Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 22, 2024, 07:17:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good days and bad days, do you miss her/him all the time?  (Read 452 times)
Hlinthewiking

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: In a relationship living apart

« on: February 04, 2017, 09:00:43 PM »

I really have been struggling with this, I mean, I love her always, but when I'm in a good day, I grief her and miss her, but I know I did the right thing, I know I'm in a better place, I'm healthier, not walking on egg shells and free to do what I want to do.

On bad days however, it feels like I'm desperate, that I have lost the shine of my life, living in black and white and all the color is gone, that nothing will make me better other then her. I feel like she's my soul mate and I'll never find someone that I feel so connected to.

Today for example I didn't even want to leave the house or take a shower or interact with anyone whatsoever.

I just wonder if this was normal and wanted to get a perspective from you guys about how you are grieving your losses.
joeramabeme

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: In process of divorcing

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 09:37:43 PM »

I just wonder if this was normal and wanted to get a perspective from you guys about how you are grieving your losses.

Hlinthewiking

Yes, you are normal.  Grieving the loss of a r/s, even a dysfunctional one, is difficult.  IMO, compared to other r/s', grieving a BP r/s has been multiples more painful.

I think there is something about this r/s style that plugs into early childhood stuff for us non's.  We get something from it that other r/s' do not give us and though the waters are turbulent, they are also comforting at some level of our psyche.

I think there are 2 parts to the process - both difficult.  One, just letting go and acknowledging,as you have done, that it was not good for us.  Second, figuring out what about the r/s has us so hooked.  Again, both hard to do and both take time. 

There is no "right" way to grieve and it takes as long as it takes.  Having this site helps us not to get stuck in that process and provides some insights into what got us locked in to begin with.

I was supposed to go away for Xmas and never did as it was my one year divorce anniversary and I just wanted to sleep - and so i did.  Feeling better now but it can be changeable.  And like you, I still love her and have times that I wonder if the best has already come and gone.

Overall this is what I can definitively say; over time the grieving is less frequent, less intense and less duration when it happens.  I can still get waves that wash over me, but they recede quicker than before.

You are on course to recover.  How long has it been for you?
noideaforname

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 09:39:11 PM »

For me its being like that... .
one month out of the r/s and somedays i can't even eat... .on other days i feel kinda ok.
I think its a process, for some people its faster and for other slower.
One thing i learned and maybe you can try to, is to not be too hard on yourself.
No matter how long it takes everybody will get out of this situation in a better place... .and with a lot of self knowledge.

For me... .each day i have better times than the last... .even if its only minutes, there will come the day she will not be on my mind every hour.
bus boy

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 05:09:34 AM »

Everything your feeling is normal. Grieving the loss of a loved one is a process not an event. It takes time, everyday, the longer you maintain N/C the better you will feel. I had countless days I wouldn't leave the house, wouldn't eat, shower, just lay around and sleep. My mind wanders into why Xw and my replacement are still going strong after a year 1/2, but I can't stay in that place long or I will get lost. I tell my self we were a bad combination, I know how bad she treated me and that's all that matters. You will look back a year from now and say wow, look where I am compared to where I was.
blueblue12

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 03:08:10 PM »

I am coming on to two months since my separation and started NC a month ago. I think about her every day, I still have dreams about her most nights, as soon as I wake up I am thinking about her! I was in a relationship/marriage for ten years! How do you get over that? The last year was terrible, I was the monster and she detached completely for the entire year! While I tried and tried to fix things... .unbeknown to me at the time, had no idea about BPD that they were never going to be fixed! I really want to move on, but at times, most times, I am still stuck in thinking fondly of her, her nice side, which to be honest was not there that often specially in the last few years... .
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest