Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 22, 2024, 03:03:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ex uBPDgf w/ new bf still tells me she loves me  (Read 404 times)
me757

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: March 28, 2013, 10:26:21 AM »

Had a weird moment just now. Was talking to my ex uBPDgf who has had a bf for about 3-4 months (1 week after our 5 monther ended) who apparently will propose any day and she signed off facebook saying "love you" to me. I responded back with "Oh really?" and that was it. I'm sure it was baiting. Pretty messed up situation especially if she gets engaged. I caught her telling another ex the same thing when we were dating and we got in a big fight. So glad to be out of this relationship.
DragoN

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 10:57:33 AM »

Excerpt
So glad to be out of this relationship.

Yes, that sounds like a good plan.

It's almost as though after all the craziness and whatnot, "I love you so much!" sounds more like, "the dog just farted."

Has the ring to it without the stench.
me757

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 11:40:05 AM »

She probably painted me more black since I didn't respond back with "I love you too." Its sad seeing the new guy already looking so desperate to please her. She's already cheated on him a dozen times. Since I found this site it's been like a blueprint for her behavior and brought as much closure as one can get with a borderline.
DragoN

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 11:44:19 AM »

Probably, But, it's not "Love" anyways. It's a feeding frenzy of the soul. Why sign up for that? Pity the poor buggers and count yourself lucky, she has another victim.
me757

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 11:52:59 AM »

Its funny how when you are so caught up in it, you can't stand to lose them... . but then when the fog lifts... . you think, what was I thinking? Since finding this site and realizing she is 99% likely to be BPD... I don't even look at her the same way anymore. Attraction has dropped a lot. I feel like if I hadn't have realized this that I'd still be wondering if I could have done one thing different to change everything. My relationship with her was only 5 months so maybe thats why this has been easier to let go 4 months later.
laelle

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 11:54:05 AM »

Excerpt
So glad to be out of this relationship.

Yes, that sounds like a good plan.

It's almost as though after all the craziness and whatnot, "I love you so much!" sounds more like, "the dog just farted."

Has the ring to it without the stench.

LOLOLOLOLOL  Smiling (click to insert in post)
blecker

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 11:58:39 AM »

7th and 8th graders do this "I love you" to different partners, different days for different reasons.

I was a seventh grader twice, once after 6th grade and once after 40. I hope to hell it was my last.

Good for you 757... . your trip was short and you seem to have landed on your feet.
me757

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 12:02:38 PM »

Whats weird is that she often acts like a little kid making weird noises.
wanttoknowmore

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 12:05:43 PM »

Me757,

This is not unusual for pwBPD to act this way. She wants to know if her hooks are still in your heart or you liberated yourself from her control. Its a test for her to see if you can be of use in case her needs are not fully met by the new guy. She wants to kep you in cold storage and during lack of food(draught time), she can possible warm you and eat. Its not good to respond to this bait. You dont want to remain in limbo.
jj2121

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 12:32:30 PM »

ha. my ex text me playing the victim and at the time, I gave her advice as,I was unaware of BPD. She was saying I love you and miss you after breaking up with me 2 months before,I then found out she had a guy over 2 days later, who she met the week before and she told me and try to explain it was a spur of the moment thing. This was a random guy who spoke to her somewhere,after she claimed the week before her drink was spiked and she was terrified of seeing anybody and not going out again for a long time. I then began to realise what a mug I was!
laelle

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 01:14:42 PM »

Me757,

This is not unusual for pwBPD to act this way. She wants to know if her hooks are still in your heart or you liberated yourself from her control. Its a test for her to see if you can be of use in case her needs are not fully met by the new guy. She wants to kep you in cold storage and during lack of food(draught time), she can possible warm you and eat. Its not good to respond to this bait. You dont want to remain in limbo.

LOL, you guys are on a role tonite. 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest