Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 06:11:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First post in "Leaving... "  (Read 336 times)
niimin

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: October 16, 2013, 01:13:15 PM »

I've been sitting on the fence for far too long.

I have been full of fear, pre-occupied at work... .and stressed about everything.

Wishing he'd follow through on his threats to leave aren't cutting it anymore... .

Today was the last straw (I hope), in a perfect world, it would end without incident... .I am not naive enough to believe that that is possible.

Wondering if all our families belongings will be destroyed when I get home... .if he will be there waiting to yell... .scream... .destroy things or finally cross the line and hit me.

gonna pick my son up from school so he doesn't have to go home alone, and have a heart to heart with him... .make a plan together and finally be accountable for my part in the relationship and what I have allowed my son to be exposed to.

have called my close friends and made sure we have a place to go... .I believe this is the beginning of a long painful trip... .but also the beginning of a new life for me
strikeforce

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 01:28:33 PM »

I wish you all the best 

You will look back some time from now and be glad you made the right decision  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
Lucky Jim

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 01:41:02 PM »

Hi Niimin, The first step in a new direction is always the hardest.  I admire your courage to make a change.  No one should have to worry about having his/her property destroyed and/or getting screamed at, particularly from one's spouse.  I should know: my uBPDxW smashed family heirlooms, punched a hole in the wall, threw wine bottles, locked me out of the house and yelled at me plenty of times.  I predict that you won't miss all the drama and that your life will get much more peaceful.  Good luck!  Lucky Jim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
SeekerofTruth

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 01:44:55 PM »

Think thru the various components of your exit plan.

Write out your objective steps to help you focus on follow-thru.

Know which components you have control over, and which components of the exit plan entail contingencies.

I trust you have an individual therapist to bounce your intentions and plans off of while refining your exit plan and getting the support you need.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest