Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 08, 2024, 12:27:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here we go again… What to do?  (Read 3593 times)
formflier
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2021, 05:06:49 PM »

to put this in perspective, at least from my perspective...I hope you have at least 5 walks together in the next 3 weeks and I hope you have EXACTLY ZERO discussion about "declaration of intent"..."status of the relationship"..."where is this headed"..."what are we to each other".

CHILL..enjoy a walk, maybe you only talk about the songbirds and the flowers...FOR THREE WEEKS and 5 walks. 

That would be a MASSIVE victory. 

Then...on week 4..."Hey...it's been fun on these walks, did you see the new steakhouse opened.  My treat this Friday if you are up for it."

Maybe a different analogy.  I suspect her "fun" bank account with you is empty...and the "work/hard conversation" bank account is way over drawn and collection letters have been sent out.

Only make deposits in the "fun" account for a while.

Best,

FF

PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Mr. Kelly

Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2021, 05:18:24 PM »

to put this in perspective, at least from my perspective...I hope you have at least 5 walks together in the next 3 weeks and I hope you have EXACTLY ZERO discussion about "declaration of intent"..."status of the relationship"..."where is this headed"..."what are we to each other".

CHILL..enjoy a walk, maybe you only talk about the songbirds and the flowers...FOR THREE WEEKS and 5 walks. 

That would be a MASSIVE victory. 

Then...on week 4..."Hey...it's been fun on these walks, did you see the new steakhouse opened.  My treat this Friday if you are up for it."

Maybe a different analogy.  I suspect her "fun" bank account with you is empty...and the "work/hard conversation" bank account is way over drawn and collection letters have been sent out.

Only make deposits in the "fun" account for a while.

Best,

FF

I think you are soo right on this one. However, I suspect she is going to bring stuff up, if I don’t. Would it be appropriate for me to say “can we just enjoy the company for a while and not talk about that stuff?”  Or does that sound too evasive?

Typically, as with most of these relationships, we tend to make up fairly quickly, and end up sleeping together often that same night. Do you know how that goes.

I get the impression that, like me, she looks for little pieces of evidence to convince her that I am up to something not so good… So if I don’t have her over in my bed within the first couple of times out, I suspect she’s probably going to start splitting again… and find something to complain about and drive herself away, because she will start thinking that I am up to something.

I remember after one of the first major splits, I told her we should just take things slowly, and she seemed to be on board with that, and gave her some comfort.
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2021, 05:29:37 PM »

I think you are soo right on this one. However, I suspect she is going to bring stuff up, if I don’t. Would it be appropriate for me to say “can we just enjoy the company for a while and not talk about that stuff?”  Or does that sound too evasive?

No...don't say/suggest that.

It's not evasive...it sounds INVALIDATING and CONTROLLING to me and likely to her.

If she wants to talk about your relationship, the moon, "status"...don't try to control her.

LISTEN...don't correct...don't direct.  Listen.

Best,

FF

formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2021, 05:33:22 PM »

I remember after one of the first major splits, I told her we should just take things slowly, and she seemed to be on board with that, and gave her some comfort.

This is like "playing the lottery".  Seriously.  Or maybe a slot machine.

For whatever reason on that particular day...whatever you said worked.  Then that gets you in the spiral of over thinking that "if I just say the right thing" or if I say it 1 minute and 7 seconds faster than she says it she will realize we are right for each other and...

My gut says that on that particular day if you had said "let's take things fast"...it would have went well. 

IT'S MORE ABOUT HER EMOTIONS and LESS ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY.

Even if you disagree with me about that last part..consider the impact of that being true.

Best,

FF

Mr. Kelly

Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2021, 05:40:08 PM »

I completely agree with you. I think everything that has happened in the last few weeks, and everything that will happen in the next few weeks is entirely about her emotions. That’s the dangerous part of it, because her emotions bounce all over the place.  She is so profoundly dysregulated.  As you can tell, I bounce into that roulette wheel quite often myself.

Sometimes the roulette wheel lands on a black number, sometimes on a white. Almost doesn’t matter who’s spinning or how fast it is spun.
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2021, 05:49:48 PM »

That’s the dangerous part of it, because her emotions bounce all over the place. 

And your job is to stay in the middle.  Chill.  Don't try to convince her not to bounce...don't remind her that yesterday she had swung the other way...

After a while she will begin to "know" on a very fundamental level that you are "steady" and "safe" and she will start to swing less and less.

Listen..relax...chill..

You've got this.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post) Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Best,

FF

once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2021, 09:16:12 AM »

Staff only

This thread has reached its post limit and has been locked. The discussion continues here: https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=349853.0

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest