Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 07:19:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Near or in break-up mode?
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Poll
Question: will this get easier
yes - 1 (100%)
no - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Break up...  (Read 348 times)
Dmark

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: April 24, 2017, 10:09:19 AM »

I have had this on/off relationship with an addict BPD.  I have been hurt and I have hurt.  Nothing seems to get better. there is no trust and lies on top of lies. I went through her phone and found some things that would not be tolerated in any relationship. I am no angel and do not claim to be.  We have done this so many times that it seems normal.  I want to be with her forever and want to believe we can work it out.  Then reality sets in and I know that it wont and cant work.  I really didnt know what I was getting myself into, but it was too late.  I fell in love.  Im told that we can only be happy with someone else when we are happy with ourselves.  I do believe this in some ways.  In the beginning of the relationship, I was quite happy with myself.  I had lost a lot of wt and had a good routine at the gym as well as eating habits.   In the beginning of out relationship, her parents seemed to be the focus of all her anger. Over time I have noticed that I became the focus.  I was the problem and I was mentally unhealthy as well.  There are so many things that I didnt realize about myself and the one that I love most is telling me them... How could I not believe it and even see what she is talking about.   I found myself distancing from my parents, thinking that they are a part of my problems.  I just feel lost and not sure what my next step should be.  A part of me feels like its time to move on and forget about her all together and the other cant bare the thought of never holding her or smelling her again.  There is a lot more to say, and I feel like I could go on forever. I just wish I knew how to make it work.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

livednlearned
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 01:43:39 PM »

Hi Dmark,

Being in love with an addicted BPD can feel like an addiction of its own 

What are the fights usually about? Who is the one who does the breaking up?

It takes a lot of strength to not be emotionally injured in these relationships. Taking care of yourself needs to be job one so you can weather her emotional pain without it crippling you. Are you still working out and eating well?

Are you in touch with your parents?

Glad you found the site. You're not alone.

LnL

Breathe.
Dmark

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 08:11:55 AM »

So torn... .i am trying so many things to keep myself busy and nothing thinking of my ex... .It gets very difficult at times.  Most of my friends have gf's and kids and are understandably busy. 

On the other hand and in a more positive note. I feel as a great weight has been lifted.  I do have more energy and feel less stressed.   I have all the answers I need I just need to listen to the facts and keep positive.

It also feels good to let this out. Smiling (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest