Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 17, 2024, 12:28:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to Hold It Together  (Read 336 times)
marchingon
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: March 11, 2015, 11:29:06 PM »

Hello.  I believe my wife suffers from BPD.  Both the information on your website and my therapist have me led to this conclusion.  At any rate, late last year my wife decided that she wants to leave the marriage.  I have been fighting her to keep us together ever since.  Some days she's receptive to it, other days he claims that I'm evil and she cannot stand being around me.  She also says that it's unfair for her to hold onto me because she knows she has done me wrong.  At this point, I am afraid of leaving her because of our children.  I cannot trust her decision making abilities.  I'd love for us to have a healthy, loving relationship, as I still genuinely love her.  Not sure what I should do.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

survivalmode27

Relationship status: married

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 09:05:34 AM »

sorry you are going through this. I have been with my BPDh for 13 years. We are on our second marriage counselor and both have diagnosed him with BPD traits. It is hard and especially when there are kids involved. My suggestion to you would be to get into marriage counseling. It helps. Life being married to a BPD person is nothing I would wish upon anybody. Just keep in mind it is a choice. And the other thing that helps me is when my BPDh is coming down on me hard, I think about how much harder it must be for him to live with it, then for me to live with it.
NGU

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Together since 2011. Married since 2013.

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 11:05:17 AM »

She also says that it's unfair for her to hold onto me because she knows she has done me wrong.

Think about her at a level mood. At that moment, does she still love you? If that's the case, then it sounds like she's pushing away solely because of her guilt/shame. Sound about right?

I'll second the idea of couple's therapy.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest