Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 09:25:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: saw a pic of her-triggered anxiety  (Read 342 times)
Lion Fire

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: September 01, 2014, 07:23:50 AM »

I have been doing well with NC. 70 days so far, absolutely no responses to her attempts to connect with me. I am in a new relationship that's going well so far and moving on in most areas from the nightmare. I still think of her more than I would like to but it is manageable and below obsession levels.

Last night I spotted a pic of my ex on my fb feed. It was taken by a mutual friend while he was visiting her home city. I caught a momentary glimpse of her and I was stunned for a few seconds. I got off FB immediately. I caught enough to notice that she looked miserable and underweight. Her aura was moody.

I was thrown off centre by this and it took me a while to get back to a peaceful space. On awakening this morning I deleted the mutual friend from my contacts ( I don't really know him so it's no big deal). Thereafter I did a grounding meditation where, once again, I released her and I feel much better. I recommitted to moving on, without reservations, from this toxic connection. I am cutting out all unnecessary links between us such as random mutual FB friends.

This means that I have done the following to heal and protect myself:

-Intensive therapy

-removing all possible ties such as a joint cell phone account

- removed all of my belongings from her home

-moved to another country to work

-Deleted all mails and messages on my phone and computer

-Blocked her on my phone, Viber, whatsapp, soundcloud, Skype

-Taken off all pics and videos of her/us from my devices

-Instructed mutual friends, who I still have a meaningful relationship with, that I don't want to hear her name or talk about her. I want nothing to do with her

-stopped talking about her as much as possible

The only remaining avenue is my work email. I don't respond to her and my intention is to delete any message from her without reading it from now on.

It astounds me at times just how much this relationship hurt me. There is definitely still residual trauma.

I am serious about healing and moving on. I never want to put myself into a position where I can be hurt by her again.

I feel empowered today Smiling (click to insert in post)

camuse

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 08:26:06 AM »

You did good Smiling (click to insert in post)

I had a very similar experience, saw a pic - she looked gaunt and angry and had started smoking. But alongside was another where she looked happy and had the replacement next to her.

I have blocked her and deleted all mutual friends, I never want to see her face again.

70 days is good progress, you are on the way out of this nightmare.

I look forward to the day when I don't care if I see her, just like my other exes - no triggers at all.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest