Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 02:46:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A few questions as I'm confused.  (Read 368 times)
christoff522

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: September 28, 2014, 06:59:04 AM »

My exBPDgf, well... .

I'll set the scene:

It's 340am, I've been watching lots of Californication, the shows making me cry guys, in places it's just so well written. But I'm thinking of my ex. I text her and I tell her that I love her - she knows I do anyway, but she's kinda my Karen (wife of the protagonist Hank, in the show). All is well, I'm expecting a telling off tomorrow, I go to bed.

I start falling asleep and I get a text "I've just been... oh my G**"

So I ask her whats wrong.

She rings me and says she's been raped, shes literally hysterical, I've heard her upset before but this is unbelievable. I go downstairs, talk to her. This leads to a good hunt round my area to find her, eventually I find her by her old high school. I give her a smoke. we talk, then we kiss. But I have to get her home. I offer her to stay at my place, but in the end I start walking her home.

We get to a short-cut, its through a path and some fields. It literally knocks half an hour off the journey. We are talking about everything, its almost as if nothing has happened to her. But rather than make me feel better this worries me. I mean, I completely believe her, but I'm actually a little concerned about her.

Anyway, we've done a heck of a lot of kissing, scary amount. She asked me a question, I can't remember what it is, I tell her I love her. We discuss the age difference (10 years) - well I say discuss, we're not sitting down and talking, its actually two drunks basically rabbling about it, neither of us actually caring.

So we get towards the end of the path and we hit the field. She decides she's going no further, she's going to sleep here. So I lie down next to her, telling her she needs to keep walking cos I can't carry her. She'd put her phone in my pocket earlier for safe keeping, so I pull it out to ring her mum. She grabs the phone, jumps on top of me, holds me down, and kisses me. It's obvious what's gonna happen. But a lot has happened tonight. I say no (and are then interrupted by a dog walker  Being cool (click to insert in post) ) but we hold each other for what felt like forever. We carry on walking, get to the end of the field, and basically she tells me that I need to sleep as I have work tomorrow, so finally she rings her mum. At this point I go off to a safe invisible distance as her mum will not be happy about me (obvious to me that theres serious dysfunction here). She goes.

What is really confusing me, is... basically what the heck just happened? I mean don't get me wrong I know she loves me, and it's literally the fact she's not 18 til very early next year. (judge not lest ye be judged - I'm British), but why would she do that? It seems so so clear to me just how vulnerable she is. Last night, I've never forgiven so much thats happened between us as I did then. She's so self-aware, she knows about her issues, she even called herself psychotic at one point.

I'm gonna be honest with you guys, I do love her, she has a bf, when i went to help her I had no intention of either kissing her or anything else. I was the first person she rang, I'm quite worried about her right now, anyway my questions.

1. Why would she hop on top of me like that?

2. Why would she ring me first?

3. Has anyone else dealt with a BPD that's suffered rape?

4. DId I do the right thing in helping her?

I'm sorry this is a jumble. I wrote this in staying because I'm (insanely) in it for the long haul.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

enlighten me

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 07:27:10 AM »

Before I start I just want to say that because this is my experience it shouldn't reflect on yours.

My ex wife claimed to have been raped by her boyfriend/ my replacement. She described a horrifying ordeal in great detail to me. I ended up staying the night and just holding her. The next day we made love which I wasn't sure about but she insisted and said it was what she needed. This was the start of my recycle which ended 4 weeks later with me going back to work and then her filing for divorce.

I later spoke to one of her friends and discussed the rape. Her friend was horrified as what I described was exactly what had happened to her when she was raped two years earlier. This got me thinking that I never saw any of the signs that you would expect to see. There was no bruising or bite marks that she had said about. I spoke to her mum and her mum mentioned it but she said she didn't think it was rape as she had not had any signs and knowing her daughter she would have showed her. She never went to the police about this although she told a friend who was a police woman about it. This friend stopped having anything to do with her shortly after this which I found strange but now think she saw through her.

In my case it seems to have been an excuse to recycle me, to get attention from me.

waverider
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: married 8 yrs, together 16yrs

If YOU don't change, things will stay the same

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 10:36:30 AM »

my partner has called rape twice, once with her ex while in that RS.

The second at home with a guy that was staying over, I was asleep in the next room, with no sign at the time, claim evolved over the next couple days as she started painting him black for other reasons. Even filed a claim with cops, then backed out later being too "sick" to proceed.

Do I really believe either of them? All I know is I will never know the truth as she is incapable of being 100% factual. She felt let down and used by someone (even if only perception and hindsight) thats all I know.

Difficulty is that even in a real situation they can disassociate from it. maybe it was somewhere in between. Maybe inappropriate behavior that was exaggerated. At the end of the day you will probably never know.

You are talking a young teenager anyway, they are often quite capable of making crazy stuff up just to get a reaction, PD or not.

Reality is shared and open to debate, feelings are individual and real
christoff522

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 01:26:16 PM »

Well I heard on the phone a guy at the party saying she had been raped. Also, she says that she was passed out and woke up to him on top of her. This is very very bad for her as well, because its negatively affecting her, people are calling her a sl*t, also she says that even her mother is calling bs on this. I have honestly never really seen her like this, she was in absolute despair, and she is today. I actually believe this is real, her reaction was very much real. She hangs out with a lot of very messed up people, it's all alcohol, in the scheme of things it was only a matter of time. She's even said she's gonna stop drinking now. I think that this has really scared her.

Finally, she said earlier that her bf is ignoring her, whether this is the case or not now, a few hours later, it seems likely that this will begin a thorough devaluation of him.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest