Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 03, 2024, 09:31:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books most popular with members
Stop Caretaking the
Borderline or the Narcassist
Stop Walking
on Eggshells
Journey from
Abandonment to Healing
The Search for Real Self
Unmasking Personality Disorders

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update: Proud of myself/have more self-worth  (Read 1019 times)
MaroonLiquid

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2018, 12:55:18 PM »

Interesting turn of events.

How did you go about leaving the door open?  

I told her that I appreciated her honesty and understood where she was coming from.  I told her that I didn't want her doing anything that she wasn't comfortable with and respect her convictions.  I then said, "if something changes I would love to see you again."  

Did she "cut it off" or is she just "thinking about cutting it off"?

She sent me a long text.  it started with, "ML, I have been thinking hard about this for two days and I don't think we are a match... ."  And "I am pretty sure I want to raise my kids Catholic."  That tells me she was struggling with the decision by putting "don't think" and "pretty sure".  I'm not going to overthink this though.  
She explained her convictions about wanting to raise kids Catholic and she understood and respected that I was an ordained Non-Denominational Minister.  She then said, "Good luck in your search and I believe your girl is out there for you!"  So she "cut it off" I would say.  I'm going to leave her with that.  It kind of sucked because she was pretty awesome and we had a great time.  it is what it is... .

So... .when is your next date... with a new chick?

Haven't set one up yet.  Going to start working on that.

Just so you know, I tend to use my knowledge of "push/pull" to attempt to keep my wife in more of a "pull" position, while I kinda stay aloof.

Things are much more stable in my home when that dynamic is present.  Sometimes I feel a bit manipulative by doing that, yet I remind myself to be pragmatic... .and enjoy the relative calm.

To be clear... .what is going to happen when you get "closer" to your ex?

FF

I get it.

We both like to have sex, and the sex is great.  i don't feel emotionally tied to her much anymore, plus, I'm single, and she's single... .I say, WTH?  that's all it is to me... .I don't feel bad about it either.  Maybe I'm wrong?   Smiling (click to insert in post)   When I start to date someone and it looks like its exclusive, then obviously I will change that.  

Afternoon MaroonLiquid,

"... .my uBPDex, they must have some kind of radar to know when we are looking elsewhere ... .she started texting me, sexting me, and now inviting me a bunch of places ... .they don't want you but don't want anyone else to have you.  Ridiculous... ."

Yeah, Classic !

At least they are consistent in that regard  

Take care M-Liquid !

Red5

They are definitely consistently inconsistent!   Smiling (click to insert in post)  Thanks Red!
MaroonLiquid

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2018, 01:18:38 PM »

We both like to have sex, and the sex is great.  i don't feel emotionally tied to her much anymore, plus, I'm single, and she's single... .I say, WTH?  that's all it is to me... .I don't feel bad about it either.  Maybe I'm wrong?   Smiling (click to insert in post)   When I start to date someone and it looks like its exclusive, then obviously I will change that.  

This makes me look like an ass after re-reading it and I didn't mean for it to come across that way.  There is some truth to not having to "work for it" as to why I'm still doing it. Plus, when I was talking to the other girl, I wasn't talking to my ex... .
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest