Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 03, 2024, 11:56:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books most popular with members
Stop Caretaking the
Borderline or the Narcassist
Stop Walking
on Eggshells
Journey from
Abandonment to Healing
The Search for Real Self
Unmasking Personality Disorders

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: need help with probate court  (Read 366 times)
PleaseValidate

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling

« on: July 14, 2014, 04:48:33 AM »

In a nutshell, my uncle died July 13 2012. He was my grandmother primary caretaker. Her remaining 3 kids promised to pay me for caretaking. I have all 3 of them on my voice mail making these promises.

Grams died a year ago this month. I have sent the trustee an invoice 3xs. Not only did these beautiful people never pay me for caretaking. They told me point blank to my face that they "lied." THEN told me point blank lied about including me as part of the estate (even though my dead uncle was basically my dad and my Grams basically my mom- I lived w them plus my BPDmo until I was 18.) Her trust was coordinated by her daughter who was also her POA. I did not see the final draft until I stopped caretaking.

I've at least gotten enough emotional distance and motivation to be able to go to probate court w my bill for caretaking. I probably wont challenge the trust although since they are all on my voicemail promising me, i do think i would have a case there as well.)

Does anyone here have any advice, knowledge, etc in this area?

Many thanks!

ForeverDad
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: separated 2005 then divorced

You can't reason with the Voice of Unreason...

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 08:54:41 AM »

One can but try.  (If you ask, you may receive.  If you don't ask then you surely won't receive.)  Is the case still open with Probate court?  Have you consulted an attorney who does probate/trust work?

Probably best to act before more time has passed.  The longer you wait, the weaker the court's response might be.

One thing you may have to do is give some proof when those statements were made.  Any unusual vagueness and it might weaken their acceptance.  In our high conflict family court cases we've learned that documentation is important.

For yourself, not to be shared with them, you may have to console yourself that you were true to grams.  You can hold your head up for doing a good deed, whether reimbursed or not.

Going forward, now you know where those relatives stand, it's not on your side, at least when it comes to money.  Be very cautious with any future dealings with them that involve monetary reimbursement.  Once burned, twice shy.

PleaseValidate

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 07:12:33 PM »

Thanks FD,

The case is not open but in my state, anyone can open w a death certificate and copy of will (her original will was filed in the 80's and mentioned that her house is not to be sold until I'm 21. I'm well past that now.) They did  not file her latest will as to avoid probate.

I am hoping the "verbal contract" voice mails will at least mean *something* they are all dated and can be corroborated w Verizon.

Most lawyers have told me that regarding the estate portion, that is a breach of contract so it's a civil court matter. At this point, I only want the caretaking payment.

I do have the satisfaction of loving and taking care of my grandmother and being the ONLY person present for the last 24 hrs of her life (my aunt her POA actually left the

hospital to do my grandmother taxes before she died so the money would land in POA account!)

This side of my family is just the most terrible people one could ever meet. This is not the first time they have lied to and manipulated me. They abused my Grams emotionally and financially as well. But of course I was "the problem" for reporting them to elder services!

Because I was starting a business when I also started caretaking,  this was unable to be followed through as she needed 24/7 care and had minimal internet access. I still suffer from PTSD after saying in the house  where i was previously sexually, emotionally and physically abused.  I did not want to stay there but my Grams had no help and would've been put in state services if i was not there. And there was a verbal contract to monetarily compensate me for my time.

These are not good people to say the least. I was barely speaking to them before,  spoke to them minimally after and have absolutely no desire to ever help and/or speak to them again. Especially my BPDmo.

I just don't think these people should yet again get away w emotionally and financially abusing me and this is my last chance to bring them a mere ounce of justice.

Yours on anyone else's input is much appreciated and desperately needed.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest