Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 07, 2024, 06:34:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: His "friend" has BPD  (Read 371 times)
shatra

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: October 03, 2015, 04:57:08 PM »

I learned that my ex has someone who has BPD as well.  My ex told me they are "just friends"  but he said she stays overnight with him, so I doubt that.  This person is very unstable and has a history of broken relationships, yet I feel jealous.  I am wondering ---

-----My ex and I have no kids together, and there is no reason for him to lie to me, yet I think they are more than friends... .why would he lie?

------I am jealous and thinking that maybe things will "work out" with them yet he has a history of broken relations and so does she. I hope this is unrealistic feelings/thoughts on my part... I am trying to remember that feelings do not always equal facts. So just because I fear they will work out doesn't mean they will.

-----WHat would the attraction be between 2 people with BPD?  The instability in each other?  I would think a BPD would at least do a bit better with a more stable person, not a less stable one!

Thank you for any feedback or similar experience.
OnceConfused

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 08:36:40 PM »

if your x is truly your X then why would you worry about your x? If he finds someone to be with, then should you be happy for him and his  happiness?
shatra

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 09:04:20 PM »

No I am definitely not happy. I don't know if he is truly my ex or not. My feelings for him did not just disappear because we are broken up.  A mutual friend said my ex does not have "happiness" with this "friend", but either way I naturally feel jealous.

Here's an analogy---if someone gets unjustly fired from a job, they would naturally feel upset. They would most likely not be happy for the boss and want the boss to be happy with a new worker
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest