Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 05, 2024, 10:26:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This makes no sense... Trouble controlling myself reaching for my ex... help  (Read 333 times)
Hurt llama

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: single

« on: March 22, 2013, 01:07:50 AM »

Quote from: Clearmind on Today at 12:28:03 AM

Sometimes we turn to the one who has hurt us for validation – it actually has the opposite affect Hurt llama – we actually feel invalidating. Part of a self fulfilling prophecy we hold about ourselves.

You are not alone Hurt llama – trust me – I have seen so many hurt souls come to the board will a similar story of pain and “addiction” to our BPD loved ones.

Where to from here my friend – what do you want for yourself? Are you undecided or are you wanting to detach and heal?

I see you have found our Leaving Board 

I get it... I really do... and it's good you remind me. Thank you. I have only 'proven' to her that I am 'crazy' as she always said and this validates her to feel somehow justified... .  if she even bothers to think about it.

it makes great sense that by constantly reaching for her (and i mean constant... .  ugg ugh ugh) that I am only making it worse for myself and leaving myself wide open to be really hurt again... .  almost anything she might say (she says little thank god) will only further to trigger me.

The 'good' news is that I do have a really great life... She and I were over long ago and I went to see her in October and then during Hurricane Sandy as I lay in the dark with no power, water, heat she disappeared from all contact... .  I had that sinking feeling.

She finally reaappears and texts, "No easy way to say this. I am back with my boyfriend. sorry"

and i got over it and we continued texting and being friends... until i started seeing someone and she said she can't handle it (not making this up) and then she came here and the rest is history.

To answer your question... I know the answer intellectually... .  at least... .  No, I cannot, will not be with her unless she were able to acknowledge that she has this condition and that she enter treatment for it and I would participate as well... But that's fantasy... .  in fairness to her, she can only be ready to accept the obvious when she is ready... she is in therapy but I am certain that she will not be truthful and it most likely not continue... but it doesnt matter in the end.

The maddening and embarrassing thing to admit is that there really is nothing in reality she could say to me to make me feel better... and that no matter what she said,... .  i would only at best go see her or she see me, have a wonderful magical time and she would sooner or later turn ice cold and blame me for things or trigger me to do something to look like I am crazy and so it would go forever.

I don't think I am over the top codependent but do recognize some of the behavior in myself.

I want to be able to get her out of my thoughts and my mind and heal.

We have been in touch and shared lives via phone, video text and seeing each other once in awhile every day for a very long time... I feel a huge loss of someone I was connected to in just so many ways.

Hurt llama

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: single

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 01:09:52 AM »

This is from the same thread I made before...

thanks for reading and I am glad I found this place.

==

Hi Clearmind,

I am in a pretty terrible place... .  of my own creation of course.

She came back to see me and for business and she clearly wanted to get me back.

I have to admit my part in the 'ending'... .  the night she was leaving she was all over me and we were having dinner... .  and i didn't want to have sex at that exact moment (we were all over each other that weekend) and as soon as I wanted to, she said, "I had to hear all about your dating and I dont feel like it. SOrry".

And I flipped out... .  all my anger from the past... .  not that she didn't want to have sex but that she was yet again blaming me... .  and it ended badly and then she immediately seems to have slept with someone after she got home, disappearing for 18 hours and then sending me a picture of her dog and another dog and said she is 'dating'...

and that meant she just slept with the other dog owner... .  and triggered me into total complete dispair.

I must have texted her a couple of thousand times and emailed as well.

And i hate to admit this but I cannot get this out of my mind... I was out tonight having a great time and texting her most of the night... she of course wont answer and of course she thinks I am crazy...

and she would not be wrong.

I have had these compulsive feelings of inability to stop reaching for her in the past and it's driving me crazy as it makes no sense and what could she possibly say to me to make things better anyway?

SOrry to share such things.

Thanks for asking...  

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest