Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
November 21, 2018, 08:44:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Harley Quinn, Harri, Once Removed, Radcliffwendydarling
Senior Ambassadors: Flourdust, Mutt, Turkish, Woolspinner2000
Ambassadors: BeagleGirl, bluek9, Cat Familiar, CryWolf, Enabler, Feeling Better, formflier, Insom, JNChell, Merlot, Mustbeabetterway, RolandOfEld, spero, zachira
  Help!   Groups   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Register to post Here  
PSYCHOLOGY: Help us build this database.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BEHAVIORS: Anger and Rage and passive aggression  (Read 6631 times)
MindfulJavaJoe
Retired Staff

Everything is as it is meant to be.

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2011, 04:01:00 PM »

Randi Kreger is correct to point out that this is not a diagnostic criteria.

My uBPDw is skilled at getting her needs met.

She will turn on the charm (coy, diminutive, fluttering eyelashed) and if that does not work she quickly turns into full rage.

She might say 5 minutes later why do we have to fight why can't we just be friends. Suggesting that I am to blame.

She is emotionally labile switching from calm to full volcano mode in a blink of an eye sometimes triggered by trivial mannerisms or gestures. 

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT

This board is intended for general questions about BPD and other personality disorders, trait definitions, and related therapies and diagnostics. Topics should be formatted as a question.

Please do not host topics related to the specific pwBPD in your life - those discussions should be hosted on an appropraite [L1] - [L4] board.

You will find indepth information provided by our senior members in our workshop board discussions (click here).

Gettingthere

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2011, 08:05:55 AM »

Does passive agressive behaviour come under " 8. inappropriate, intense anger or difficulty controlling anger" in BPD diagnosis, or is it a stand alone entity?

Can anyone clarify for me plse

Even a smile is charity Smiling (click to insert in post)
whitedoe

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2011, 10:13:07 PM »

Great question! Mine also displayed what my therapist has called "rage" in the form of extremely "passive aggressive" behavior? I used to wonder about "rage" because I never really saw "rage" in this personality disordered man that I loved? But, perhaps the patterns of "passive aggression" are just another "flavor" of "rage"? I would love to hear what others know about this topic?

WhiteDoe
Gettingthere

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2011, 04:25:59 PM »

Thanks for the input everyone.

From what i've read P.A is about unexpressed anger (or not directly expressed!) - see "living with the passive agressive man".  I think that's where i was getting confused - my husb VERY P.A but has other BPD traits without the full on verbal raging - but then my uBPD/NPDm was also pa with stony silences to boot 

Sp p.a behaviour can b a part of BPD in the context of rage?

Even a smile is charity Smiling (click to insert in post)
GirlfriendInHell

Person in your life: Romantic partner

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2017, 01:15:38 PM »

My boyfriend, who I suspect has BPD but is yet to be diagnosed, experiences rage quite often and usually for irrational reasons. Just last week, he was trying to clean a pot to cook noodles but couldn't get something off of the bottom of the pot. He threw the pot in the sink, stomped to the bedroom, slammed the door and began punching the bed over and over. He then swung the door open, causing the door knob to penetrate the wall behind the door, yelled "I need to go for a walk" and stormed out of the house. I just sat there confused and frozen. Eventually he started texting me from wherever he was. After roughly half an hour to an hour, he came back in the house and muttered "sorry". He then went back into the room and laid down. That was the end of that but I was left sitting there scratching my head thinking "what just happened" and "did that really just happen over the pot?". I am slowly learning to expect these situations but in the moment I always feel like I'm frozen trying to catch up with the world around me.
Links and Information
CLINICAL INFORMATION
The Big Picture
5 Dimensions of Personality
BPD? How can I know?
Get Someone into Therapy
Treatment of BPD
Full Clinical Definition
Top 50 Questions

EDITORIAL DEPARTMENTS
My Child has BPD
My Parent/Sibling has BPD