Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 03, 2024, 02:32:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: spending too much time on this board, bad idea ?  (Read 578 times)
Clearmind
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2014, 12:01:33 PM »

i am making an ok progress to get over her. but i am not doing good in probing into myself to understand my own behavior and correct it.

This comes in time.

When I got to this stage I just read the threads on Personal Inventory Board - it was amazing how things started to piece together. Start maybe spending half of your online time reading there! Can't hurt right?

Digging into our reasons for attaching is well worth the effort and big rewards (your happiness) will be reaped.

excuse my ignorance but where can i find the inventory board ?

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?board=27.0

cacanpoint

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2014, 04:34:46 AM »

it is really GREAT to have this board ! In times where you feel lonely and hopeless, reading other stories and trying to cheer them up is like a medication.

It is good not to feel alone in rough times.
woke up

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2014, 11:44:14 AM »

It's an addiction replacement and avoidance of dealing with the issue at hand.  After my breakup, I frequented the board a lot and could not stop reading books on BPD/NPD. I needed answers to why, how, and what was happening. I would read for 8-10 hours per day.  This too shall pass, but one thing you must do and that is to stop over doing the stimulants, ie coffee, cigarettes, drinking.  You may find yourself addicted to one of these things as a replacement for your ex, and prolong your recovery.  Also, get out and exercise, exercising releases tension and stimulates the production of several feel good chemicals in your brain.  It also allows you to think a bit more clearly. 
Infared

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2014, 11:55:57 AM »

I thought the same. It would make matters worse if you didn't use this site. You have to be at a stage when you're tired of talking about her, tired of researching and questioning yourself!

I still google 'abusive relationships' and try and find videos on YouTube. I still message here & I'm in contact with a passed member who used to use this site.

If you notice my posts, they stopped for a while, because I was at a stage of when I had nothing left to say or think about it. I was moving on! Then, she appeared as she always does & look who's back on here... . me! Not her! She's gone back to my replacement , whilst I'm left questioning everything again! Pining for her & wondering if I'll ever meet anyone like her again.

I will meet someone new, and so will you.  Someone who will love us for who we are. Our lives won't be a constant battle, but it will take time!

You just need to chill and let the process take it's course.  We have time.

I can really relate to you.   I was not here before... It would have been good if I had had a tool like this back then it would have been so helpful.  I found this site when my ex pwBPD tried to make contact with me in a planned ambush in a parking lot.  I avoided the contact... . but it took me back and shook me up... . I still have that longing for what I felt for 5 years with her.  Coming here people understand our feelings and experience. I also think that many of us have our own things to work on because we got involved with a BPD person in the first place.

I find coming here to be soothing.  ... . and I feel for you having to go thru another cycle.  I identify with all of your feelings.  Liked the movie clip... . there are some good awarenesses there.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest