Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 02:56:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mixed signals from my ex  (Read 384 times)
LC1995

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: November 30, 2017, 08:01:34 AM »

I called her last night because I heard a rumour, And we got to talking, And me and her came up, She said "We can be friends for a while, and see what happens, I wanna see if you've changed."
I did some stupid ___ in the relationship.
Skip to today, she says "I got your text, I'll be a friend if you wanna talk, but that's all it can be, I'm with W now"
It's pissing me off, Major mixed signals.
Emotions

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 09:18:56 AM »

Hey LC, unfortunately it's not a mixed signal, it's just one you would rather not hear. Me and my ex are "friends" now and she is/ has seen other guys since we have been friends. I think mine anyway maybe yours too genuinely can be just friends so soon after a breakup and lose some of the intimate feelings for us. We may get replaced with someone else. If it's the first time she has acted this way, you can believe it might not be the last. Sorry to be bearer of this kind of news, and it may not be true in your case. It is true in mine and other stories I have read on this site. Don't take my words as definitive in your situation, just a possibility. Be strong and stay centered and find other things to focus on other than these crappy situations if you can. Good luck, peace
Emotions

Train your mind to be calm in every situation
Like an island that no flood can overwhelm
In these times we must act like the eye of the hurricane
"It takes a nation of millions to hold us back" (public enemy)
Lucky Jim

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 02:33:28 PM »

Hey LC1995, Welcome!  It sounds like you are interested in a recycle, if the opportunity arises?  Have I got that right?  If so, what makes you think it would play out differently than the last time?  Don't forget, part of the dynamic for a pwBPD is "I Love You/Go Away," so in a sense you are bound to get mixed signals, as long as you stay in the game.

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 07:29:58 PM »

Hi LC1995,

You probably already know this but if you want more than friendship and she wants to remain friends but is on an emotional level with you - she’s using you. Don’t let her take advantage of you there are plenty more women that will treat you  with respect and dignity.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
LC1995

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 07:29:22 AM »

It's so ___ed, She asked if my mother hates her, and said she gave her sex toys that she got when she was with me, to her roommate, and kept the letters I wrote to her, etc. It's like I don't know what she was trying to do, And I did assume she loved me, still. Oh well.
Mutt
Retired Staff

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 10:25:40 PM »

Hi LC1995,

Excerpt
It's like I don't know what she was trying to do,

She probably doesn’t either, she lacks impulse control and gives into to her impulses. Let’s say that she thinks that your mom hates her, a pwBPD see people as either all good or all bad and a owBPD split themselvees too. If she’s feeling shameful for whatever reason, is there a backstory there?

Maybe she thinks your mom hates her because she hurt you? She probably gave the sex toys because if they were around it would be a memento, be giving it away it doesn’t invoke feelings.

Same goes with you, she’s hanging on to the letters because it’s an attachment to you, it reminds her of you, I don’t think that at this stage she’s over you. She’ll never be completely over you because a pwBPD don’t completely let go of their attachments but she’ll stop hounding you if you keep defending your boundaries.

Are you done with the r/s?

LC1995

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 08:14:41 AM »

I'm open to a recycle, IF and only IF, She changes. If not, then I am done.
I like to think she misses me, I've blocked her since yesterday, and she'll be staying blocked.
Mutt
Retired Staff

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 10:17:46 AM »

I had the same idea, I wanted my uexBPDw to change when we were married. We can’t control someone else we only have control over two things, our thoughts and feelings. When we go through change everything changes because we interact and take things differently. I never say for certain that something is not going to happen, there’s always that 2% chance that it will happen.

I’m not saying pwBPD don’t recover but she may very well not know that she’s mentally ill or she may know and she’s in denial. My point is I’d move forward with  her remaining exactly the way that she is and with that in mind expect that she may change years or decades down the road.

LC1995

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2017, 12:15:32 PM »

I'd agree with that. The last part about her being in denial, especially. I said to her "You have a boyfriend, He'll take care of you" and She said "It's different". And mentioned that she got me a gift set last year, this time last year, before we dated. I can't help bt wonder if she still loves me, and regrets all it turned out, I said to her, "you're still in love with me" and she was silent over the phone. Nothing, No reply.
Bo123
Formerly "envision"

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 06:12:10 PM »

I think you are ahead of the game and have already figured out what is happening and that's great, now if a real break is what you want, you got it.  Don't let her get you chasing you and being a lap dog.  Her dating already?  Think she considered you in that decision?  It's tough but it could be a lot worse and you have the advantage now in this game of love.  Are you willing to bet when the odds are against you.  Would she even be different if you wanted her back and she came back or is she playing because your willing to play also.  I can tell you who will get hurt.  You know the answers.  Best of luck whatever you do, these things can be a circus, stay strong.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest