want to get involved with the whole meddling mom thing.  

6.  The guy absolutely needed to work, and he needed to have a decent reasonably well-paying job which he liked...  He had to like his job and be happy with his work.  Now by reasonably well-paying, I wasn't specifying a 6-digit income, but the guy had to be able to pay his bills (whatever they happened to be) and live reasonably comfortably, not a big house or mansion, but at least a decent apartment that had some decent furniture in it.  Oh yes, he had to have a working car.  Yeah, I lived in the city and plenty of people in the city don't have cars, but, really...  How can you go anywhere without a decent car?    

7.  As we are talking about middle-aged guys here, I was hoping to find someone who was reasonably healthy.  I will say that almost every man I met spent quite a bit of time telling me about his recent illnesses and his current illnesses.  Being recently ill wasn't a deal-breaker, but the person needed to be... well, reasonably robust. 

8.  He had to be bright and reasonably articulate.  As I was initially meeting people on line, I must confess that spelling and grammar were important to me.  I couldn't feel a lot of interest in someone who couldn't spell or put together an intelligent paragraph.  (Sorry, this is me.)  Degrees and formal education weren't as important as just being bright, well-informed, and literate.

9.  No current drugs or drinking problems.  (Recovering people were fine, as long as they were really recovering and had been for awhile.)  I preferred someone who didn't smoke, but that wasn't a deal breaker for me.

10.  As much as I could discern, basic sexual compatibility, in the sense that men who claimed to be bi, or who wanted open relationships, who wanted a woman who would get it on with another woman; men who wanted to be tied up and whipped, well, I was just not going to be happy in that kind of situation.

11.  Anyone who was drunk on the first dates, or had several drinks and then drove, was history, as was anyone who seemed argumentative or who appeared to have an out of control temper.  Anyone with a known criminal record (unless it was for something stupid when he was a kid) was going to be gone quickly. 

12.  Guys who talked about going to strip clubs or talked about their relationships with hookers were going to be short-timers as well.

13.  Men who were too pushy, too possessive, who seemed to want to hang onto me were not going to work.

Those were the more superficial things...  Now onto the meat:

1.  Honesty.  (Don't lie, especially right off the bat.)

2.  Consistency.  (Call when you say you will call; be online when you say you will be.  Don't drop out of sight for weeks and then expect me to still be interested.) 

3.  Faithfulness.  (Exclusivity...  Don't have a lot of women that you are dating, yet expect sex early on.) 

4.  A warm, positive attitude towards life, compassionate.

5.  No arrogant narcissistic s.o.b's need apply.    

6.  Responsible... in work, in relationships.

7.  Fairly conservative with money...  Do not live outside of his means or run up credit cards.

8.  Didn't have a negative opinion on marriage, as I actually like being married and wanted to marry again.. some day. 

Now, the big key, of course, is that you have no idea if anyone is going to actually live up to these standards...  Until you've known them for awhile.  People lie or misrepresent themselves all that time.  People's perceptions of who they are may not be in accord with who they actually are, 

So my superficial weeding out (drunks and men who talked about an ex, for instance) was just that ...  superficial.  You simply couldn't tell what the man was going to be like unless you were with him fairly consistently for a while... and, even then, things might change.

ravenstar

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2007, 05:30:39 PM »

Good Question

I have to be honest...I don't seem to have done too good in the "picking a man" area

LOL

But I would say honesty is the most important trait to me. And now that I am eeek! 42...there are some basics I know.

A career...anyone at my age who doesn't have a career has issues.

A car...men riding bikes with a case of beer on the handlebars..just wrong.

A home...I have had enough momma's boys, it's ALWAYS a bad thing

Since I have a career I would like someone who did their share of the housework, and childcare...and I mean more than just vacumming once a week.

Sense of humour...essential. I'm a bit kooky and I love really bad horror movies and puns.

Sense of social justice...someone who cares about more than just his little corner of the world.

Confidence

Someone with outside interests...someone who likes to read would be a bonus. I value knowledge and intelligence.

Someone who is empathetic and sensitive to others.

Somone who doesn't need to be babysat. I like my alone time.

Faithful..I've never cheated, and I wouldn't tolerate it in a committed relationship.

Someone who takes care of themselves..fit and reasonably health conscious

non-drinker or drug user (this is a given for me being in recovery myself)

Someone positive..who can be silly and have fun.

Spiritual...but not "religious"

oh..I can't handle televised sports, wrestling, monster trucks or Jerry Springer

Open-minded

dependable

responsible

generous and gracious (manners mean a lot)

I'm picky...and I'd rather be alone than settle again

But I'm not looking...just enjoying my time alone. I've come to a point where I think I've finally given up the fantasy of the whole "soulmate", "knight in shining armour", "love at first sight", "meant for each other" stuff. Maybe I've lost my ability to "fall" in love. I don't think I really believe in those things anymore. What I want now is a really good friend, partner and companion who is also a lover. It's not very romantic..more a comfortable thing. Maybe it's age..maybe it's wisdom..or maybe just cynicism, but that is how I feel now. And I think it's probably more realistic.

I've already decided that even if I meet someone I never want to live with anyone again, much less get married.

Thanks for letting me share

Ravenstar

Sapphire

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2007, 05:48:46 PM »

You forgot to mention the matching purses that go along w/ all the shoes! Smiling (click to insert in post)

~S~

carolt0604

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2007, 05:54:36 PM »

I want a man that will be a true friend.  Who really wants to get to know me and understand me.  And a good sense of humor is very important.
Sapphire

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2007, 05:56:43 PM »

Joanna, you described almost everything I would have said (and saved ME a lot of time in the process!). You ain't a Virgo, are you? Smiling (click to insert in post)

~S~

P.S. I found what I wanted...in Ace! (but it sure as hell took long enough!) Smiling (click to insert in post)

JoannaK
DSA Recipient
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married to long-term 9-year partner (also a non)

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2007, 06:32:10 PM »

I must confess, sapphire, I am a Virgo!  (Though you'd never know it if you looked at my house!)

NHBeachBum

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2007, 07:43:20 PM »

You forgot to mention the matching purses that go along w/ all the shoes! Smiling (click to insert in post)

~S~

Ugh! Give an inch & ya take a mile! Just can't help but accessorize, eh? 

Fine...shoes AND purses (matching of course)!

-NHBB
MGMom

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2007, 07:56:25 PM »

I must confess, sapphire, I am a Virgo!  (Though you'd never know it if you looked at my house!)

I am a Virgo, too.   Smiling (click to insert in post) I wanted and have a man who tells me I am beautiful every day.  I think that is so important.  As silly as it sounds, as long as he keeps telling me, I still feel good about myself.   I go to the pool feeling like I am still a hot mama until a little size two teeny bopper perches herself and her micro bikini beside me and brings me back to Earth.  LOL  But, in the end, I see myself through his eyes, which is so good. 
makeitstop5

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2007, 08:06:09 PM »

I can't speak for all women, but at my age (40), and after two marriages...

I want the simple things in life...to watch my kids activities and see them happy I'm there.  To enjoy family around me at a gathering, sharing memories and stories.  To take pride in a job well done, whether it's cleaning the house or making a new client happy.

What I want in a man is someone who will love the simple things as well...what's going to Europe if you're not happy in your own home, neighbourhood and life.  I want a man who will listen to me...I'm not hard to please and there's been so few expressions of appreciation towards me in my life for the past few years, a little would go a very long way Smiling (click to insert in post)

I guess women just want to be loved for the people they are :-*
PDQuick
Retired Staff

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2007, 08:14:28 PM »

MGM, and all of you ladies, and yes, this includes you JK, I think all of you, each and every one , are beautiful. Just my opinion.

MGMom

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2007, 08:28:53 PM »

MGM, and all of you ladies, and yes, this includes you JK, I think all of you, each and every one , are beautiful. Just my opinion.

awww!  You are a keeper, PDQuick!  and a charmer!

Ave Marina

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2007, 08:32:06 PM »

Quick,

You don't happen to have an older brother a single daddy or uncle do you? Or grandpa even. You are such a peach.

Ave
PDQuick
Retired Staff

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2007, 08:43:47 PM »

I dont know why you guys are saying all of that, I only speak the truth. Each one of you has an internal beauty. I have never seen you all in person. But, as far as your hearts go, I can mostly read a thread and tell who it is without even looking. I get confused between NHBB and Jewls sometimes, but hey, everyone has a hangup! Smiling (click to insert in post) But seriously, the only thing that I am able to notice here, is what kind, gentle, loving people you all are. I am proud to have gotten to know each and every one of you. You all have helped me, and taught me alot. I have taken something away from everyone here. It is a humbling experience being surrounded by such warmth and grace.

Cyndi

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2007, 08:46:49 PM »

OK, so that's what women want PD, a man who can appreciate them for what is on the inside.  No matter how much beauty fades over time, he is able to see inside

I guess most women are looking for a guy like you PD!
Ave Marina

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2007, 08:52:26 PM »

Your Mamma raised you well. An older version of you would be just the ticket for me. I truly hope that you will find Ms. Right some day. What a luck lady she will be. Thank you for making us all feel so special.

(((((((((((Quick))))))))))))))

Ave
PDQuick
Retired Staff

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2007, 08:57:00 PM »

Again, I didnt do it, I just pointed it back out to you all. It is the beauty within you... and if you didnt have it in you, I would not see it, so thank you, for making my vision so easy.

Cyndi

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2007, 09:02:55 PM »

QUICK!

somebody grab PD so we can clone him,

I get the first copy!
PDQuick
Retired Staff

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2007, 09:05:18 PM »

You guys are so silly tonight. LOL, pass the tequilla!

Cyndi

« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2007, 09:07:26 PM »

and he's modest too!

You are indeed one of a kind PD
PDQuick
Retired Staff

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2007, 09:10:09 PM »

It is so funny, ever since I hit the post button on my last post, I have been hearing JK in my mind saying, PDQ, you just started your Lexapro, and you arent supposed to drink. LOL! JK is now my conscience!

Cyndi, you are one of a kind. Are you flirting with me? LOL! (Hiding JK's eyes)

Cyndi

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2007, 09:12:03 PM »

All the women are flirting with you!

How can we not?
PDQuick
Retired Staff

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2007, 09:14:50 PM »

Its the George Strait avitar, isnt it?

MGMom

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2007, 09:17:01 PM »

Its the George Strait avitar, isnt it?

No, but it is the country boy charm!  You don't need George.  You have that yourself. 
Ave Marina

« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2007, 09:19:02 PM »

Yes it could be the George Strait Avatar, but your handsomeness shines through, sweet thang! Your presence here tonight has been a breath of fresh air after a most hellacious day at work.

Ave
PDQuick
Retired Staff

« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2007, 09:21:07 PM »

Well, Illlll beeeee doggy. Yall ladies are just the thang I was a needin too! Sure is good for a guys good feelin parts to be tangled up with all you purdy lil thangs! LOL! :-* Smiling (click to insert in post)

Silas Pseudonym
Formerly Second Chance, gypsymoth

Relationship status: Married to an NPD Limey Bastard for 25 years, divorced in '07

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2007, 09:29:19 PM »

Hi PD,

This post has been on my radar since you posted it & I hate to let it pass without an answer...it's rough...thinking I found that person & finding myself mistaken.

Before I married the estranged I had a list, don't really remember all of it, but a good skier (read Olympic B team) was one.  I know now that was wrong, even to the height...geez Joanna if I wanted 5 inches taller, I'd have to stick to NBA!  Shorter is ok if the rest is there.

What would that be?  Understanding what I come from, an understanding of the choices, compromises (more with myself, since he never heard the word!), it takes to raise a family in the face of such adversity & to respect me for that choice.  My children were important, & his better be too!

What I need is a man who has nothing better to do than be with me.  Someone fascinated & fascinating...a man who can hold me & tell me he'll never let me go.  And mean it!

I do believe he's out there too.

Silas

PS PD With wellbutrin, they tell you not to quit drinking...
Oy-vey!

« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2007, 11:53:37 PM »

Stuff I want...

• Emotional availability.  Which is not the same as emotionally needy.

• Sense of humor.  I will laugh at just about anything, except for really inappropriate jokes which smack of ignorance.

• Animal lover.  My two dogs.  His animals.  I can't do cats though.

• Likes to travel and explore.  Isn't afraid of NYC or the wilds of Kansas or anywhere else that strikes our fancy.

• Lives within their means.  I don't like fiscal irresponsibility - carrying credit card debt or other debt just to afford a lifestyle is completely irresponsible.

• Is interested in improving the world in some way.  I want someone who cares about the world we live in as much as I do.

• Is supportive of me & my interests.  Doesn't mind occasionally attending a performance or tennis match or office get-together.

• Loves me.

My other list includes:

• Wears boxer shorts

• Doesn't mind going to the opera occasionally

• Won't cringe when I listen to Livin', Love 'em, and Leave 'em songs

• Isn't too stuck up to shop at Goodwill.

Smiling (click to insert in post) Smiling (click to insert in post) Smiling (click to insert in post) Smiling (click to insert in post)
Sapphire

« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2007, 11:56:38 PM »

I must confess, sapphire, I am a Virgo!
Sapphire

« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2007, 11:58:51 PM »

As I was saying...

That's just way too funny, Joanna! I should have known, considering how detailed you are!

~S~

Yes, I'M a Virgo, too!

Ave Marina

« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2007, 11:58:53 PM »

Oy Vey,

Your last comment hit home. I love browsing the thrift shops. My fave in my area is the Salvation Army Store. I plunder in there at least once or twice a week. I'm also not beneath ":)umpster Divng" on occasion. I  live in a complex  that has several dumpsters. I've found many a treasure in there. I'm not too proud. Off the subject, just wanted to let you know that I enjoy this passtime as well.

Ave
csandra

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2007, 12:04:38 AM »

Ok...this is off topic.  But i wore this skirt today and EVERYTIME I wear it, someone compliments me.  I got it for $5. at Valu Village, on a whim, when I was looking for orchestra skirt for dau.  It's long, full, black and brown and has beads all over the bottom 1/3.  If you look close, it looks awful as the beads are coming off, lots of lose threads and even a few holes.  But I mean, you have to be looking to find them. It's my lucky skirt, seen me through many a bad hair day.
Oy-vey!

« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2007, 12:05:37 AM »

Ave,

I nave never been above dumpster diving.  My car knows to make sharp turns into alley ways when I see a good prospect.  

I was on the phone with P tonight talking about getting stuff for his place.  I made some suggestions about places to go for furniture when he responded - "THERE ARE GARAGE SALES TOMORROW MORNING."  Oh baby oh baby.  

(P's sister made this comment after my mother died (a few years after their mother died).  Our mothers were best friends in life...  "Our moms are in heaven driving around in their old station wagon going to every garage sale they can find."

Sapphire

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2007, 12:05:57 AM »

Ugh! Give an inch & ya take a mile! Just can't help but accessorize, eh?
Sapphire

« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2007, 12:09:21 AM »

UGH! The quote thing just does not want to work for me tonight! As I was saying (AGAIN!)...

NHBB, nope! Us Virgo always have to 'match'. Just ask Joanna - she'll tell ya! Smiling (click to insert in post)

~S~

Ave Marina

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2007, 12:09:41 AM »

Funny, my SO has a cane. Sometimes I see a real find in the dumpster,and it's just out of my grasp. I will get the cane and hook it and reel it out. I'm sure that a few folks see me do this and wonder what kind of a nut that I am.

Ave
lennic

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2007, 06:20:46 AM »

One persons trash is anothers treasure...

Thanks Ladies for the education...

Lenny
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest