Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 10:49:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blocking on FB, what can I expect?  (Read 372 times)
b_girl

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: May 14, 2013, 02:13:23 PM »

I've had enough of his stalking me on FB so I'm going to block him. I want to do it this weekend but he knows where I will be then and I'm worried about his reaction. So, because I'm leaving for a holiday in six weeks for nearly a month, should I wait until then? I don't know if I can stand it until then, however I have already stopped receiving any notifications from him and have restricted him from seeing my posts.
Clearmind
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 05:19:10 PM »

b_girl - is there a reason why protecting you is less important to you than protecting him?

b_girl

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 05:34:29 PM »

I'm not worried that he will be upset (I'm past that and think I will feel hysterical relief when I know that I am free). I'm worried that he will rage and come looking for me.
Siamese Rescue

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 09:35:43 PM »

how do you know he's stalking you on Facebook?
b_girl

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 02:56:20 AM »

Because he posts memories of our time together, things that I have talked about, things about my family and then iif I try to get through to him he flips and threatens me using songs/posts. Its a constant push-pull on there I've been living with this for 5 months and I am weary of it all.
Iced

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 03:22:56 AM »

If you've had enough, then block him.

Not responding, though, to his posts on FB (I'm assuming that's what he's doing from your descriptions) ever again and not checking his FB ever again will help also to break-break the cycle of 'post-and-get a response-post-and-get a response' and will help to give you a break from him from FB.

Make sure you're in a safe place and around safe people who know the situation and be ready to call in the police if he's the sort to get violent if you think the situation might escalate like that.

Program his phone number to either be silent or a specific ringtone (silent works best, then you can just ignore him without realizing you're ignoring him) and DON'T PICK UP if he calls.

Same for emails; set a filter where all of his emails get filtered into a specific folder and DON'T READ THEM if he sends them.

Pre-emptively block him on IMs/chat clients, etc, and put him on Ignore lists for everything else you can't block.

Basically, BLOCK HIM (and stay away from him if you've really had enough) and DON'T RESPOND TO HIM if he decides to go into an Extinction Burst phase and try and get in touch with you.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest