Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 16, 2024, 03:32:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not a great Social circle  (Read 408 times)
Whichwayisup

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: April 02, 2013, 05:49:10 PM »

Hi,

I am building a lot of evidence, documentary from text and commentary on my thoughts as I perceived them and the impact on the kids behaviour. I am concerned that even if I can demonstrate her overbearing impact on the children's development that for obvious reasons, as I have been/felt isolated, I don't have many friends and I moved here so am without any other family - How doe this get looked at in these instances?

my uBPDW has symptomatically got lots of acquaintances to offer the kids almost limitless visits to others' homes... .  

Cheers,

Whichwayisup
krista8521

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 06:15:50 PM »

Hello,

You know I dont think it's the quanity of outside sources that are ever looked at, but the ones that are negative that are mentioned in these situations.

I worked with Youths in a Residential facility for a time, I am not a therapist but part of my job duties was to read all the background information for each child that was admited to our facility. This included psych evals of the child, parents, relatives etc... . never did I read anything about parents friends, unless they were a threat to the child.

I wouldnt worry about this, but possibly go on your cities web site and find the local activities that are up coming, pick up some fun ones that the kids would enjoy and are free or cheap to participate. You will also meet others and get the kids out and about in the community.

Good luck
Whichwayisup

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 06:25:03 PM »

That's good to hear Krista8521

I have in recent weeks been taking the kids out on walks, to play centres and fast food outlets in an attempt to get them out of black cloud lingering over the house Smiling (click to insert in post)

I am supportive of her taking them to others' but am conscious of having to focus on developing my own social activity as I have been her polar opposite for way too long... .  

Whichwayisup
marbleloser

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 08:06:24 PM »

If they're old enough,get them involved in team sports.Instant friends and acquaintances for you and the kiddos Smiling (click to insert in post)

Nothing replaces quality time with a parent though.
Whichwayisup

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 01:12:18 AM »

Yep, that was what she has done, football for the S15 and dance for the two younger girls, now she has an even wider circle of "friends" to flit between. 

I suspect that I will be treated as the outcast amongst them once I make solicitors aware of the things I have had to live with.  She's been with thenkids at her parents for only 24hours and I'm trying to remember incidents and things being broken around the house... .   I seem to have forgotten quite a lot in the name of protecting her and covering it up... .   Im going to tell the truth now... .   My mind has been racing... .  

Whichwayisup
sad but wiser

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: divorced

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 01:19:31 AM »

Whichway - that is how it is at first.  You worked so hard at protecting her image, even from yourself, that you actually cannot recall many important things.  It comes back after a little while.  Sadly, you start remembering a whole list of things you had forgotten.  Then you will probably get angry and upset, mostly at yourself.  Live and learn.  You cannot undo what has happened.  You cannot go back, so you must move forward.
marbleloser

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 07:24:44 AM »

You don't have to tell her friends anything.If she's got problems,I'm sure they already know about it.

I thought I'd be outcast as well,but to my surprise,everyone has been great.They've all put a lot of distance between themselves and her,because now they see how she truly is,without me there to pick up the pieces. Smiling (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest