Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 04, 2024, 04:26:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What fun, peaceful thing are you going to do on your BPD-free weekend?  (Read 687 times)
kc sunshine

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« on: September 26, 2014, 06:18:19 PM »

I'm going to go paddleboarding on the river with my kids tomorrow and then go to dinner at my friend's house!

(trying to think on the bright side-- the weekend is looming kind of large and lonely in front of me right now!)

crookedeuphoria

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 06:21:26 PM »

I am going to a puppy mill protest with my daughters.
JRav59

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Apart 4 months

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 06:32:23 PM »

I am getting a mani-pedi with my bf and we are going to watch roller derby!
Mr Hollande

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 06:38:10 PM »

There have been ongoing rehearsals for a couple of months that concluded last week. The gear is packed and loaded and me and the boys are playing at a festival. No girls in the car. Being on stage always unearths things from my sub conscience and this is the first time playing live since the break up. Could be interesting. I predict a good weekend.
fred6

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 06:43:23 PM »

1st week of NC. Sitting here looking at bottles of Gin, Tequila, Bourbon, and Vodka. Deciding which order that I'm going to drink them in as I contemplate my future. Sounds depressing I know, but I have nothing else to do at the present time as all of the people that I love are gone and I have few friends. So that's that... .
Mr Hollande

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 06:46:55 PM »

1st week of NC. Sitting here looking at bottles of Gin, Tequila, Bourbon, and Vodka. Deciding which order that I'm going to drink them in as I contemplate my future. Sounds depressing I know, but I have nothing else to do at the present time as all of the people that I love are gone and I have few friends. So that's that... .

Just don't let any drink induced desperation and lack of judgement lead to a break in NC. Be careful chief.
fred6

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 07:05:06 PM »

Just don't let any drink induced desperation and lack of judgement lead to a break in NC. Be careful chief.

I hear ya boss. I'm gonna try my best to not break NC. She sure as hell ain't worried about me at the current time as far as I can tell. So any break in NC is on me 100%. I don't think that I'm desperate, I just miss her, the kids, and that damn cat. If Fredcat was here, I think that I'd be in a much better position, Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)!
myself

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 07:15:40 PM »

If Fredcat was here, I think that I'd be in a much better position, Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)!

A fun and peaceful thing you could this weekend is get yourself a cat.
Mr Hollande

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 07:18:49 PM »

Why then not make the weekend about getting yourself a cat? A cute little kitten to play with. I know nothing about how to actually get one but they're everywhere, aren't they? Can't be that hard finding one. Then you'll need a litter box, sand, food and bowls for drinking and eating. A weekend project before you get blind drunk.

Me and Myself think alike.  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

Also when you start drinking make it a fine whiskey or something. Get drunk in style.  Smiling (click to insert in post)
kc sunshine

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 07:20:06 PM »

Oh I LOVE that idea about fred6 getting a cat!

dakini9x

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 07:23:47 PM »

I'll be attending the Highland Games with my son, at one of our local parks.  Looks interesting, men and women throwing heavy objects around...    Saturday morning will include a a jog on the Greenway...   Really hard to ruminate when I spend most of my time reminding myself to Pick Up Your Feet and Breathe!
SpringInMyStep

Relationship status: divorcing

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 07:47:17 PM »

Right now imm enjoying some bourbon and good at the bar in my building.

fred6

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 08:48:54 PM »

Why then not make the weekend about getting yourself a cat? A cute little kitten to play with. I know nothing about how to actually get one but they're everywhere, aren't they? Can't be that hard finding one. Then you'll need a litter box, sand, food and bowls for drinking and eating. A weekend project before you get blind drunk.

Me and Myself think alike.  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

Also when you start drinking make it a fine whiskey or something. Get drunk in style.  Smiling (click to insert in post)

A fun and peaceful thing you could this weekend is get yourself a cat.

Oh I LOVE that idea about fred6 getting a cat!

NOO, I can't cheat on my little baby Jesus Fred with a new cat. I can't have pets at my apartment anyhow! I know Fred is probably a trigger for me, but he is innocent in this whole thing. And he loves the sh|t out of me, even if it's just because I feed him. He don't split me and find new supply, he's just my friend. He's my baby. How can I replace this?

SpringInMyStep

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 09:01:57 PM »

awwww... .he's a cute cat.  Smiling (click to insert in post)

Rifka

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2014, 10:44:34 AM »

Fred,

I agree with everybody here! There are so many cats that need loving hearts and it looks like you would be a great parent to a new cat.

There are tons at shelters that get put down daily, go save a life Fred and adopt a new kitten or cat!

Dance like nobody is watching. Love like you have never been hurt before.
Rifka

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 10:49:06 AM »

I went to see Pit bull and Enrique last night, tonight is a friends big birthday bash, tomorrow is another friends last of the 30s birthday. I am taking him to an oyster festival and concert.

It's great to keep busy!

Have fun with the kids KC!

Dance like nobody is watching. Love like you have never been hurt before.
Bak86

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2014, 10:53:48 AM »

Spending time working on my company, saw my brother and bought some painting supplies, gonna have a run tonight, might watch a movie and tomorrow i'm going for a walk through the city with my camera.

Tiepje3

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2014, 11:27:40 AM »

Had a really rough time yesterday, but Amigo pulled me through  (also on this board). Went for a long walk in the forest b/c a friend invited me. Took the dog, was good for me. Tonight it's me and the rest of the wine I started on yesterday evening. Tomorrow maybe a motorcycle ride. And then it's another weekend down, but many more to go... .  Day by day.

Oh, and also reading messages on this board and feeling sympathy for people in the same situation.

No relationship is ever a waste of time. If it didn't bring you what you want, it taught you what you don't want.
Deeno02

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2014, 03:09:34 PM »

Going nuts wondering what she and new guy are doing. FML. I shouldnt care, she doesn't,  but i do... .terribly so.
JB8888

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2014, 05:41:43 PM »

I just hung out with my longterm ex (who is now a very close friend) before my BPD ex. She's a non and remarried with a gorgeous kid and the coolest husband. She reminded me of me in a very happy and healthy relationship. Above all I was also reminded what it's like to be around someone who shows me the love and respect i deserve... .and completely made me realise what I have gained by walking away from the BPD drama. It's been a lovely night. It's not an easy road going through my current breakup but hanging out with good healthy people keeps me on track and I feel blessed I have some good past loves and other friends in my life with no drama or bulls***. I won't let this get the better of me, and if anything I should have known better. But it's all part of our big story, and lesson learned.
fred6

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2014, 06:58:08 PM »

Going nuts wondering what she and new guy are doing. FML. I shouldnt care, she doesn't,  but i do... .terribly so.

I find myself thinking about this sometimes. It's not a good feeling, but I do take solace in the fact that she will devalue and split from the new guy in time. The odds can't be good for rebound relationships that develop out of cheating on someone. Add in a cup of BPD and a pinch of depression and anxiety. Now you have a recipe for a train wreck... .
blissful_camper

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2014, 07:00:55 PM »

The weather this weekend is gorgeous. We're getting an early snow in the high country. I love weather like this. Dramatic lighting, and cloud formations.  I spent the day enjoying the scenery. Tomorrow, Fall cleaning!
Angelwings2012

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2014, 07:36:33 PM »

I'm going to breathe fresh sea air (been working indoors for two weeks pretty much solid) and eat a proper meal and sleep for an age! (Not necessarily in that order!) and then I might make my humble new abode (a room) more 'me' and just CHILL... And then I shall tackle Monday... Which I have nominated for collecting some personal things... I'm building myself up to that and with a good meal, a good sleep and some food, I reckon I can do it ;-)

High5 to you all... I think a drink may be in order aswell x
Popcorn71

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2014, 05:14:32 AM »

I went to watch a band that I have been a fan of for 30 years but have never seen live. It was fantastic. I kept thinking that I would have missed out on this if I was still with my ex. I find myself thinking of my life experiences now as 'swaps' with what I would have been doing. Like last night, I thought 'i would have gone for a meal somewhere with my ex because that's what he liked but I swapped it for dancing at a concert and doing something I had waited 30 years for'. No contest really!
Hebrides

Relationship status: Second marriage

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2014, 06:53:07 AM »

I so agree with everything above. I left my uBPD Husband at the end of last year - no - I fled from him. In doing so, I left behind three beautiful puppies. Then one died due his behaviours, it is too traumatic to write what actually happened - unintentional, but his temper was responsible. I had nowhere to live, no money, no job - but after talking to my dearest friends and family - I found myself a tiny 9 week old puppy. He is adorable - now 11 months old and lying next to me as I write. Animals just love you - they are uncomplicated and need to be cared-for. One never replaces another - but they help take some of the pain away.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest