Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 01:37:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Contemplating Goodbye Card  (Read 380 times)
nowwhatz

« on: February 03, 2013, 11:36:15 AM »

Hi Everyone.

Recently I am beginning to remember the good things about my udBPDexgf and have sent her a couple of non-chalant texts and am getting no reply (normal for the off periods).

Like a 'normal' person I am missing my 'friend' of 2 years.  I think limited contact where I maybe send her a text or try to call her (or accept her text or calls) once every few weeks is the mature and responsible way to go. However I am just not strong enough to not attempt to contact her more.

Even though I am not sending anything remotely close to an i miss u text or call... .  I am still chasing her and feeling a bit hurt by the no return communications.

I know she will contact me eventually soon to try to restart the recycle process (recycle 10? 11? 12?... .  I forget).

With valentine's day coming up I am thinking of sending a goodbye card... .  she will expect a valentine's card I am certain and maybe a goodbye card will help keep her away.

I was not missing her until this week... .  I guess I am remembering the 'good' stuff. I have temporarily blocked her number so I cannot send her a text or call unless I unblock her.

Any ideas or suggestions on the goodbye card?
Somewhere

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 11:44:57 AM »

Sounded kind of funny to start with.

But after reading your stuff. . . .

Yeah, get one.  But send it to you.  

When you get it -- From you, to you, you can know it is done, over, and go live a real life.  If you want one.

Newton

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 12:02:30 PM »

It sounds like you want her to give you closure as you are not able to... .  she can't/won't do that... .  I'm sure you appreciate that from your reading here... .  ie/sending the "goodbye" card will cause a reaction... .  possible recycle attempt which you can reject and thus feel empowered.  Isn't this about testing your resolve rather than hers?... .  

nowwhatz... .  I know from our past "chats" that you appreciate challenging questions... .  so here is yet another  ... .  

What are you frightened about?... .  

TheDude

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 12:04:31 PM »

However I am just not strong enough to not attempt to contact her more.

Yes... .  yes, you are. Dig deep... .  

Excerpt
... .  I am still chasing her and feeling a bit hurt by the no return communications.

If you already know what happens when you pursue, then maybe stop chasing her?

Excerpt
I know she will contact me eventually soon to try to restart the recycle process (recycle 10? 11? 12?... .  I forget).

Is this really something you want?

Excerpt

Be honest with yourself. Is "goodbye" really what you're trying to say?
nowwhatz

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 12:08:19 PM »

Sounded kind of funny to start with.

But after reading your stuff. . . .

Yeah, get one.  But send it to you.  

When you get it -- From you, to you, you can know it is done, over, and go live a real life.  If you want one.

Haha. Yes good idea.
elemental
aka "zencat"

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 12:09:07 PM »

What kind of response do you actually expect to get from her if you do that?

You know what you expect...

Personally I would not take a sharp stick and poke at a tiger with it.

If you really want to become detached, just go quiet and focus on your own life.

I used to be so scared to do this. But really, it will give you control over your emotions.
nowwhatz

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 12:22:30 PM »

It sounds like you want her to give you closure as you are not able to... .  she can't/won't do that... .  I'm sure you appreciate that from your reading here... .  ie/sending the "goodbye" card will cause a reaction... .  possible recycle attempt which you can reject and thus feel empowered.  Isn't this about testing your resolve rather than hers?... .  

nowwhatz... .  I know from our past "chats" that you appreciate challenging questions... .  so here is yet another  ... .  

What are you frightened about?... .  

Well Newton you are correct. At the last recycle in Dec I was almost strong enough to reject it but failed miserably.  Yes no doubt this is a test on my resolve. Apparently my resolve sucks.

She can't/won't close it out and doesn't want to... .  she needs to keep me around.  I want to close it out but it seems like I can't.  Logically I know if the recycles continue I will eventually be destroyed.

I am afraid that when she tries again (it is coming) I will fail again. 

nowwhatz

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 12:25:05 PM »

What kind of response do you actually expect to get from her if you do that?

You know what you expect...

Personally I would not take a sharp stick and poke at a tiger with it.

If you really want to become detached, just go quiet and focus on your own life.

I used to be so scared to do this. But really, it will give you control over your emotions.

Why were you scared to go quiet? That is where I am but am trying to figure it out. Thank you.
Phoenix.Rising

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 10:09:56 AM »

Fear, for me, usually boils down to 2 main things:  Fear of losing something I have or have had (her: idealization, sex, etc.), and Fear of not getting something I want (her, a healthy relationship with her, a better relationship, etc.)  Fear of being alone?

Nowhatz, my fears in relation to my ex are lessening.  Focus on the truth.  Focus on the pain that this relationship has created in your life.  Trust that the Universe will provide you with your needs.  It is ok to be alone because the truth is that we are never alone. 

seeking balance
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: divorced

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 11:06:17 AM »

Hi Everyone.

Recently I am beginning to remember the good things about my udBPDexgf and have sent her a couple of non-chalant texts and am getting no reply (normal for the off periods).

Like a 'normal' person I am missing my 'friend' of 2 years.  I think limited contact where I maybe send her a text or try to call her (or accept her text or calls) once every few weeks is the mature and responsible way to go. However I am just not strong enough to not attempt to contact her more.

Even though I am not sending anything remotely close to an i miss u text or call... .  I am still chasing her and feeling a bit hurt by the no return communications.

With valentine's day coming up I am thinking of sending a goodbye card... .  she will expect a valentine's card I am certain and maybe a goodbye card will help keep her away.

I was not missing her until this week... .  I guess I am remembering the 'good' stuff. I have temporarily blocked her number so I cannot send her a text or call unless I unblock her.

grieving hurts - it isn't easy, but necessary to detach.

I am kinda confused of how you view your texts or cards to her - is it not the same as the recycle you kinda say she does when she responds?

Faith does not grow in the house of certainty - The Shack
benny2

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 06:16:56 PM »

Today seems to be a day of remembering the good stuff and wanting to send a message according to alot of posts on here, myself included. Brush it off, the day is almost over and tomorrow is a new day.
nowwhatz

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 11:10:37 PM »

Today seems to be a day of remembering the good stuff and wanting to send a message according to alot of posts on here, myself included. Brush it off, the day is almost over and tomorrow is a new day.

Yes I think it was brought on my fatigue yesterday.  I only had a couple of hours sleep because I had spent much of the night before having a lot of fun... .  much of it with a 'normal' girl that I am really starting to like.

She is 100% opposite of my exBPDgf and has been sort of waiting for me for about 1 year.

I saw the T today and agreed that anything I had to say to the ex I have either already said or can be said in the future at the onset of her next recycle attempt.

I did spend some time writing a letter for the 'goodbye card.'  I almost sent it but put it away.

Yes tomorrow is a new day and I am looking forward to spending more time with the new girl on friday (she is making dinner for me and then we go dancing... .  it is wierd to be with a person who is nice to me). 

All in all good news I suppose... .  maybe will be transitioning to a different board here soon.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest