Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 18, 2024, 05:29:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: had a thought break through so ill put it out there  (Read 341 times)
tnbh

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: November 06, 2013, 08:21:45 AM »

After reading these horror stories the past few days I realize I'm not alone. My story sounds like those on here. The thought that hit me like a ton of bricks is simple. WHY?

Why do I/we put up with such horrible things? In my case I realized that I don't really know my BPD. We don't share the normal things a healthy couple share. We don't do much of anything as a couple we just kind of exist under the same roof. We don't show one another love as a healthy couple would.I rarely see any good from this relationship. It has been an uphill battle from the start scratching and clawing for any resemblance of a loving RS. I am of the opinion that if I stayed I would ultimately be surrendering my life to her to do with it as she please. I have dozens of reasons why I left. I can only think of a few reasons to have stayed. Thanks for taking time to read this post. I hope it made some sense.
Learning_curve74

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 08:59:07 AM »

Hi tnbh. You're very insightful! I agree that all the stories here share a lot of similarities, and the one thread running through them all is that they were/are unhealthy relationships. Good job on the observation.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Why did so many of us stay with a toxic partner? There are reasons why, and figuring them out is a vital part of our healing and growth. Self-examination can be extremely uncomfortable, so I'm not surprised how many of us struggle.

You said that you left, tnbh, and it sounds like you had a number of good reasons to. Have you figured out the reasons why you initially stayed?

Ironmanrises

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 09:58:52 AM »

After reading these horror stories the past few days I realize I'm not alone. My story sounds like those on here. The thought that hit me like a ton of bricks is simple. WHY?

Why do I/we put up with such horrible things? In my case I realized that I don't really know my BPD. We don't share the normal things a healthy couple share. We don't do much of anything as a couple we just kind of exist under the same roof. We don't show one another love as a healthy couple would.I rarely see any good from this relationship. It has been an uphill battle from the start scratching and clawing for any resemblance of a loving RS. I am of the opinion that if I stayed I would ultimately be surrendering my life to her to do with it as she please. I have dozens of reasons why I left. I can only think of a few reasons to have stayed. Thanks for taking time to read this post. I hope it made some sense.

In bold.

For me... .

Lack of self love.

Had i loved myself enough... .

I would have not let her... .

Reenter my life in round 2.

Lack of self love... .

Also kept me in the relationship... .

Allowing horrible emotional abuse... .

Until she left again.

Had i loved myself properly... .

I would have walked away.

Hang in there.
zkirtz

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 05:30:21 PM »

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

why. Why, WHY, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest