Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 03:19:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New here. Introduction. Looking for support  (Read 348 times)
Tired11

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Living together

« on: October 18, 2020, 06:44:59 PM »

Hi guys,
I'm here to talk about my relationship. I'm not exactly new to BPD but I am still struggling with how I am coping at the moment with my gf diagnosed with BPD. I've had different relationships in the past, however most have been unstable and been with others suspected to have traits of BPD. We are trying to make things work and I am here mostly for myself and strategies and skills I can use to make our relationship better despite how hopeless it seems to be. She is desperate to change and make things work too and I'm still seeing that as a positive.
It's hard to know where to start, a lot of the blow ups start out with something small, or how she has interpreted a situation and so far I've been handling things calmly. I'll give more examples of how I've been relating to her in other posts. It would be nice to hear examples of improvement coming from other people's relationships overtime and how long it took to get it that far? Maybe my first question will surround that. Thanks Tired11
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest