Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 24, 2018, 01:49:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Acting Admin: Wentworth
Moderators: heartandwhole, once removed, Tattered Heart, wendydarling
Member support team: DaddyBear77, Flourdust, Harley Quinn, Mutt, Speck, pearlsw, Turkish, Woolspinner2000
  Directory Guidelines Glossary   Boards   Help Please Donate Login Register  
THE PSYCHOLOGY OF PERSONALITY DISORDERS
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wim hof method, yoga, diet and posture training (helped me cure my depression)  (Read 183 times)
lucky013

Person in your life: Romantic partner

« on: January 24, 2018, 12:01:23 PM »

These methods really help me move past my previous relationship, cure my addictive tendencies, over thinking, I've cut out alcohol, sugar and meat, and moved onto a mostly alkaline based foods. Drinking only natural teas and water.

By doing this i have really been able to level my dopamine levels to a normal level, its not an easy process but it is fairly simple.

Il do my best to try and answer any questions

I highly advise people checking them out, they are free methods to try. youtube has a lot of great videos.

I havent been on here for ages, look forward to hearing peoples responses.

Much Love

Lucky013

SamwizeGamgee

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 01:51:08 PM »

Isn't Wim Hof that ice-man?  The record holder for ice-sitting (whereas previously I didn't know that was a competition).  I would like to follow his story a little more.  I hadn't thought about the benefits in my healing path from what he might teach.  

Your post makes me contemplate how many was we as individuals have adopted to self-medicate / heal / cope / avoid / deal with / overcome a situation that we don't really want to be in.  It takes a lot.  And, it takes a certain kind of person to do it.

For me, I run distance - that does a lot to help on many fronts.  It gives me time to think, and space away from distractions. It also pushes me on an inward journey as I am conditioning myself to listen to my biorhythms.  I have started skipping breakfast everyday and fasting more.  I think that helps with general spirituality and awaking calmly.  Being in tune with my hunger has brought focus on my inward self, not to mention increasing my gratitude for food.  Moving out of the bedroom away from my uBPDw gave me the gift of restful sleep.  Reading self-help books and Buddhist books helps a lot too.  Getting a few tattoos gave me a boost in self-identity; and since they are philosophically and personally symbolic they help with all the above steps along the way.

Thanks for asking, and giving me cause to reflect.

Live like you mean it.
lucky013

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 05:24:13 AM »

Yeah that is the ice man. He went through a similar path with his wife, having difficulties with life and eventually took her own life.

He talks about how the breath and ice bring your body back into a state of not being to do anything but be present.

I think this is one of his best videos, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZaT0KUziq4&t=1s

I hope this bring you value smiley

These are really some of the best tools i have found to help me, as you understand all of this fully but if you can't get out of your mind. It will control you forever. This is my personal belief.

The two have to work together and realise that your thoughts aren't you and this really helped.

Much love
Lucky
Links and Information
CLINICAL INFORMATION
The Big Picture
5 Dimensions of Personality
BPD? How can I know?
Get Someone into Therapy
Treatment of BPD
Full Clinical Definition
Top 50 Questions

EDITORIAL DEPARTMENTS