Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 06:55:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attitude Check  (Read 2207 times)
PDQuick
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Happily living with myself

Don't look outside for the answers within.

« on: June 21, 2007, 01:50:14 PM »

This morning I woke up bummed out of my head. I know I am depressed, and I know I will have bad days, after all, life hasnt been a box of chocolates so far. But, it isnt anything that I havent been able to handle. Nothing has happened so far in my life that it has eaten me, or stolen my birthday. These things I realize.

So to this morning, feeling lower than I have in a long time, I started thinking of guess who! Guess who I called? Guess who I had some very displeasing conversations with. Ah, youre probably right. HER. She, of course, was spewing out all kinds of BS to include the little snippet that what happened last week, never happened. It is all my warped mind. I am a sick little man, and I need to get help. Imagine that.

So, I fell deep down the proverbial hole again. And then I caught myself. This is me, comiserating with myself. I am the problem here. I felt down, and who did I turn to in my desperation thinking that maybe, just maybe, she would help? I told her that I was down and what did she do? Well, she kicked me in my teeth, stomped on my soul, and left me bleeding on the side of the shore. Wow, now did I really expect any different? Did her little escapade work? Your darn right it did. I felt lower than hell. When will I ever learn?

What in the hell is going on in my brain to think to call her in my hour of need? Is it that I like being hurt over and over again? Did I expect a different outcome this time around? Or am I just doing this out of habit? This battle in my brain has to stop. I am downright ashamed of what happened last week, and ashamed of even wanting to call her, much less actually doing it. I dont want her back, I dont want to be with her, but still, in my darkest hour, I reach out to her. I have really good friends here, and in my life, and you guys understand the dynamics of all of this. Why not turn to you guys instead?

It has got to be the whole woa is me thing. I guess I want her to feel my pain. I want her to feel sorry for her actions. I want to get her to see herself in the true light. I guess Im still hooked a little. I havent given up on her totally yet. I still care somewhat, and I dont need to. I need to see that she is poison. My heart needs to realize that she is toxic, and self serving, and that there isnt any room in her heart, or mind, for anyone but herself. I am crazy talking myself right into her little game. I am leading myself astray with these little episodes. I need to own that I dont want her, or have anything to do with her, even when Im down. Especially when Im down. I wont get any satisfaction from her, I wont get any closure from her, hell, I wont even get an honest feeling, or recollection from her. The only thing I will ever get out of any conversation, or meeting is hurt, hell, fire and confusion. This I know to be true. Anything else I get from her that seems to be good will only lead to more of the same hell.

You wanted me to be honest, so there.

elphaba
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced (thankfully) and NC with EX - single and probably staying that way for a while

No good deed goes unpunished....

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 02:02:29 PM »

DAMN you PD...what were you thinking?

DAMN!

Ok, I'm done...mostly because I do understand where you are coming from...I've been really down for a few days and finding it very difficult to get myself out of this stupid funk I am in.  The lonliness and temptation to reach out to someone that I once considered my best friend has been hard to resist, especially when he is in re-engagement (wants to be my friend) mode...it is so hard, the lonliness is really hard to take some days.

You (WE) do have really good friends here, friends who will be there for you, who will understand and who will kick your a$$ if it needs kicking!

Felicity

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 02:04:21 PM »

(((PDQ)))

I do a similar thing when I'm down.  I turn to my past journals or read up on BPD etc.  It's like I have to find a reason to feel depressed.  

My thought process seems to be this:

-I feel depressed, yet I don't have a tangible reason to feel this way

-I go back to the most depressing, stressful moment in my life (life with King Chaos)

-I dwell on him in order to have an explanation for my feelings.

That's my theory anyway.

Hang in there.  I know days like these are hard.  
PDQuick
Retired Staff

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 02:07:23 PM »

It is noones fault but my own. I did this to me. I picked up the phone countless times today and dialed her number. And the stupid thing about it is, I know better. I know what happens. It is almost like I want to feel horrible. I dont. But like you said Felicity, If I feel horrible, I call her, almost like giving me a reason to feel the way I feel. But it is unacceptable behavior. Hell, I cant even listen to myself. WTH?

garyw
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 02:11:24 PM »

Have you ever played the board game Parcheesi ?

Your post reminded me of that game. It's one where you can get almost home and get bumbed right back to the beggining. Many a time that game and it's contents went flying across the room. You get so close just to get bumbed back to sqaure one again.

Left untreated she is a Parcheesi board set to bump you back home each and every time you play. There will be no winning for any of the players who decide to play.
Felicity

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 02:15:24 PM »

Don't beat yourself up over calling.  That's just adding fuel to the flames and you don't deserve it. 

When you think about it, it's human nature not to listen to yourself.  That's why we overeat, drive too fast, drink too much, watch too much tv, surf the net too long and call our BPD ex's.  We know it's bad for us, but we do it anyway.  The best thing to do is recognize when you feel this way and take steps to avoid the behavior...next time.  This time, forgive yourself. 
PDQuick
Retired Staff

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 02:24:01 PM »

Gary, the most ridiculous thing about it is, I want out, I want to be rid of her. I have all the power to do that, and I undermine myself. I am giving this crap to her to hit me in the head with. I am my own worst enemy here. I am doing this, not her. I know how she acts, and I am going back in it to let her jab at me again. Its like I dont want to be hit, but Im standing in front of a boxer calling him an ∂ƒ∫∆˚, then sticking out my chin. Im so darn stupid. Duh, my name is PDQ, I want out, but uh, duh, not really, I like uh, duh er-um uh, being beat down.

Its not like this is my first rodeo here. Ive been around the block. I know these hallways. I know the outcome before it comes out. Who am I to think that Im so special as to find the words to get it right the next time? Who am I to think that I am so special, that maybe my story will be different? Im noone special in these circumstances. Im not a god in the NPD/BPD world. I dont have any special power to transform the twisted mind. All I am is a guy who knows better, and has a big open wound on his head from bashing into the wall yet once again. One would think I would learn by now, but oh no, my head seems to be harder than that.

PDQuick
Retired Staff

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 02:26:19 PM »

Felicity, I am mad, so please dont take this personally. I do appreciete your words, but I have forgiven myself one time too many. I need to get mad at myself. I need this, I owe it to myself. I cant seem to learn amicably, I have to get just pissed I guess. Im there now.

GawgaGirl

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 02:39:17 PM »

PDQ ~

Yep.  Did the SAME thing myself yesterday.  Only in text though because she will NOT answer my calls.

Yet, she WILL text back and forth ALL day/night long. 

I know the outcome too.  I know the 'drill'.  Yet, I did it anyway. 

It's ALMOST like I can't stop myself.  I can't figure THAT part out yet.  Working on WHY when I KNOW ...do I continue to want the 'contact'.   ?
garyw
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 02:43:28 PM »

I think many times here it's thought that if we say even, ":)amn...just darn..I guess I do still care here a little bit!"  that it will be looked on as a sign of weakness or no progress.

If I'm wrong about that in your case then ok but if I'm right  then just forget all that crap because there isn't a darn thing wrong about the time that we still care reguardless of how silliy it may seem to care.

I can only look at myself and Cathy and knowing I just don't care anymore...she would never pop into my mind as someone to call for any kind of answeres about anything.

Maybe just examine the possibility that ya just still care. there is nothing wrong with that if you do. If so there are tools to use to still care while creating the distance needed to get well.

if I'm way off base then we will just punt and see where that lands
Jewls

Relationship status: Married 21 years (separated 2).

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 02:53:23 PM »

Damn, Mr. Quick!  (didn't elph say that, too?)

Get your head out of your ass and move forward.  Go on vacation.  Do something different to get your mind off the old life.

You're addicted to this woman.  You know how toxic she is, but you can't help it.  I know there are some people here that consider the AA 12-step program helpful for any addiction.  Think about looking into that or something close.

STOP IT!

I mean this with all the love I have for you, PDQ.

Jewls

spamlady
formerly istayed, planB

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 03:00:09 PM »

I guess I want her to feel my pain.

I want her to feel sorry for her actions.

I want to get her to see herself in the true light.

PD, you still want her to get it. You want her to understand what she's done...to you, to your relationship. You want her to acknowledge her part.

Why? Because it would make you feel better--maybe give you "closure." But PD, it ain't gonna happen. All this stuff is just more of you trying to "fix" her. Because, as you say, you're still "hooked" to some degree.

If she could see and understand and acknowledge all this stuff, she would be able to stop her BPD behaviors. But she won't, so she can't. Or she can't, so she won't. It doesn't matter. It just ain't gonna happen.

So go ahead and be pissed if it helps. You still have expectations of her that she is unable/unwilling to meet. You've let go of her, but you still need to let go of the expectations.

spam
Jewls

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 03:02:24 PM »

GREAT input, spammy.

It won't happen, PDQ.  I tried for 22 years.  It just doesn't happen.

It's about you now.

Jewls

Felicity

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 03:09:32 PM »

Excerpt
Felicity, I am mad, so please dont take this personally. I do appreciete your words, but I have forgiven myself one time too many. I need to get mad at myself. I need this, I owe it to myself. I cant seem to learn amicably, I have to get just pissed I guess. Im there now.

Maybe you should get pissed at her instead of yourself.  She abused you, so why are you adding to it by abusing yourself?  If you feel anger at yourself is the answer, then so be it.  But now there are 2 people raging at PDQ instead of 1.

This isn't what you want to hear, so I won't post after this, but keep in mind that once your depression and rage are spent, then what?  What are you going to do if you feel depressed again?  How are you going to keep yourself from calling her?  One suggestion is post here BEFORE you call and we'll talk you off the ledge.
crystal

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 03:29:49 PM »

PD

Ex was your life for 13 years.  All her drama and fire and chaos--maybe it was painful but it there was energy there.  Now she is gone.  And you feel down. You feel empty.  You ARE depressed but there are also holes in your life.  Her drama is a quick fix to those holes...Problem is, her drama just makes those holes bigger when she leaves. 

PD-- you are addicted and she is destroying you. You need a plan to deal with the next craving. The AA analogy is good.  Faith in something beyond yourself, reliance on people who can support you and working on the underlying stuff that is keeping you from being who we know you are.

I hope you can start filling those holes with something more durable. 

PD-- we care about you. You need to start caring about yourself. And if you cant really care about yourself right now, have a little faith in all of us. We have no agenda. And all our support and advice is for only one reason-- you. 

Crystal
johnfl

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 04:17:16 PM »

Did I expect a different outcome this time around?

There's a dynamic she represents to you.  (emotionally unavailable) and you're still just hoping for a different outcome.  Your adult (better thinking self) has to talk to your weak self when you get there. 

am I just doing this out of habit?

I don't know?  I have been doing it my whole life.   The truth is your door to freedom; but the illusion that she might change "this time" is comfortable for still. 

This battle in my brain has to stop.

It will only stop when you are truly ready to face whatever it is you are afraid to face.  We all paddle our own canoe. 

Here's a suggestion...and its just a suggestion...stop wanting

Quick, stop "WANTING" some magical answer, for her to understand you, for her to make you feel better, for her pain to cause you relief,for the magical pill to just show up, for some day that it will all be over...When we WANT so bad, we stay in a place of need.  This wanting is what is kicking your ass, IMO. 

You have all the answers.   You know what you need to know.  There is no force or person out there that says you deserve to suffer more, Quick.  You  know I'm always here for you Quick.

Silas Pseudonym
Formerly Second Chance, gypsymoth

Relationship status: Married to an NPD Limey Bastard for 25 years, divorced in '07

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 04:24:51 PM »

HHHHHMMMMMMMM

Tempting to shout at you, but that would be acting like THEM!

I wish I could give you what ever it is I have.  Here take some "I don't ever want to see you.  I don't ever want to hear your voice.  I don't want to smell you...I even bought a new bed & bedding to make sure I don't!"

Does that help?

NO!

Did you take your pill?  Oh Sh*T I forgot mine...hold on.

Just because you ate a bag of chips does not mean you have to start from the beginning...however good Gary's analogies sound!  You have learned.  You just reinforced all that.

So what are you planning for the weekend to stay out of trouble?  Move your little brain to the next problem...Fix my fences before I shoot this F*ck*n' horse!  Full tilt sprint around the wheel line & cuttin' across the runway just behind the plane...could've killed two birds with one stone...

Help someone else & get outside of your head.

Smile baby boy.

Silas

crazyhorse

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 05:37:20 PM »

PDQ,

Yes, this was a self-destructive act. But you will learn from it. I have been able to not contact my ex because I have learned from past end-of-relationship experiences that it will only lead to more and more pain and then I end up behaving in ways that I feel bad about. What I never have had to deal with is being re-engagemented and I am struggling to learn my lesson with respect to that.

We can all tell you to just stop but the addiction is too strong for that. You have to stop the thought as soon as the thought to contact her enters your mind. Once you start obsessing about it is usually too late. Try to learn from this and move on my good man. I know you will.

CH

eastmeetswest

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2007, 07:03:15 PM »

Well, it sounds like an addiction but you know there is some substance to what Gary says.  You don't want her to give you closure, I think Mr. Q you still want her.  It is ok.  It is ok to still care when you know it will never really work and can't happen.   She is your drug.  How often are you calling and not telling us?

Please consider an AA type buddy to call instead of her.  Please - follow the advice you gave me once - get away, don't give her the opportunity to hurt you.

BTW, how are you eating?  Get a good meal in you, please.
johnfl

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 07:30:07 PM »

On the topic of eating Quick...I know it sounds cliche but eating well and working out, will produce chemicals (naturally) that will help you feel better.  Use everything in the arsenal and take it one day at a time.
LAPDR
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Single - living on my own and like it

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 07:52:28 PM »

PD;

Very dissapointed in you. That hampster in your head must be ready to have a heart attack or maybe you forgot to grease his cage. Maybe we can get Harrah's to get you an entry on the Sports Line, PD's NC longevity! Come on guy, do what John says, start running or jogging, cut the beer in half and get a great book to read. Get your mind on something else, go to Nags Head and run on the beach, watch the 20 year old chicks in the skimpy suits and meet one or two. Most people compartmentilized their feelings to exclude something you have built your to only include somebody you don't want, need or desire to have in your life anymore! Get that piece of cake that says 'EAT ME' for nothing will happen.

Hang in there guy.

LA

Letting go when it is too painful to hang on is hard to rationalize.

turtle
Retired Staff

Relationship status: I am happily single -- live alone and love it.

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007, 08:46:25 PM »

PDDQuick --

Thank you for coming here and telling us what's going on with you.  I appreciate that you kept your promise 

I can't even remember how many times I've been where you are.  I would love to give you the magic formula for how I got beyond it, but there isn't a formula.  It's a decision. Jackass had to stomp my heart into the ground way too many times before I got it.  And...when I finally did get it, it wasn't even that difficult or notable.  I just remember hearing his bs and saying to myself -- Turtle I love you enough to make sure you NEVER have to listen to this sht again.

When you're done being sht on, you'll stop letting it happen.  Only you know when you're done.

Turtle

MGMom

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2007, 11:19:08 PM »

Why are you thinking about this loon when someone is out there waiting for you?  The longer you agonize over this woman who does not deserve you, the longer you postpone happiness. 

Get out of that house.  Go for a run or to Starbucks or anywhere when she comes into your mind.  Look at the real life around you.  Quit thinking about this fantasy life you are going to have with her.  It's not real.  Someone wonderful is out there waiting for you.  How long are you going to make her wait while you agonize over this person who is married and obviously a user? 
Cyndi

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2007, 06:13:01 AM »

I find this so sad.

PD, you have so much to offer, you have a kind sensitive soul,,,

yet you are literally wasting it on someone who doesn't get it, doesn't care.

So instead of her destroying you, you are now doing it to yourself.

What in the world would it take for you to forget this women?  How many times are you going to get stomped on and left bleeding on the sidewalk?  How many times is it going to take?

I don't know you personally PD, but I know you well enough to say that you deserve more than she will ever be able to give you.  There are millions of women out there!  Why are you so focused on the one who causes you so much pain?
PDQuick
Retired Staff

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2007, 06:13:51 AM »

Well, yesterday was just a crappy day overall. I couldnt wait to get it over with. I went to bed before 9. It wasnt my best day by any means.

Still in my first cup of coffee, so I dont really know how Im feeling today, but it already is better than yesterday at this point.

Thank all of you guys for being there, and supporting me. And the only thing I have to say was way off base is Lapdr- I havent had a beer in months, or anything alcoholic. Smiling (click to insert in post) Well, not true, about a month ago, I had a couple malibu and OJ's.

There is a problem here, but I havent figured it out. I dont know whether I still want her, or if its a habit to call her when I dont feel good. I think I still want closure. I still want her to take responsibility for her part. I have to realize that she wont, and let it go.

I deserve much better, and I know there is no future in her. Not even for herself. She will destroy me, and Im not interested in that. I have enough to deal with without her. Add her and Im in overload. Sometimes I wish I could defrag my brain and run scandisk to get rid of all the problems. A good cerebral antivirus would be great right now. Sometimes I think my desire to get past this overrides my capability, and that is when the problem comes out. I need to be more patient with myself. Thanks Felicity, for bringing that to my attention. Getting mad at myself only adds to the confusion, and gives me one more thing to work through on an already overloaded brain.

The little mouse has stopped running in his little wheel, thanks to the Lexapro. I have to give it that. My thoughts have calmed down a lot in the last few weeks. Maybe that was a part of it yesterday, I didnt think before I called her. Note to self...think next time.

elphaba
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced (thankfully) and NC with EX - single and probably staying that way for a while

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2007, 06:38:54 AM »

Glad to hear you are feeling better today PD Smiling (click to insert in post)

Defrag our brains and run scandisk...now there would be a great way to clear the crap out of our heads...

We all make mistakes PD, we all make decisions we know are not the best for us, and hell ... life with a BPDso has been hard enough on our minds/ego/heart/soul...we hardly need to do it to ourselves. 

You are a wonderful guy, you deserve a wonderful woman who is your equal in regards to your ability to love/feel/enjoy life...

Note to PD - call one of us next time...

Jewls

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2007, 07:12:53 AM »

PD, we love you!  Take the advice of everyone here - call someone, anyone but her, post here, the response will be much more positive than what you would receive from that venomous snake-woman. 

DON'T BE ASHAMED!  We have all been there!  My dumb ass did it for 22 years!

Jewls

TonyC
Distinguished Member

Relationship status: single

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2007, 07:27:42 AM »

hi pd,

well you keep needing to have your heart ripped and and handed to you...its time pd...

i wont even get into whats goin on with me and jack your thread...

i will say i was presented with choices...

1..it would be good for tonight

2. it would be bad for tommarrow

there were no other choices to make...

sometimes we need to think in black and white...

we as nons see all the shades of grey... the shades of grey are what gets us destroyed...quick...this could go on for ever...

if you didnt love her still , sure be the guy on the side...

take care of buisiness and send her home...

but if you love her

you see, something else...youll wake up in the morning the sun will shine thru the blinds the birds are chirping and she walks around smelling flowers in one of your dress shirts..looking like she was sent from heaven...

then she changes runs out the door cause shes got to get home to husband...and your vision is gone...and you are left alone wondering is she coming back ? its all better now! what was that , ...the wondering hurts...and you stand on the porch and watch her drive away till the next time...

quick this will happen next week , and the week after...

good for today...bad for tommarrow

i will post ...what went on this week with me later...

right now its about you

tony

Jewls

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2007, 07:27:57 AM »

This is your ex.  Print it and put it up EVERYWHERE!

Leagaleagle

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2007, 08:58:51 AM »

Nice picture Jewls.

So, I am not the only one feeling this way for the last little while. Must be something in the air. I am better today, reading this thread helped me smile again.

I did not act on my feelings as I have been there too many times and got the same result. I will admit that I thought about it a few times, but I no longer am even thinking about it.

PDQ, I understand. I feel for you, and I know given time, you will get through this as well.

Stay strong, stay here with your real friends..

Thanks for helping me today.

PDQuick
Retired Staff

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2007, 09:03:29 AM »

LE, if I could, I would go through all of this crap just so all of you could learn and spare yourself some heartache. But I cant. It takes its own course, in each persons life. I, unfortunately, am hard headed, and have to learn the hard way. I hope my posts can stop just one person. And I also hope that someone, like you, can find validation, and comfort in them. Thanks LE for sharing.

Felicity

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2007, 09:12:14 AM »

Quick, I'm glad to hear you're better today.  Smiling (click to insert in post)  I think the others on this thread had some great advice (work out, eat well, have a BP "sponser" to call when you're feeling down, etc) 

Your BP ex does not have your best interest at heart.  It's up to you to provide the love and strength that you need.  I know it's hard, especially since you're going through some BP related PTSD, but be patient. 

When I'm in a destructive mood, I have a couple of things I do to avoid dwelling on BP exh: 

work out (when I can.  Hard to do as a single mom),

Listen to certain music (Jill Scott),

Go to silly/happy websites,

go to Starbucks and get a cinnamon dolce latte (heaven!)

play my video game that night, etc.

What is your plan if this happens again?

PDQuick
Retired Staff

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2007, 09:14:00 AM »

My plan is to throw my phones in the toilet, stick a sock in my mouth, use a full roll of duct tape to keep it there, and post here. Sound good?

spamlady
formerly istayed, planB

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2007, 09:17:33 AM »

Be sure to use a clean sock.

:-*
Felicity

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2007, 09:17:46 AM »

Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

If it works, go for it!  Just make sure the sock is clean... :P
Felicity

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2007, 09:18:15 AM »

Great minds think alike, spam!   Smiling (click to insert in post)
PDQuick
Retired Staff

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2007, 09:18:42 AM »

Damn, now I have to do laundry. Does it ever end? LOL!

turtle
Retired Staff

Relationship status: I am happily single -- live alone and love it.

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2007, 09:21:54 AM »

Funny about the sock --

Seriously though.  Felicity has asked you a good question.  What IS your plan?

Turtle

PDQuick
Retired Staff

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2007, 09:25:26 AM »

Turtle, you think that was a joke? Toilet lid is up. Tape and sock are here on my desk. Seriously, First I am going to think. Then, if the feeling is still there, I will put my phones up, or call a friend. I dont need to call her. I cant say anything about excercising, or doing anything, because I dont know what I will be doing when it might happen. I will realize that it is temporary, and try to shake it off. Self destruction is not my middle name.

GawgaGirl

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2007, 09:27:30 AM »

Hey,

I LIKE that plan!  THAT is the one I NEED.    Smiling (click to insert in post)

One more.  I also probably need to be tied up or locked in a room by a friend.  Just so I don't FIND another phone/computer.  LOL

Made me smile.  Hard to do these days.

Like you, I know the score.  Just keep putting myself in a position for 'more' of the heartache.  :'(
Felicity

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2007, 09:30:44 AM »

Have you ever heard the song "Golden" by Jill Scott?  That is my renewal song.  I love it!  Actually, the whole album is awesome, but I always lead with that song. 

What song uplifts you?  What activity makes you happy? 

Changing your thoughts might be more effective than controlling your physical actions (taping your mouth etc).  Also, if you're at work, how are you going to do it?
spamlady
formerly istayed, planB

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2007, 09:34:48 AM »

Thinking before you start pressing buttons is a good plan.

Perhaps you can use the trick lots of smokers use when they want to quit. When they get the cigarette in their hands, they stop and think: Do I really have to have it now? Can I wait another hour? Okay, I can do that. I'll wait one hour and then reassess how badly I think I need it then. So they wait an hour and then do the same thing. Do I really have to have it now? etc, etc. They already know it's bad for them, but they're at the point of doing something they don't really want to do. So they put it off.

Just putting something off for an hour helps to demonstrate that yes, it is possible not to give in to the momentary urge. And once you've been successful with the hour-long delay, then you can go for longer stretches--till lunchtime, till the end of the day, till tomorrow, and so on.

About doing laundry-- it is good for the soul.

As you cleanse your garments, concentrate on cleansing your mind.

Remove the dirt.

Shout out the stains.

Replace the stinkiness with freshness.

Then hang it all out to dry in the sunshine.

You'll be Rinso clean!

spam
eastmeetswest

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2007, 11:49:12 AM »

Alright, so you haven't said anything bout the AA type buddy.  How about dialing 211.  Just dial them and talk.  You can talk about anything and they have to listen.  It's great.  Please give it a try.  Try anything but calling her, again.  However, if you do just let us know.  Holding it in will only make it worse for you.
PDQuick
Retired Staff

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2007, 11:49:50 AM »

211? Whats that?

eastmeetswest

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2007, 11:53:12 AM »

I think most states have it.  It's a crisis hotline.  You can just call the number - dial 211.  And you get to talk to someone.  I don't know about all states, but if you look in the phone book there is a 1-800 number called national crisis hotline.  When I first was breaking up with x I used it a lot.  When stuff was building in me and i thought I would implode I called.  They don't say much, but I didn't care.  Just getting it off my chest to anyone helped me.
PDQuick
Retired Staff

« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2007, 05:32:24 PM »

It amazes me what a difference 24 hours make. I am feeling pretty good right now, and have been getting better all day. Almost like someone is uping the dimmer on the lights slowly. Yesterday, horrible. Today, pretty descent. I cant wait for tomorrow.

GawgaGirl

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2007, 05:56:37 PM »

PDQ~

Glad to hear it!

Wish I could say the same.

Hopefully soon...
lennic

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2007, 07:08:21 PM »

Shame,,,a useless emotion..it perpetually tries to fill someone else's expectations...and feeds upon falling short.

PDQ...the other day you made a post that put a chill up my spine...It was the resume of hell...you remember...one line in there about her being the thing that ran down her Mother's leg...I didn't respond because I didn't know what to say...though I wanted to very bad...

It is very hard to see anyone spoken of that way...but I bit my tongue.

Today,,I know a little more about that paragraph. Some of it was about you wasn't it? You feel weak and pathetic and duped and foolish and sometimes insane. We all use projection even you sane folks...

But you are none of those things PDQ. You are much the things that many people here sense about you and they are none of things in that resume from hell. She isn't either.

Please go to your bathroom when you finish reading my silly liteny and bring a big majic marker with you.

On the mirror that you see yourself for the first time in the morning when we do all those human things...Please write in large letters...

PDQ IS A GOOD MAN.

HE FAILS LIKE ALL MEN BUT HE BRUSHES HIS PANTS OFF AND STANDS UP.

NOT ALL MEN DO THIS,, I AM A GOOD MAN.

I WILL LOVE AGAIN AND I WILL LOVE DEEPER BECAUSE I KNOW MORE ABOUT IT.

I WILL DO ONE REAL SPECIAL THING FOR PDQ TODAY.

I WILL DO ONE SPECIAL THING FOR SOMEONE TODAY ANONOMOUSLY.

SEE YOU TOMORROW YOU WONDERFULL GUY!

In the end we really only have two directions..we can get busy living or wait for dying..

I like your potential my friend...get about it..

Lenny
PDQuick
Retired Staff

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2007, 08:27:33 PM »

I <raising my hand> PDQ do solemnly swear to avoid all contact with that miserable soul sucking, gut wrenching, selfish, back stabbing, no emotion feeling, no accountability taking, useless piece of human waste, that I will now, and forever refer to as a skin robot! I will delete all messages from that vindictive, crap spewing, emotion robbing, self serving, vampire of a sorry excuse for a human being woman. I will not go see, or let into my life that worthless, white piece of trash, that should have been dumped out on the side of someone elses road years ago. I will not involve myself with a phone conversation with someone whos best feature ran down her mother leg 42 years ago. I will not believe anything that I hear that she has projected, vommited, spewed, or forced into some elses brain. I realize that this human toxic waste dump is not only a waste of my time, but also a waste of precious oxygen consumption here on the planet earth, and is truly unworthy of my excrament, much less my time and effort. <Lowering my hand>

Lenny, I remembered something about saying that, but I couldnt remember where, so I had to go look it up, and your right. I have to say that I really dont feel that way about her, nor do I feel that way about myself. I was caught up in the anger and shame of the moment. I feel like I should apologize to all here, and also to her, as she did not deserve these words. So, with that, board, I do apologize, and to you, my former love, I do apologize as well. This is a hard thing for me to undergo, as I have felt like I have been used and discarded, with no respect, and no compassion for all of the love that I have given. This has been a hard road for me to travel, and one that I would have rather not gone down. But, I know that it is the only road for me to be on, because I am working out the issues that I need to work on to be a better man, and a better human. Through our loves destruction, my flower will bloom. I hope hers does as well. I wish no harm onto her, and I mean that. I could have made her life very difficult, and chose not to, because my love and compassion has limits, and those stop in doing someone else harm. I will never harm her intentionally, and I will try to bite my tongue in anger when it comes again, as Im sure it will.

Thank you Lenny for your post, it has both inspired me, and humbled me. May we never forget that in our journey through life, we are people, and our exs are people as well. May we thank god that we have the capability to change, and not live in the torment anymore. That is something that most of our exs cant walk away from. We have come to a parting of love, but it shouldnt be backwashed with hate, anger, and the flurry of horrific words. They do deserve some respect, after all, do onto others, and this quote is not anything I ever want to see cast in my direction.

Lenny, I thank you for the mirror invitation, and I will think about it, but I think my mirror needs to read ":)o onto others, as you would have them do onto you. Even the weak, and the disordered have the right to happiness. I have been weak, and I have been disordered at times, and my character will be tested in the dealings not only with her, but with myself in these troubled times."

PDQuick
Retired Staff

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2007, 08:32:15 PM »

Matter of fact, better yet, I think I will also print off this post and hang it on my mirror. I do need to see myself in a better light.

elphaba
Retired Staff

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2007, 08:38:21 PM »

PD you threw your recent declaration back in your own face and I did not have to do so and follow thru on my threat...

You did not deserve to be used or discarded, you did and do deserve to be loved just as you love...fully and completely and unconditionally...you are learning now to love yourself...

You'll find yourself, love the amazing person that you truly are and then love, my friend, will find you.

Jeffree

Relationship status: divorce

Encourage Mint

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2007, 06:10:00 AM »

PDQ,

After my EX left, I was so devastated. I really had lost my will to live, but I wasn't suicidal. The rug had been yanked out from under me and I didn't know what to do. I had my whole life invested in my marriage--dreams, goals, love, affection, etc. It hurt soo much.

A week after she left, I was writing a goodbye letter to her (not a goodbye cruel world letter, mind you), just telling her how hard it was to believe it was over just like that, trying to take responsibility for my part in it as seen through her eyes, and trying to be fair about the shortcomings of our marriage.

By the time I was done pouring my heart out to her, I thought I had stumbled upon a way we could reconcile. I sent the e-mail, then made a mad dash home (3 hrs. by car) to tell her everything, make her come back to me, and win her heart all over again.

Not only did it not work, yet it was the last time I had a human moment with her and was pretty close to working, the e-mail wound up as part of her evidence against me. Granted, she lost her case for D anyway, but that's a whole nutha story.

Did I feel the fool for trying? No, because I didn't know any better, and have always been someone who knows that I have to do what I have to do. I can only be me.

Likewise, you can only be you. If you have to call the ex again in your time in need instead of reaching out to your friends, family, and bpdfamily.comers, then so be it. You know the consequences. You know how that story ends. But you can't stop the compulsion to receive torture from you ex...yet. One day you will stop and you'll never do it again. One day you will get the final hit up the backside of your head, and you'll be done with her. In the meantime, we're here for you.

Hang in there, dude.

--J

"Live as if your life depended on it." ~ Werner Erhard
thomaso61

Relationship status: divorced twice

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2007, 07:16:56 AM »

Yo Bro!

It must be hard after being with someone for so long to simply let go and go NC. Especially, when there are her kids which you considered yours involved. For me, it is a bit easier; no kids and a minimal time line of actually being involved with "crazy". Living in a separate state helps immensely as well.  Smiling (click to insert in post)

I can understand the identity issue of a couple together. For instance, friends come around and ask, "how's so and so?" Or, you go to group gatherings and people ask, "how's your wife or husband?" Your spouse becomes a definition of who you are in a way...you know?

When it's not there anymore, you lose can lose sight of yourself and struggle to define who "you" are without them in your life anymore. I guess it's why it's a "process" to figure out who you are again without them in your life. It can also leave quite a void. With that said, you really need to come to grips with your needs and wants PDQ.

Your head will forever remain in a state of spun confusion the longer you entertain the prospect of being with her. You've been here long enough to know what your dealing with. It's like being an alcoholic. Some alcoholics drink again after going to AA for a few years. Say it ain't so! Yes, going to a bar and choosing to drink again with a head full of AA knowledge is not a good mix. You have the knowledge. Do with it what you wish. Just know that we are here for you even if you continue down that path of self destruction with her. Be honest with yourself. Just raise your hand up and say, " Hi, my name is PDQ, and I'm a recovering Non from OZ and looking to get out of the FOG!"  Smiling (click to insert in post)

Neediness and loneliness and power and control come to mind. It's a powerful mix! Dam, this is the longest post in quite awhile for me. Did I make any sense?

In summation, quit thinking with your little head... :Smiling (click to insert in post) 

Try Alanon and get involved with something larger than you...
NewLifeforHGG
Retired Staff

Relationship status: separated

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2007, 06:48:33 PM »

How do you feel today?

I am wondering if part of the addiction was the fact that you were so young when you got together. You really didn't experience your younger years like so many do. She was the center of your world. So many of the memories that should be carefree aren't. You spent your entire young adulthood with her and being a father.

You need to have some fun and get out there and live a little.

She is not your friend and she doesn't have your best interests at heart.

Shut the door. Turn around and insert he key. Then lock it.

It is over.

LEO

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2007, 08:22:40 PM »

while things are better today.she is still out to inflict pain after 26 years she knows how to.The low point was last august I sat on the porch I had been advised If she were in the house go to the porch I was there so much I felt like a potted plant.i thought this is too much Ill just take a overdose and go sleep.At that time my son came in a quick hug as he went in.Ok now youre gonna have to live.life is measured now by good days outnumber bad.Today i want to thrive not survive I have 1.7 sons here.Its coming up on a year this summer the bitter truth and she went for my jugular in every way she could.because she was having an affair?caught totally off guard by her well done plan. now its money and day to day  problems that cause my anxiety.Im amazed im still here.I will always love her but will avoid her at all cost once co parenting is up.i plan on never seeing her again.My faith in people,the system not high. its kinda like what do you expect when the one person in youre life so long turn so vile and evil.?one could go insane on that question best put that book awayfor now.knowing it will come off again and ill relive the nightmare again and again.Its be kind to Me year keeps me away from it?helps.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest