Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 22, 2024, 06:25:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: medication and pregnancy  (Read 425 times)
heronbird

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: February 12, 2013, 04:35:31 PM »

I just want to say a couple of things I have noticed. First thing is that my dd is 25 weeks pregnant now, today we went to the hospital for her usual check up and the doctor said that he wants her to have extra scans, maybe at least three more. When I asked why he said it is because of the medication she was on, they just want to make sure the baby is growing properly. Well I didnt like to ask but what will they do if  he isnt growing propellent. Im a bit worried now.

Did this happen to anyone elses daughters?

Also, my dd has been so much better for 20 weeks now, I have been told the hormones help pwBPD when they are pregnant. So, why are we not looking at hormones for her after she has the baby if BPD rears its ugly head when she is not pregnant Idea

I was telling a friend of mine and she said she knew someone with a mental healthillness who did that, she got hormone injections or tablets and they really helped her

Any ideas?
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
griz

Relationship status: married

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 04:57:18 PM »

heronbird:  I also was on medication while pregnant with DD.  They did plenty of level 2 scans to make sure she was growing properly.  One of the things they look for is that the lungs are maturing at the right rate.  If not there are medications that they can give to help boost the lungs.  This is very much the same as when a baby is premature.  I won't worry too much but I would also ask the doctor what the plan is.

I think there is a definite connection with hormones.  DD always gets worse about a week before her period.  Her depression intensifies.  I have mentioned this time and time again with her doctor but they always just answered me with Yes that can happen.( Well thanks guys, because that helped a lot)

I plan on bringing this up again if DD finally does go back to see the P.

Griz
heronbird

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 06:02:14 AM »

Oh thanks Griz, its funny nothing about this was ever said before. I couldnt really ask  the doctor about my concerns because I didnt want to worry my dd. She seems not worried and that is best.

I cant believe how good she has been since she was pregnant, its like she is almost normal. (almost)

I do worry about this pregnancy because if anything goes wrong she will be finished, she wont cope.

Do you know that celeb called Katie Price, she seems a bit BPD ish. When she was pregnant with her first I saw her in an interview saying she was so depressed and was on meds. I wonder if thats why her first son has problems. Now, she is a loveley mum with him and he is still sweet. But she has the money to give him the very best.

So they do have meds, that makes me feel better. You might think the doctor could of told us that.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest