Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 07:20:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't ignore
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Why We Struggle in Our Relationships
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: trust issues  (Read 359 times)
hodasalim

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: March 24, 2014, 03:11:42 PM »

Hi BPD family 

so here is the case, i have a BPDbf we have been together for about 4 months now and everything seems fine. I learned a lot about the BPD and I am coping with it really good so far and I don't have a lot to complain about.

Only one thing that is really bothering me is that he doesn't seem to be able to trust me enough to open up to me about what is depressing him. so he can go depressed and spend hours in his dark room and not answer my calls or texts and just grab the phone every 4 or 5 hours to tell me my mood is hitty I don't wanna talk about it. the next day he seems fine at the morning but by evening he gets back to the dark room phase and nothing seems to be good enough to cheer him up. this depressive mood can last for weeks and I still don't know what to do when he gets into this depression.

I understand that as a BPD this mostly will always be the case but all I want him to do is open up to me and tell me what is wrong ,, he just keeps telling me I like to sort out my own hit that is the way I prefer to do it, it is not about u babe it is just how I like to deal with my issues

Anyone here is having the same issue ? and how u deal with it ?
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

123Phoebe
Staying and Undecided

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 05:21:08 PM »

I understand that as a BPD this mostly will always be the case but all I want him to do is open up to me and tell me what is wrong ,, he just keeps telling me I like to sort out my own  that is the way I prefer to do it, it is not about u babe it is just how I like to deal with my issues

Hi hodasalim

Sounds like your bf has opened up and explained that he likes to sort out his issues the way he chooses to.  That it has nothing to do with you.

It's hard being on the outside looking in, but when someone has their curtains drawn and we go up to the window peering in with a flashlight, they learn not to trust us.

Funny how that works, isn't it?

Is your bf in therapy?

hodasalim

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 05:38:23 PM »

[/quote]
Hi hodasalim

Sounds like your bf has opened up and explained that he likes to sort out his issues the way he chooses to.  That it has nothing to do with you.

It's hard being on the outside looking in, but when someone has their curtains drawn and we go up to the window peering in with a flashlight, they learn not to trust us.

Funny how that works, isn't it?

Is your bf in therapy?[/quote]
maybe you are right ... I sound like the creepy person trying to see what is behind the curtains :/

Nope ... my bf is not on therapy ... we live in Egypt to is quite hard to find a therapist who is knowledgable enough about BPD.

he has been to 5 therapists before and they all diagnosed him with BPD however they just adv with the meds and didnt offer much help with the psychological therapy.

He is doing so well on his own I have to admit and he is improving really quickly ... he doesnt feel like everyone hates him and all of this anymore or not as much as he used to and his self esteem still remains a challenge I guess however it is much better that it used to be 2 years ago Smiling (click to insert in post)
123Phoebe
Staying and Undecided

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 05:51:21 PM »

I sound like the creepy person trying to see what is behind the curtains :/

Nope, you don't sound creepy at all.  It's natural to wonder what's going on with the people we care about   People with BPD experience things on a much higher frequency though, so what might seem a natural concern to us, could possibly feel invasive to them.  Then here comes shutdown mode, with maybe a little push-pull thrown in for good measure

I'm glad things are better than they used to be
hodasalim

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 12:57:22 PM »

The thing is he is cutting me off for 2 weeks now ... he doesnt reply to my calls or text messages it is probably only once a day when he is able to pull off enough energy to contact me and when he does it is only like for 5 min and then he comes up with whatever excuse to get back to his cave ... I know this sounds selfish but I miss my man so much now ... I miss him talking to me and the laughs and it seems that his depression is taking way longer that it normally do that is why I am concerned :/

Thanks a lot for your help and support Smiling (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest