Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 04:45:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't ignore
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Why We Struggle in Our Relationships
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BPDw tried to break door down , any urgent feedback appreciated  (Read 722 times)
bpbreakout

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: married

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2014, 08:54:20 PM »

Hi formflier, d15 has been in therapy on and off for a number of years as she has borne the brunt of BPDw's illness form an early age. It's something I organised & BPDw has never been happy with it as she has felt threatended. It has undoubtedly helped d15 detach & realise that she is not a bad person despite all the crap she gets. Also d15 has an ADHD diagnosis as a result of this (FYI not on medication) which I think has helped as d15's untidiness has been a constant trigger for BPDw. The fact that d15 may genuinely need help with this has taken some pressure off. s13 did see a therapist a few years ago for other reasons which you may remember from my PM. He is mum's favourite and been much more balanced over the years and quite mature for his age. However now he is 13 and starting to assert his independence I think BPDw is having a lot of trouble with it, I'm wondering how I help him with this as I can see a future "co-dependent" in the making.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

formflier
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2014, 09:27:40 PM »

Hi formflier, d15 has been in therapy on and off for a number of years as she has borne the brunt of BPDw's illness form an early age. It's something I organised & BPDw has never been happy with it as she has felt threatended. It has undoubtedly helped d15 detach & realise that she is not a bad person despite all the crap she gets. Also d15 has an ADHD diagnosis as a result of this (FYI not on medication) which I think has helped as d15's untidiness has been a constant trigger for BPDw. The fact that d15 may genuinely need help with this has taken some pressure off. s13 did see a therapist a few years ago for other reasons which you may remember from my PM. He is mum's favourite and been much more balanced over the years and quite mature for his age. However now he is 13 and starting to assert his independence I think BPDw is having a lot of trouble with it, I'm wondering how I help him with this as I can see a future "co-dependent" in the making.

My thinking is that it's not you that need to worry about helping him... .but you that need to worry about getting him and mum to help... .and stand aside.

Let mum be threatened by a T... .not you.  You are just following a professionals advice.  If mum has problems with this... .then the family T and mum's T need to talk... .to coordinate a way to deal with this.

You participate... but don't lead the effort.  That way you can "just be following the T's advice.

If mum doesn't like it... .she can talk to the T.

That kind of thing.

You have a complex situation on your hand.  Lots of individual issues that need to be coordinated... .

Thoughts?

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest