Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 10:31:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A helpful reminder today  (Read 339 times)
thisyoungdad

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: October 23, 2013, 12:33:02 AM »

I have seen in the past few days as well as been experiencing it myself, that it seems a lot of us are struggling with the pain of feeling as if they moved on and are over us so quickly while we are left like a wounded animal on the side of the road while they drive away.

Well I am in both AA and Alanon and let me say it has saved my life in this process with my ex. Tonight I was reminded of something in my Alanon meeting that I felt was really important to remember and I wanted to share it here in case it might help someone else.

":)on't compare your insides to someone else's outsides"

I have heard it a lot before but not recently and I completely forgot it! It was like what others have been saying in those threads. They look like they are okay,over us, moved on or what not but the reality is they just LOOK that way. It is all a fake, but they do it so well it is easy to fall into thinking it is true (at least for me) that is becomes even more painful and then I struggle to get back out from it.

The reality is we are suffering, they are suffering too they just are able to mask it easier because they have a lifetime of experience doing so. The reality is though they are probably more miserable than we are and just can not admit it to themselves or anyone else. That really helped me a lot to remember that. And it is an easy phrase to keep around.
Ironmanrises

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 12:35:54 AM »

I have seen in the past few days as well as been experiencing it myself, that it seems a lot of us are struggling with the pain of feeling as if they moved on and are over us so quickly while we are left like a wounded animal on the side of the road while they drive away.

Well I am in both AA and Alanon and let me say it has saved my life in this process with my ex. Tonight I was reminded of something in my Alanon meeting that I felt was really important to remember and I wanted to share it here in case it might help someone else.

"Don't compare your insides to someone else's outsides"

I have heard it a lot before but not recently and I completely forgot it! It was like what others have been saying in those threads. They look like they are okay,over us, moved on or what not but the reality is they just LOOK that way. It is all a fake, but they do it so well it is easy to fall into thinking it is true (at least for me) that is becomes even more painful and then I struggle to get back out from it.

The reality is we are suffering, they are suffering too they just are able to mask it easier because they have a lifetime of experience doing so. The reality is though they are probably more miserable than we are and just can not admit it to themselves or anyone else. That really helped me a lot to remember that. And it is an easy phrase to keep around.

Underlined.

Bullseye.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

In bold.

Exactly.

It is a facade.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
thisyoungdad

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 12:55:09 AM »

Well and I know it just sums up everything we all talk about, but it sums it up so simply and so well.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest