Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 02:32:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Preparing to Leave  (Read 337 times)
Mike76

« on: November 26, 2013, 08:29:02 AM »

I have been married to my dBPDw for the past 5.5 years. 

I have what I am capable to make this work my marriage work but I have decided to leave.

Next week at MC, I will share with wife that I can not longer continue our marriage.  This is going to be a shock and surprise for her.   I am concerned about her reaction, but I am ready for the worst.   

The reason for my posting and my biggest fear is the following.   I am having an extreme feeling of guilt.   I have a plan, I have support, and I feel I will figure out a new plan in life. 

My wife on the other hand is going to be lost and confused.  She hates her family, and really has no friends.   I realize it is also about me also, and that is part of the reason I am still stuck here, but I still feel this guilt.
Knowingishalf

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 09:10:36 AM »

I feel for you, I have just enacted my exit plan a few weeks ago.  I was overwhelmed with guilt leading up to the actual day.  I at one point sat down and considered unpacking the car, and giving up my plan.  I felt so bad for what I was doing to my wife, she had alienated her family, and most of her friends, and doesn't have the means or responsibility to take care of her self most times.  Oh and out of all the possible outcomes of telling her she surprised me and took the least likely... .

One thing I did not do was give her any warning, if I had I am afraid my plans would have been cut short and I wouldn't be out now. 

I think you need to be strong for you in this.  It appears you are really set in your plan and that is awesome.  I understand the guilt, that is the hardest part.  You need to stay strong for you it sounds like you have a good support structure lined up to help you out.  If this is what you want, I think at some point you will need to have to stop worrying about taking care of her emotional needs going forward as well.

Good Luck this isn't something that is easy even when it seems so clearly to make sense.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest