Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 24, 2024, 10:54:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kept getting bizarre friend requests/Signed off of Facebook  (Read 405 times)
sweet tooth

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: June 26, 2016, 01:57:26 PM »

So I keep getting bizarre friend requests. After the first one that I discussed here was deactivated, a second one popped up.  Again, there were less than three pictures and was created that day.  The difference with this profile was that this profile had about 15 friends... .and all of them were second degree connections to me, no friends in common. That one was deleted a few days later.  Yesterday I received a third bizarre friend request.  Again, very few pics, created that day, only three friends, and none in common. It's happening way too frequently at this point for it to be a coincidence. I used to get those very infrequently, not three in a two week span. 

I decided to log off for awhile. I posted on my timeline stating I was doing so. I can't deactivate my account because I have some business stuff on there that needs to be taken care of through Hootsuite and some groups that I admin that would be given up if I completely deactivated. However, I logged off and deleted the app from my phone along with the messenger app.  I actually feel liberated and at peace for some reason.  It's as if I took control over the situation.

What will be interesting to see now is if the phone calls from numbers I don't recognize increase along with LinkedIn views... .
fromheeltoheal

Relationship status: Broken up, I left her

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 02:09:49 PM »

I actually feel liberated and at peace for some reason.  It's as if I took control over the situation.

Good move ST, and notice how it made you feel; the reason you feel liberated and at peace is because you took that control, took your power back, and good for you!
seenr

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 07:02:24 AM »

I have had weird twitter accounts follow me in the past & also a relative of my BPD ex has actually tweeted me & never deleted her angry tweet.

So, on Social Media, I no longer post unless absolutely necessary. Nothing that could be interpreted by ex as towards her.
sweet tooth

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 08:43:40 AM »

I have had weird twitter accounts follow me in the past & also a relative of my BPD ex has actually tweeted me & never deleted her angry tweet.

So, on Social Media, I no longer post unless absolutely necessary. Nothing that could be interpreted by ex as towards her.

Intriguing. I'm going to give it up for a few months and see what happens.
sweet tooth

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 08:53:37 AM »

UPDATE: I saw that a strange profile viewed me on match. I blocked my ex from both search and contact on there. However, I viewed her profile once before doing so. I didn't realize that you see who views you. I'm guessing that it was her through a dummy profile to check it out without me knowing she checked it out.

With that, I've had FOUR different platforms where I've gotten strange occurrences recently that didn't happen before the discard: Facebook, LinkedIn, Match, my cell phone. I also had a mutual acquaintance that I hadn't heard from in six months get in contact with me through FB. This acquaintance wanted me to go to an event in my BPDex's hometown. It seemed really fishy. My ex reactivated her FB around the same time and that's also when the bizarre friend requests happened. It seems like way too much for all of this to be a coincidence.

Is there a reason to this? I know it's a fool's errand to try to understand the motives of a disordered person. However, it's hard not to think about it or try to rationalize.
lunchbox123

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 06:05:32 AM »

I get bizarre friend requests on facebook all the time, in my case I am certain this has nothing to do with my exBPDgf so in your case the fb requests could be a coincidence too.
Leonis

Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 06:43:17 AM »

Sometimes, it could have been something you clicked on Facebook and hey spread like wild fire, especially if you use the same email for all those platforms.

Let's hope it's not your ex, seriously.
sweet tooth

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 08:24:41 AM »

I get bizarre friend requests on facebook all the time, in my case I am certain this has nothing to do with my exBPDgf so in your case the fb requests could be a coincidence too.

It's across numerous platforms and it only started after the discard.
sweet tooth

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 08:56:11 AM »

If it was an isolated incident on one platform I'd chalk it up to coincidence. My T agrees that it's more than likely her. Also, her ex-husband is nowhere to be found on social media, which makes me assume that she pulled the same nonsense with him (after learning him).
JerryRG

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 10:14:33 AM »

I noticed that my exgf created a new profile with about 4 pictures and no personal information and I'm sure she is using this to spy on me and or others. I immediately blocked her new site then noticed she was following me on twitter, blocked her again.

Be as shrewd as vipers and innocent as doves, it was my naivete that got me into the relationship and as I've been told I'm not people smart, (dumb, if you prefer a simpler explanation of my thinking).

I'm grateful I now have tools to deal with her, I was told in order to deal with her I would need a team of professionals and I went in sollow without a net, almost fell to my death on more than one occasion.

Hope you all are doing well and keep moving forward

sweet tooth

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 11:45:54 AM »

I noticed that my exgf created a new profile with about 4 pictures and no personal information and I'm sure she is using this to spy on me and or others. I immediately blocked her new site then noticed she was following me on twitter, blocked her again.

Be as shrewd as vipers and innocent as doves, it was my naivete that got me into the relationship and as I've been told I'm not people smart, (dumb, if you prefer a simpler explanation of my thinking).

I'm grateful I now have tools to deal with her, I was told in order to deal with her I would need a team of professionals and I went in sollow without a net, almost fell to my death on more than one occasion.

Hope you all are doing well and keep moving forward

Thanks, Jerry. I kept getting suspicious friend requests. When one would go away, another would pop up. I'm also getting phone calls (bare minimum once a week) from numbers I don't recognize. They never leave a message. I used to only get those about once a month or once every other month. They've increased significantly since the discard.
sweet tooth

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 02:35:52 PM »

I received another call from a number I don't recognize earlier today. It said it was from California, clear across the other side of the US. No message, of course... .

All of this makes me wonder about something: Her ex-husband deactivated his phone and she wigged out. I was present for that. Her excuse was, "I need to be able to be in contact with him in case something happened to my daughter!" Three things:

1. If something happened to their daughter while the daughter was with him, HE would need to contact my uBPD-ex. The burden would be on him to make contact. Whether or not she was able to initiate contact with him would be irrelevant at that point.

2. Maybe he deactivated his phone because she was pulling this nonsense with him, too.

3. He has no Facebook. I searched for him high and low. I found his sister's profile. It looked like he might have been tagged in some stuff at one time, meaning that he might have deactivated his account.

If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, what is it... .?
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest