Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 22, 2024, 06:20:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: reverse a break up caused by someone elses manipulation  (Read 359 times)
Hedgeh0g

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: February 12, 2016, 02:13:55 AM »

I've been friends for years with a guy who has BPD we were that close I could get through to him when no one else could but our relationship changed he was even talking about us looking for a place together then I listened to the advice of someone I thought was a friend she said that he'd told her despite us agreeing together in the beginning to take our time that he didn't think I was really interested in him and she advised me to push him hard as I had no idea how to deal with him as a lover which I did, it wound up pushing him away (she lied). She played us off against each other to stop us being together and manipulated both of us which I have only just found out and I can't tell him as I will just sound like a jealous ex even though I have proof. He was lodging with her when we first got together but he moved out she convinced him as I am far from well if he lived at mine it would cause me problems so he was sleeping in his car while we were together she wouldn't even let him sleep on her bed settee on the coldest nights but once we split she then let him sleep on her settee. He was meant to move into a flat near me but out of the blue a room he already tried for and been turned down suddenly phoned him and offered him the room which funnily enough is near her place and miles away from me. I do love him very much and I want him back but I don't know how without making things worse I'm far from well myself and the situation is making me much worse I desperately need some help and advice before I wind up even more ill I know now I trusted the wrong advice as she now has what she wanted which was to stop us being together can someone help me please
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Scarlet Phoenix
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Together 9 years

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 02:53:50 PM »

Hi Hedgeh0g,

Welcome here! Although I m sorry it has been under such sad circumstances.

How are you doing today?

Have you heard from your ex since you posted last?

~~ The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; who strives valiantly; who errs; who comes short again and again ... and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly ~~ Become who you are ~~
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2014; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 10:59:52 PM »

A 3rd party selfishly inserting herself into your r/s certainly complicates things. Her actions were deliberate. His,.being BPD, were probably more driven by lack of impulse control or his core fear of abandonment, which she may have fed. She's the outlier, and you know her motivations, not much you can do about her.

How much have you learned about BPD? The behaviors are often what we react to, but we can be proactive by understanding and validating their core fears. I thought I did a good job with my former SO, until our r/s went off the rails, and the old methods no longer worked. Maybe this can help for a start:

The Do's and Don'ts for a BP relationship

Validation of his feelings can go a long way. If you communicate, start with validation (see here for more) and resist the urge to talk too much about your feelings or the situation at first.

T.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest