Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 10:08:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ten months here  (Read 363 times)
simplyasiam

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: December 16, 2013, 02:54:34 PM »

ive been on and off this board for waht seems like a life time now. ive learned alot here and found great help from the ppl here, i would like to thank you all for that.

today is my frist time on here in a couple weeks, as i was foolies and went  back to ex BPD g/f

our r/s is at the point we are recycling every two weeks with a two or three days off before it starts again.

in the days we are not together shes recycling with the guy she left me for ten months ago.

i tell myself im at my breaking point but im really not sure.

i noitce today so many of things being talked about here now are things ive asked myself over the months.

i dont understand why this is so hard to break away from.

i hope some of you who are new here have better luck than i have had at breaking free from this living hell.

dontknow2

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 07:52:28 PM »

Hello simplyasiam, I just posted explaining why I kept going back called "Attached so much meaning... .". I hope it helps.

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=215628.0
fromheeltoheal

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up, I left her

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 08:44:57 PM »

As long as you realize it has everything to do with you and nothing to do with her.  Just like booze, cocaine, meth, any other addiction, the pull is relentless until you take control of yourself; maybe there should be Borderlines Anonymous meetings.  Maybe this is one.

Anyway, if you want her, go there, if not, leave.  Some say it isn't that simple.  Yes it is.
Phoenix.Rising

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 09:45:18 PM »

Just like booze, cocaine, meth, any other addiction, the pull is relentless until you take control of yourself; maybe there should be Borderlines Anonymous meetings.  Maybe this is one.

My relationship felt very much like an addiction... .it became an addiction.  The Leaving Board is a lot like a Borderlines Anonymous meeting, at least it has been for me!  I've never heard it put that way, but it makes perfect sense to me.  I also started to realize that my 'addiction' has a lot to do with core trauma from my childhood.  My ex has a lot of similarities with my mother, especially emotionally.  I could not see this at all until a very talented therapist started making some connections for me.  So much of this now is about me learning how to take care of myself and not put myself through abuse.  Yes, I allowed it.  All of the pain and turmoil is just as much on me as it is on my ex.  We have my more power that we realize.  Find your power.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest