Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 09:32:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does a strong emotional reaction mean something?  (Read 334 times)
DownandOut

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: November 25, 2013, 11:38:50 AM »

Past week has been tougher than usual, but I'm healing. That being said, I've been going over the relationship a lot in my head and one thing that keeps sticking out is a strong emotional response I was able to elicit from my uBPDexgf. We were in a hotel room in Europe after a night of fun, drinking and dancing. We had a great time and were really enjoying each other's company that night. We were kissing passionately much of the night and it continued when we got back to the room, were just about to make love, then all of a sudden she stopped me. She rejected my advances even though we were having such a good time and there was no other reason to not continue except for the fact that we'd had some blowups about her cold behavior towards me in the weeks prior and hadn't been as intimate. This time was different though. She was acting as passionate as I was and it's like she turned it off when it came time to "consummate" the great night, for lack of a better word. I flipped and basically told her I was done with her, not because of the sex, but because we had been having such a good time and really loving each other when she rejected me as if we'd met that night. I went to take a shower so I could get away from her for a while and she walked into the bathroom and apologized to me, hugged me and started bawling. She cried like a baby in my arms for the next 20 minutes. She told me that night that she hadn't cried like that in a long time. She literally cried her eyes out and I'd never seen her like that. I know BPD's cry to get attention or to play victim in an uncomfortable situation, and I'd seen her cry those types of crocodile tears before, but this time was different. She cried like a baby. I know we can't trust anything they say, but I thought about it and I was wondering if the strong emotional reaction was because of my reaction to the rejection or because she hurting so deep inside and I was responsible for bringing up these emotions that she was so deathly afraid of because I was someone that really was special to her?
Ironmanrises

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 11:44:58 AM »

You were getting really close to her and she to you, it is why she reacted that way. The push/pull behavior that would intensify. I experienced the same with mine, literally.
Naddred369

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 12:21:35 PM »

Mine did it when we got back together, first time we made love after six months she cried and cried REAL tears! She apologised for her awful behaviour over the past year and I really beleive it was genuine! I had never seen her so emotional... .ever! I truly believed I saw the real woman that night.

Thats why I let her back into my life.

The next day I had the push/pull of lets just be friends/we need to get on with our lives/I love you so so much.

Same old same old.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest