Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 17, 2014, 08:33:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Moderators: DreamGirl, LettingGo14, P.F.Change, Rapt Reader
Advisors: livednlearned, Mutt, pessim-optimist, Turkish, Waverider
Ambassadors: Aussie JJ, BacknthSaddle, caredverymuch, contradancer, formflier, free-n-clear, HealingSpirit, Kwamina, lever, Love is Not Enough, maxen, NorthernGirl, OutofEgypt, ziggiddy, ziniztar
  Directory Guidelines Glossary   Boards   Help Please Donate Login Register  
bing
Think About It...The basic premise of cognitive therapy is that the way we think about events in our lives (cognition) determines how we feel about them (emotions). ~ Jeffrey E. Young PH.D, Reinventing Your Life
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: he flipped into a rage and has taken everything and left  (Read 1414 times)
Rusalka

Learning to Swim

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2013, 10:05:36 AM »

having a bit of a bad day today and any advise would be welcome.  feeling really upset by the N/C today my friend suggested a send a short message to him...  do you think that would help the situation or just make things worse.  I know the answer is probably on here somewhere but havent got the energy today to sift all through it.  Think knowing that Ill be flying back soon is making it worse as Ill be entering our empty apartment.  I feel sick with worrying about him and just want this to be over already   cry cry cry

I can only speak from my experience (with trying to go LC/NC with my BPDmom) and from readings lots and lots of messages on here. If you send him a message, prepare to have your feelings stomped on as he will most likely use it as a chance to completely blame you and shame you into your actions and tell you his leaving was all your fault. I have seen it again, and again, and AGAIN on this board and everytime people say they feel like they are back at square one with their emotions.

Do what is best for you. It really does not seem as though people get closure at all from their exBPDs until they find peace within themselves.

edit: just as an addon, your friend's advice would make sense if you were dealing with a normal, rational person, which you are not and you said it yourself that your friends don't understand BPD. So your friend's advice is not bad, just understand that the person you would send it to will not react in a way you would expect from even a normal ex.
arabella

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2013, 11:39:56 PM »

The advice for that sort of thing really depends on where your mind is at. If you send a message you have to be prepared, and be okay with, receiving a nasty answer (or no answer at all). If it makes YOU feel better to send it - then do it. This stuff is HARD and you should do what you need in order to maintain your own health. The important thing to remember is that you need to let go of the outcome - he's obviously dysregulated so, if a bad response is going to make things worse for YOU then just don't send a message at all.

Aside from the above warning...  Quite a few people here have found it helpful to send little 'pings' to their LC pwBPD. It just lets them know we're still around, still care, etc. Again, no expectation as to response, but leaving that communication door open for the pwBPD can be good.

Well, you said that we made such a pretty pair, And that you would never leave;
But you gave away the things you loved, And one of them was me
Fall Fund Drive
Hi guys. Thanks for all that you do everyday to help others and to make BPDFamily a healing place.
On behalf of all of those that will benefit in 2015, we thank everyone for doing their part and "paying it forward".
blackorchid

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2013, 04:33:13 AM »

thanks guys sent a message but have heard nothing back...  
arabella

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2013, 10:43:32 AM »

keep us posted! Hoping you hear back (with a positive message) soon! smiley

blackorchid

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2013, 04:58:50 PM »

thank you.  it real;y does help doesnt it knowing that people on here care.  Still havent heard anything from him.  heard through a friend though that his talks with his old boss went well on tuesday and that he has resigned to the old team.  Dont know how i feel about that though...  guess it means when i fly back he has no reason to come to the city. He will be about 35 min drive away in the other town.
hope things are going much better with you
arabella

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2013, 10:10:21 PM »

That's what we're here for - to support each other! Empathy And thank goodness for that, I think I'd have lost every last marble by now if it wasn't for the lovely people I found here.

Job changes you say? Hmm...  Was this something he was worrying about before he flipped into a rage? Just curious because I know that my H is very triggered by any sort of job instability. I'm wondering if having things settled at work might help him to recalibrate and calm down - what do you think?

How do you feel about his new job situation? You said it was in another town, but also that he was there before - was this how things were for you two previously?

Things over here are, I hesitate to say, possibly a little more positive (I'm always looking for that second shoe that is perpetually hovering over my head). It was a pretty good weekend though, so I'm grateful for that. The stuff I've learned on these boards helped immensely!

blackorchid

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2013, 04:41:15 AM »

Welcome! Glad to hear that you had a nice weekend.

I think that all the uncertainty of everything definitely contributed towards it but not sure what to do moving forward.  He left his team in January which was in a completely different city (4 hours away)and we have lived together permanently  since then.  Previous to that from August we were seeing each other at the weekends. Which wasn't ideal.  This is his team from the previous year which is a lot closer.  I think that I realised last year that he cannot cope with the pressure of this type of things.  I kept saying that I'm pretty sure I'll be staying at my school but they took 2 months to tell me what pay rise I would receive.  He said that was unacceptable and he couldn't wait any longer which led him to saying his leaving. He wouldn't listen when I said I will know 2 days later when I have the meeting with the schools owners.  When I think about it I can see all the little signs building up.  But as I said I have had an awful 3 months and just couldn't think about the things I should be following. 

I think going through personal things its really hard being with someone like this.  I want him to be supporting me and not be being careful not to step on his toes.

I feel a bit rubbish finding out about it as this is what we have wanted for months.  If he plays there he is close to me. He can come home on his days offs. I can go to the matches on my days off and he can pop home in the week as its driveable.  Plus now Ive had the pay rise I wanted we can get the apartments we've been thinking off for months. But now I dont even know if that will happen. Technically we should be really happy now but instead we're not even communicating  huh rolleyes
arabella

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2013, 04:54:40 PM »

Is it crazy that your post all makes sense to me? I think I may have spent too much time around pwBPD! lol

My H is exactly like this. He can not handle uncertainty. And if the uncertainty has been ongoing and a decision is now imminent? Panic. He dysregulates. I think it causes emotional overload. Then it takes a few weeks for him to come back down off the ledge he's built himself. In the meantime, I'm miserable and trying to figure out what I could have done differently. Answer? Nothing. It's not me, it's him.

For example, I've been unemployed for quite awhile now. Not my fault, and it was okay at first, but it put a strain on things. H, at the height of his dysregulation this spring, could speak of nothing else but how I needed a job and how I had put him in an awful position by not working. So I busted my tail and chased a particular job for months (kept applying to others as well). Finally, just a few weeks ago, it paid off and I got a job offer! Woohoo, right? No. He dysregulated. Now he's improved to just not caring about it. I start next week. We should be celebrating. We should be happy. But no. I reminded him this week that I needed the car for work next week. He forgot I was starting work. rolleyes

So, I hear ya. You can't win for trying. Good news is that it sounds like his dysregulation had a distinct cause and that is now resolved. It'll take time, but I am betting that once it sinks in and he realizes things are okay, he'll just slowly revert back to 'normal' and you'll be left wondering what the heck just happened. In the meantime...  it totally sucks.

Keep hanging on! Empathy

blackorchid

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2013, 05:33:35 PM »

At least between the 2 of us we understand each others situation.  Hate that we should both be celebrating but instead we are stressing and worrying and upset rolleyes

not sure if this was him tonight but hes brother messaged me on facebook asking if i was in england and if im just not coming back.  thing is ive spoke to him on the phone and he knows where i am so can help but wonder if it was my boyf and why hes doing that for  huh

i hope that your H comes round and that you sort things out.  Youre amazing for waiting for him for so long love
arabella

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2013, 08:41:43 PM »

The facebook thing is indeed odd. It could very well be your bf. As much as we tell them we are coming back, the nature of the disorder is that they feel abandoned - and for them, feelings = facts. So you are gone right now and he is likely panicking that, because he fought with you, you're never coming back. You've left him. (All subconscious, of course.) That's my theory. Not that it matters, because no matter what's going on the reality is that you are going back and you have a job lined up there. Guessing that he's just seeking reassurance.

I hope my H comes round too! And thanks for thinking of me in the midst of your own crisis! love Now if only he'd realize how awesome I am...  lol

2015 Community Sponsors
Keeping BPDFamily on the air
We are all appreciative of the thoughtful men and women who provide the support, education, and brotherhood that keep BPDFamily on the air and make a difference in our lives. To all, thank you for this wonderful resource.

Alex86
antifragile
Aussie JJ
Aussieman
BlackandBlue
blissful_camper
bpdfamfan
chump
ColdEthyl
Conundrum
corraline
coworkerfriend
Cumulus
dar
Dark star
Emelie Emelie
enlighten me
findingmyselfagain
forget-me-not
FreeMeGal
fromheeltoheal
gettin-unstuck
goldylamont
Harri
HealingSpirit
Intent_to_learn
jellibeans
jthorpejr
KarenDH
kiddfei
kidsteele
Leelou
Leelou
Loveofhislife
MammaMia
maxen
Memorial Donation
Mike76
Mommy108
Mr Hollande
Narellan
NeedHelpPls
Nope
NorthernGirl
oblivian2013
pallavirajsinghani
preciousme
Progress Not Perfection
qcarolr
Rifka
rj47
Ross O
sanemom
schwing
seahorse
Should I stay or should I....
SistersKeeper
Skip
Soulslider
Surnia
swampped
Theo41
thereishope
TigerEye
ToLiveAgain
toomanytears
trappedinlove
Up In the Air
Pay it forward Here

If you made a donation and your name does not appear on this list here , please contact us so that we may confirm that the payment was properly credited to BPDFamily.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

index.php?topic=56206.msg913187#msg913187