Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 09, 2024, 04:54:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird insecutities about my sanity.  (Read 335 times)
Recooperating

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up

« on: September 06, 2014, 03:59:24 AM »

Hi everyone,

Regularly on this board I read about people questioning their own sanity (was it me?) and I have struggled with that too. All the gaslighting and projecting and other manipulative tactics my exBPDf used on me, really made me question... .I am the crazy one here?

Earlier this week my ex sent me a "sweet" message and I broke NC and responded to it. I was nice, yet firm about my decision to end it and wished him all the best. Not what he wanted to hear ofcourse so it got ugly. He told me his T (she diagnosed him) said there was nothing wrong with him, I was the problem, I was the crazy one... .Bla bla bla. I replied that his problems were solved then... .Smiling (click to insert in post)

It still lingered a bit... .Last night my nonBPD ex (who I had lived with for 4 years prior to my relationship with my exBPD) came over for coffee. Although our relationship didnt work out we remained friends. Not close friends but we still have respect for eachother, still own a house together (couldnt sell it bc of crisis) and every now and then we meet up.

I ended up asking him if I really wasnt a total b___ and disrepected him. If he thought there was something wrong with me... .If I had ever put him down, manipulated him, was volitile to him etc... .He answered with a very firm NO! Even in normal fights it all stayed respectfull and civilized. He totally disagreed!

Isnt it weird how even out of the r/s we're still questioning ourselves? How we still are somehow doubt our sanity and seek responsibility?

I do think that I have issues, being too nice, sacrificing my own needs for anothers, letting my boundaries be crossed... .But knowing I am not a looney tune, that its not me who destroys lives... .Its a huge relief. It does really suck that I doubted that though... .

Infern0

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 04:13:46 AM »

Yeah the doubts on your own sanity are very hard to deal with.  I was wondering if I was some sort of creepy f'd up stalker but the facts are it was me who asked for space about 5 times and her that always violated that request. It was her who showed up at my work parading my replacement in front of me to make me jealous.  It was her who broke her own request for NC three times so far. It was her.

I know I have some issues.  White knight etc, and what's more I know why because of my upbringing and I'm working every day to change.

We are sane, we all know that.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest