Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 03, 2024, 10:17:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lies  (Read 346 times)
Aurora8

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: January 19, 2014, 05:36:59 PM »

So... . After a couple months recycling on/off every 1-2 weeks, each time learning to detach more, I think I finally see him as the sick man that he is. I have no evidence he ever cheated, and I always thought that the one thing we had was honesty. He is soo good at talking and owning his faults and since he is in treatment, I kept up some hope. The last rift was catching him outright in a lie. I began to question past stories and began to realize that I didn't trust him. Duh! We were not back together, but talking. He continued to say his goal in getting better, was to one day be the man I deserve... Yada yada. Well, yesterday I learned something about his past  and asked him about it. He was in a place where he could either  fuss up that he had lied about something in the past, or create a new lie in the present, to cover up. He choose to lie (made up a whole story to support it). I told him I didn't believe him and cornered him with my logic and proof. He lied again and then sent me an email with the full story, admitting he's deceived me a lot, then ending with a sorry and a goodbye. Said all his lies were in order to keep me etc. Then awhile later, these were our final Facebook messages before I blocked him for good:

BPDx: I know you already know this, but I want you to hear it-you didn't believe my lies because you're a fool, but rather, because I'm a master manipulator. Sometimes I find myself lying about things for no reason at all. I'm a very sick person, and I'm sorry to have inflicted myself on you. Forget me, detest me, don't waste a thought on me. Goodbye, my love.

Me:  You sound proud of yourself... 'Master Manipulator' this was all a joke or game to you? I AM A FOOL. But I will forget you. In fact, I just took a dump, named it after you, and flushed it away. You are pathetic

Him: No, I'm quite ashamed of myself, actually. It was not a joke or a game. It was me doing everything I could to have you. I'm sorry. Goodbye.

Something about this has helped me see him differently. It's like the smoke dissipated and I saw him without the mask of who he pretends to be (and who I want him to be). I don't want him anymore. I've said that before though... . So I've lost a little confidence in my never again statements.
fromheeltoheal

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up, I left her

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 05:58:11 PM »

Said all his lies were in order to keep me etc.   Pretty self-aware for a borderline, and probably true, since fear of abandonment is the core of the disorder.

I'm a master manipulator. Sometimes I find myself lying about things for no reason at all. I'm a very sick person, and I'm sorry to have inflicted myself on you. Forget me, detest me, don't waste a thought on me. Goodbye, my love.  Now there's some more honesty and some closure, more than most of us got around here.

In fact, I just took a dump, named it after you, and flushed it away. You are pathetic  WooHoo!  No love lost there.

I don't want him anymore. I've said that before though... . So I've lost a little confidence in my never again statements.  The wheels have definitely come off this relationship; are you conflicted?

sun seeker

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 06:00:23 PM »

Yea I've been here to many times. Sorry your going through this. I also lost confidence in my never agains. But the cool thing is once you stick to it the confidence comes back. Hang in there auroras you have made the right move for yourself... Great post keep it up! Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest