Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 02:36:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you know they were a loser at the start? What exactly were you going to fix?  (Read 684 times)
diotima

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2011, 02:10:32 PM »

Bleeds: when I said that "if she is smart she will use the guy... ." I wasn't recommending it but saying it was a possibility. I wanted to clarify.

No, I absolutely did not know that my ex was a loser at the start. He has a successful career--so far, although he is probably on the verge of sabotage by not being able to write more books. It took some time--being accused of weird things and there being odd misunderstandings and abrupt rages and criticisms. I think he held that stuff in as long as he could so it took a few months and then the cycles of splitting and raging started. So by the time the bad stuff started I was very attached to him. Lethal.

Diotima
bf0207

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2011, 03:43:57 PM »

All interesting stuff. The 20 signs was really useful. Although I only had about half, it was early days when I got out (well, still trying to lessen the grasp!). Nearly got back with him, but realised that Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post)  are too great to ignore now.

Shouldn't have to think 'why is he saying this?' or 'why is he doing this?' 'is he manipulating me or am I going crazy?' on a third date!

Yeah, I feel sorry for BPDers, but I feel more sorry for us guys who have to pick up the pieces. I think if we decide to detach and leave, thinking of them in terms of 'losers' helps. Probably a bit unfair, but those we've left behind are losers. The ones who're making a go of things and trying are not losers though. Good on them for seeking professional help
RedRightAnkle

Relationship status: Single

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2011, 05:37:34 PM »

Yeah, I feel sorry for BPDers, but I feel more sorry for us guys who have to pick up the pieces. I think if we decide to detach and leave, thinking of them in terms of 'losers' helps. Probably a bit unfair, but those we've left behind are losers. The ones who're making a go of things and trying are not losers though. Good on them for seeking professional help

I don't think it's that unfair, considering a lot of those BPDers walk away with even worse perceptions of us than just "losers." Plus, the difference there is that a lot of them truly are losers - most of what they will say about us is either completely false or over-exaggerated. "Loser" is sort of a harsh term, but hey, for a lot of these people it seems to fit.
Clearmind
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2011, 07:01:14 PM »

When I first met him he was in debt but told me his plan to actively pay it off. I thought that if he had a place to live/love that once the debt was paid off we would live happily ever after. How wrong I was - his issues are way more deep seated than money problems.

DOH!

Chai67
Fewer than 3 Posts

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2011, 02:26:54 AM »

Mine was athletically gifted (and let's face it, smoking hot) and I thought I could do all the stuff he wasn't good at - marketing, dealing with customers, oh and of course I was going to "calm him down" when he got angry.  After all, he wasn't angry at me... .yet.

Now, almost a year later, I have an enemy who is doing everything he can to sabotage my life... .after I busted my ass trying to help him.  At least after reading these BPD sites tonight, I am no longer confused!
T2Logan

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2011, 02:03:01 AM »

She used to constantly say (well, still does) that she is a loser. I always assured her she wasn't. When I met her she wasn't in school and told me at 18 due to financial issues and her parents she was not able to go to college right away so she worked for 10 years (up to management position). Anyway, I helped her find financial ways to attend college and she is 3 years in, but still considers herself a loser. I personally didn't see her as a loser, though maybe I should've realized a lack of drive, ambition, and self in the beginning.
Beach_Babe
Also known as FriedaB

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2011, 05:41:16 AM »

why am i surprised at this outcome? She was a loser with a capital L 

trampledfoot

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2013, 12:16:42 AM »

Wow this thread really hit home for me.  My gf BPD of 2.5 years whenever we had our very first fight it was a few months in when i asked her what her goals or ambitions were.  She has none still to this day she has no aspirations ... .  ask her what she wants to be... .  she doesnt care doesnt think its important... She is very bright and has a college degree... yet says finding a job is impossible and continues to waitress. I have done almost everything short of dressing in drag and going to an interview for her to help her in the process.  However, all of me trying to help almost always ends in a fight and a rage.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest