Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 24, 2017, 06:51:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Moderators: heartandwhole, Meili, once removed
Member support team: DreamGirl, gotbushels, joeramabeme, Turkish, Woolspinner2000
  Directory Guidelines Glossary   Boards   Help Please Donate Login Register  
THE PSYCHOLOGY OF PERSONALITY DISORDERS
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is that intense stare, dilated pupils, crazy eyes?  (Read 1627 times)
Skip
Site Director

Person in your life: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2014, 08:27:41 AM »

Look in the mirror the next time you are highly emotionally aroused... your eyes will also be dilated.   cool

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT

This board is intended for general questions about BPD and other personality disorders, trait definitions, and related therapies and diagnostics. Topics should be formatted as a question.

Please do not host topics related to the specific pwBPD in your life - those discussions should be hosted on an appropraite [L1] - [L4] board.

You will find indepth information provided by our senior members in our workshop board discussions (click here).

HappyChappy
Ambassador

Person in your life: Parent

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2014, 03:01:29 AM »

It's funny but my relative in the Police had been trained to see dilated irises as a danger sign (or that someone is on drugs, or both). In fact only yesterday they pointed out someone on TV had "Psycho eyes". lol

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go. Wilde.
cbm419

Person in your life: Romantic partner

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2016, 03:46:27 PM »

threads like this is why i love this board so much.

I have seen the "crazy eyes" so many times... usually a precursor to a rage escalating from "just angry" to "absurdly psychotic." It would start with silence too, and for the person who said "its almost like they are hearing the voices in their head and cant handle it" i would totally agree with that depiction.

on the other side of the coin... that distant look when they've dissociated... seen that so many times as well.

Its just so creepy (but also empowering) to hear people who have practically the same exact experience I have had.
oshinko maki

Person in your life: Family other

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2016, 01:09:01 PM »

Wow, I just found this thread and am surprised to see that it is not just my pwBPD that stares. In my case it seems scary at times but mostly like she is in a state (dissociation?) that I do not understand. Correctly or incorrectly I do not know, but I normally take it as a sign to keep my distance physically and verbally.
Lucky Jim

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2017, 11:24:39 AM »

Friends, When my BPDxW was in this condition, I used to refer to her as having "eyes like pinwheels."  That was the best way I could describe it.  Now I understand from this thread that there is a biological basis for my observation!  Thanks to all, LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
SuperJew82

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 08:41:12 AM »

I know it sounds uneducated and silly to say - but I would have to completely agree.

My ex had "crazy-eyes" and the dissociative stare to go along with it. It wasn't just me. My best friend told me this the day he met her.

I think it might be that their stress levels are always super high causing facial muscle tension plus any dissociate stares just emphasize it.

It's like looking at the pictures that get taken on rollercoaster rides - > everyone has crazy eyes in those pics.
gjkopriv

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2017, 08:54:05 AM »

Very scary.........I know the last night we hooked up........after we were done and just talking...I looked her in the eyes and it was like she wasn't even present........she was staring through me....no emotion.....like she was a soulless person....... I never seen anything like that!!!
SuperJew82

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2017, 03:24:52 PM »

They are not soulless, just misconfigured in a very painful way.
Links and Information
CLINICAL INFORMATION
The Big Picture
5 Dimensions of Personality
BPD? How can I know?
Get Someone into Therapy
Treatment of BPD
Full Clinical Definition
Top 50 Questions

EDITORIAL DEPARTMENTS
My Child has BPD
My Parent/Sibling has BPD