Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
August 30, 2016, 02:18:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Moderators: lbjnltx, livednlearned, once removed, Turkish
Member support team: fromheeltoheal, Meili , VitaminC, Woolspinner2000
  Directory Guidelines Glossary   Boards   Help Please Donate Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5.07 | Dealing with ruminations  (Read 28628 times)
DreamFlyer99

Person in your life: Romantic partner

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 01:36:15 PM »

Even beyond ruminating and on into those gut-reactions I have when I see a truck that looks like my uBPDh's now that i'm out of the house--I believe I will use the silly name and pinch my ear when that happens since it STARTS me down the rumination trail. Currently trying to decide between "SillyPants" and "Bullfrog"... or maybe "Loquat" (such a funny word!)

i'm gonna try the file system for a couple of things.

Panda39

Person in your life: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2015, 10:51:45 PM »

One thing that helps me when I'm ruminating is to write it down.  I take the thought or dialoge out of my head and put it on the paper.  Then I can stop thinking about it for now and know just where to find that thought if I want to think about it more later

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and just said, I just don't care" -Pink
healingandmovingon
Fewer than 3 Posts

Person in your life: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2015, 06:19:18 PM »

I just went NC 1 1/2 weeks ago with the BPD man I was involved with for almost two years. Reading these posts has been very helpful. For awhile I thought I might need to get a restraining order, then he finally stopped contacting me and I felt so relieved and peaceful, like I was starting to move on. I started to feel happy again. But unfortunately I had a relapse a couple days ago, after I registered for Pinterest and saw his account ... he had a board of posts pertaining to him and the woman he is involved with (that he claimed was just a "friend," even though he was/is in love with her). It leveled me, and now I can't stop thinking and feeling resentful that he used me, emotionally abandoned me, betrayed me and replaced me with someone else once I had nothing more to give (and lied about it), before he had even moved out of my place, and is now seemingly happy while I am alone. 

I am glad to know it gets better, and will get better. Apparently I need to stay off the Internet!
disorderedsociety

Person in your life: Other

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2015, 02:34:24 AM »

I'm here now because this is where i need to be.  I can not believe (yes i can i am here) how OBSESSIONAL and neurologically trapped i have gotten in this situation.  I tell my self next week will be different, tomorrow will be different...   and find myself locked in.

~.

well above posts and workshop will be  helpful.  I need to remember to put my efforts here first!  And get on with my day, my life...  

Rather be a host to God, than a hostage to my ego.   Damn, that damage got me but good.  Okay, it is what it is.  You got to heal.  Let go man!

Its funny to think that the past and future are objects/stories the mind plays with. "Oh how they treated us, oh how potentially happy they may be in the future without us."

What I find most confusing is what part of this is to be taken as a lesson and how much of it is just food for the ego? Is there really anything to be learned or are these ruminations just mind fuel? 
Links and Information
ARTICLES
The Big Picture
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
5 Dimensions of Personality
BPD? How can I know?
Profile: Borderline
Profile: Narcissistic
Profile: Antisocial
Treatment of BPD
Get him/her into Therapy
Series: My Child