Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 01, 2024, 10:51:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: E-mail reply from ex-friend  (Read 353 times)
SummerStorm

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Friend

« on: November 24, 2017, 04:26:09 PM »

I sent my ex-friend an e-mail yesterday (Thanksgiving).  It just said "Happy Thanksgiving" in the subject, and that was it.  Early this morning, I woke up to find a reply from her.  It just said, "Same to you."  It actually caught me off guard because I figured she had also blocked my e-mail address, even though neither one of us really ever uses e-mail.   I sent a "thank you," and that was that.  At this point, I'm content to be in a place where we can be cordial with each other, and it has helped to give me some closure.  I really don't think I'll be hearing from her again, and I'm not going to press the issue and continue to e-mail her.   I feel at peace, knowing my holiday wishes did reach her and that they were not viewed in a negative manner. 

So when will this end it goes on and on/Over and over and over again/Keep spinning around I know that it won't stop/Till I step down from this for good - Lifehouse "Sick Cycle Carousel"
Pegasis722

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 09:10:40 AM »

Nice work! Being the bigger person and acting with love is the way to go!
SummerStorm

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 04:13:00 PM »

Nice work! Being the bigger person and acting with love is the way to go!

Thanks.  I'm definitely not painted white, but at least I know she's not slandering my name or anything like that, which makes me feel better.

So when will this end it goes on and on/Over and over and over again/Keep spinning around I know that it won't stop/Till I step down from this for good - Lifehouse "Sick Cycle Carousel"
Harley Quinn
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

I am exactly where I need to be, right now.

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 05:27:12 PM »

I'm pleased for you SummerStorm.  It must be a big relief to know you can at least share well wishes without being ignored or receiving any backlash.

Love and light x

We are stars wrapped in skin.  The light you are looking for has always been within.
SummerStorm

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 12:08:59 PM »

I'm pleased for you SummerStorm.  It must be a big relief to know you can at least share well wishes without being ignored or receiving any backlash.

Love and light x

Yes, it is.  Also, I had written her a letter and planned on sending it to her in a Thanksgiving card, but I ultimately ended up deciding not to, and I do think I made the right choice.  I don't think it would have been received well, despite the positive tone of it.  The email I sent instead was short and to the point.  For too long, I've been letting my ex-friend's mother's perceptions and beliefs (she thinks that my ex-friend magically recovered from BPD just because she acted 'mature' the last time she saw her, two months ago) shape my own beliefs, and I can't do that anymore.   Her mother thought I should send a letter and thought that my ex-friend would suddenly see the truth and emotion in my words and decide to be friends with me again, but I think it would have had the opposite effect.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest